Cheesy Chicken Enchiladas

Started by Ron Fogelson, January 09, 2018, 08:41:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ron Fogelson

Guys this is soooooooooo easy

Ingredients
10ish toco size tortillas I use the restaurant size ones come 6 to a bag makes 8 but you could stuff 6 a little fuller  :)
2 cups cooked chicken I just grab a rotisserie chicken and double everything
2 cups shredded Monterey Jack cheese or 3 or 4 cheese mix like Mexican or fiesta blend
3 tablespoons of butter
3 tablespoons of flour
2 cups chicken broth
1 cup sour cream
Green onions
Like a 10 ounce can of green chilies
1 or how many you want  jalapeño peppers seeded and diced

Directions
Preheat oven to 350

Mix shredded chicken with one or two cups of the Monterey Jack then pill it in a tortilla and roll it up and put in your pan 2 cups cheese with one rotisserie chicken or one cup with two cups of shredded chicken
Grease a 9x13 pan. I don't grease it and have to use 2 pans :-) see above each pan holds 4 of tortillas

Melt butter in sauce pan then whisk in the flour until smooth and thick then add the broth I double this so it's 4 cups or one box of the premade stuff. Add it slow and mix it together until smooth now turn up the heat and bring to a boil

As soon as it starts boiling add the diced jalapeño and can of chilies mix well and once it thickens a bit remove from the heat.   Let rest 3 or 4 min

Once cool add the sour cream you don't want to do it if it's hot or you risk curdling it.  Mix it all together and then pour it over the rolled tortillas

Use the other cup of cheese for single batch or two cups for a double and spread it over the sauce now add the green onion and bake for 25 min or until it's hot and bubbly 25 single pan 35 to 40 for two pans

Side dish of Mexican rice and refryed beans or black beans and top your enchilada with move cheese if you want and some toco sauce.

Takes about 15/20 to prep and 25/40 min cook you got home made enchiladas in about an hour

Donald Garner

Sounds great buddy  ~shade  Tks for sharing it with us.
Belton Texas part of God's Country
Stratos 285 Pro XL Yamaha 150 VMax; Lowrance Hook 7 Electronics; Minn Kota Foretrex Trolling Motor

G3 1548 Alwed Jon boat Yamaha 25hp outboard 

Oldfart9999

Sounds great, bet it goes good with a cool one!!!
Rodney
Old Fishermen never die, their rods just go limp.

Lipripper

Ron this does sound good and easy to fix using a store bought chicken

Kats Rule And Bass Drool.Viet Nam Vet

Smallie_Stalker

Well we were planning tacos over the weekend and already have most of these ingredients in the house. I'm gonna see if I can get Eileen and Josh on board with trying this out. I can pick up a rotisserie chicken and some green onions on my way home tomorrow or Friday and we'd be good to go.  :)

Thanks Ron.  :)
Dobyns Rods   Titan Tungsten   Abu Garcia  Berkley  Pflueger  Spiderwire

Ron Fogelson

They heat up well in the nuke had some more tonight LOL