A little piece of Advice....

Started by -Shawn-, January 12, 2018, 02:39:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

-Shawn-

Do not decide that it is easier to use a screwdriver to take out your merc Fuel filter rather than locate your filter tool... Because when you slip and hit the threads it will be a 500.00 mistake.. ~b~ ~b~ ~b~ ~xyz

twocold

Thornback

I hate to hear of your $$$ mistake. Thanks for reminding us to always use the proper tool. As a high school teen I once installed a radiator on the engine side of the frame instead of the grill side of the frame. Everything was fine until a week later when drag racing I wound up the engine in first gear and the fan cut a perfect circle in the radiator.

mygreenihc

Wow,  sorry to hear that.  The filters are high enough without messing up the threads. 

Brad

Donald Garner

Not surprising buddy sorry to hear that.  Getting anything repaired Marine related isn't cheap.  Whets that ole saying B.O.A.T. = Break out another thousand.  Was that for replace parts (+) labor or just parts?
Belton Texas part of God's Country
Stratos 285 Pro XL Yamaha 150 VMax; Lowrance Hook 7 Electronics; Minn Kota Foretrex Trolling Motor

G3 1548 Alwed Jon boat Yamaha 25hp outboard 

-Shawn-

Quote from: Donald Garner on January 12, 2018, 07:37:33 PM
Not surprising buddy sorry to hear that.  Getting anything repaired Marine related isn't cheap.  Whets that ole saying B.O.A.T. = Break out another thousand.  Was that for replace parts (+) labor or just parts?

Parts are 360.00

SteveTX

Captsteve

bummer

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Steve
Headed for the Lake

Mike Cork

Dam Shawn, that sux.... Changing a filter is pretty easy, but you've got my disease and can't have that, let's see what we can really f-up to make this more challenging ~b~

I do this kind of thing all the time... Normally not as expensive though, ouch!

Fishing is more than just a hobby

Dobyns Rods - Monster Fishing Tackle
Cork's Reel Service

kadas

Lipripper

Dang Shawn  ~b~ ~b~ that was an expensive ouch.  :'(

Kats Rule And Bass Drool.Viet Nam Vet

SteveTX

Quote from: Mike Cork on January 13, 2018, 07:37:27 AM
Dam Shawn, that sux.... Changing a filter is pretty easy, but you've got my disease and can't have that, let's see what we can really f-up to make this more challenging ~b~
~roflmao I thought it was normal procedure to screw it up worse before fixing it? Ive been that way my whole life. But hey you learn a lot when you cause yourself a lot of pain both financially and physically.

-Shawn-

Sad thing is it really wasn't even something that was necessary... just figured I would clean filter housing because... hey what could that hurt...  ~b~

Lipripper

Quote from: -Shawn- on January 13, 2018, 01:50:52 PM
Sad thing is it really wasn't even something that was necessary... just figured I would clean filter housing because... hey what could that hurt...  ~b~
About worth of hurt  ~b~ ~b~

Kats Rule And Bass Drool.Viet Nam Vet

-Shawn-

SteveTX

Oldfart9999

Old Fishermen never die, their rods just go limp.