Ultimate Bass ULTIMATE BASS | BASS FISHING CLASSIFIED ADS | CONTACT US    

Bass Fishing information about bass boats, tackle, fishing rods, baitcasters and other reels all about bass fishing.
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

I am personally getting tired of spammers! We will be aggressively blocking IP addresses  from here on out. If you find yourself  blocked call 318-347-7380 and we will work to correct the issue. Thank you!

Page Down
FREE TACKLE EVERY WEEK

Bass Anglers Magazine - The Best bass fishing magazine on the rack! Subscribe Today and Catch More Bass

NuTech Lures

Doc Irv Custom Baits

Life Vantage

Get Bit Outdoors

X Zone Lures

Bass Anglers Magazine - The Best bass fishing magazine on the rack! Subscribe Today and Catch More Bass

Bass Boats For Sale Free Classified Ads

Laurie Cork
Ph. (318)347-7380
You can Email Me Here

Mike Cork
Ph. (318)560-9827

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Opportunity for a Kistler Helium lta  (Read 412 times)

Matt_3479

• Smallmouth
  • Baby Bass
Opportunity for a Kistler Helium lta
« on: January 08, 2018, 10:13:01 AM »

Wondering if you guys think itís worrh it? I know there older rods but Iím not sure if itís a fair price. Itís a friend of friends rod. Iím great shape. Itís was produced in the later years of production on these rods. Heís asking 75 dollars for it. Itís a 7í Medium Heavy Fast Action 1/8-3/4 lure rating with the Fuji micro guides. Any opinions on these rods and if itís worth purchasing. I live in Canada and to get into a Kistler rod klx or helium 3 on sale there for 299.99 At best for the klx going too 339.99-399.99 and the heliumís on sale for 339.99 going to 419.99 starting regular price

What would you use this rod for? Just getting into bait casting this season and trying out a few different rods and techniques. Picked up a 13 fishing envy black 7í6Ē heavy extra fast for flipping and pitching, have a 13 fishing concept C on order for it. Ordering a dobyns 734 and a tatula sv tw. And looking at this helium lta

Mike Cork

• Father Time
  • Admin
  • Get the Net it's a Hawg
    • Ultimate Bass
Re: Opportunity for a Kistler Helium lta
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2018, 10:50:25 AM »

I don't know much about the rod at all. But wanted to say that any 7 ft rod medium heavy with a fast action is going to be a good all around rod. You should be able to pitch plastics with it, cast spinnerbaits or chatterbaits, even top water. It may not be the best option for some techniques but it could work for them.

I've never been a kistler user so I truly can't help out other than that. Seems like $75 is a good deal, but it could have been abused and break on you the first trip out, or it may last a life time. Just a gamble with used rods.

Let us know if you get it and what you think. We have some anglers here on the forum that have used Kistler equipment and will be along to help.
Fishing is more than just a hobby

Dobyns Rods - Monster Fishing Tackle
Cork's Reel Service

loomisguy

• Lunker
  • Baby Bass
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2018, 11:31:30 AM »

If it's the model I'm thinking of they had gray or slate colored blank with blue lettering.
 I always liked the Kistlers that I've owned.. That would make a nice jig rod.
 I don't think you can go wrong for $75 .

Matt_3479

• Smallmouth
  • Baby Bass
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2018, 01:13:02 PM »

If it's the model I'm thinking of they had gray or slate colored blank with blue lettering.
 I always liked the Kistlers that I've owned.. That would make a nice jig rod.
 I don't think you can go wrong for $75 .

Yes thatís the one. He sent me some pictures of the rod as Iíve only seen it once. It seemed to be in great shape from what I remember and he is a pretty stand up guy. (More money then brains though) so I know it wasnít used too much :P

zippyduck

• Charter Member
  • Daiwa, LSCR, Dobyns, Nutech, Keitech, Yamamoto
« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2018, 05:22:50 PM »

Well worth it. Actually a steal for that rod.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

3rd place 2017 UB IBASS 377.75"

FloridaFishinFool

• Charter Member
    • Kel's Rod & Reel Repair Shop
« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2018, 10:32:44 AM »

Kistler makes some awesome rods! Get 'em when you can.

I have 2 of them and love them.
Works for factory authorized warranty service center for Shimano, Daiwa, Penn, Lew's, Mitchell, Quantum, Fin Nor, Abu Garcia, and Okuma reels. Also authorized warranty service center for Minn Kota, and Motor Guide Trolling motors

Matt_3479

• Smallmouth
  • Baby Bass
« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2018, 07:45:57 PM »

Thank you very much! Iíll see if I can get that rod then this week!

Matt_3479

• Smallmouth
  • Baby Bass
« Reply #7 on: January 11, 2018, 12:28:15 PM »

Picked up the Kistler today! Looks to be in perfect shape, almost unused (which is what he had mentioned). Increadibly light, good back bone. Very excited to try this rod out. Like mentioned for 75 dollars probably not to many new rods Iíd be able to get to even come close to this. Thanks everyone.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Monster Fishing Tactle is the best place to buy your tackle needs Check them out online

When Bass Fishing Is More than Just a Hobby - Dobyns Rods

QUICK LINKS
UB Home
Main Forum
Welcome
Dock Talk
Techniques
Rods and Reels
Tackle Box
Catch of the Day
UB Contests
Tips and Ideas
Sponsor Connection
Fishing Reports
Charter Members Only
Bass Fishing Classified Ads
Boats 4 Sale

BECOME A
CHARTER MEMBER
SUPPORT UB

Find out about the contests before everyone else and know about the latest news first

Page Up

Page created in 0.061 seconds with 24 queries.