2018 UBCS Rules and Regulations

Started by Jared LeBlue, January 15, 2018, 08:57:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jared LeBlue

2018 UBCS Rules and Regulations

The 15th Annual Ultimate Bass Club Shootout will be held March 24th and 25th at Sam Miguel Park on Toledo Bend Reservoir. This year's event will be hosted by The Lock Jaw Bass Club.

RULES
1. All State, Coast Guard, Federal, Parks and Wildlife Regulations shall apply at all times. Violations of the above regulations will be grounds for disqualification.

2. Only Largemouth and Kentucky spotted bass will be weighed in. Toledo Bend – Largemouth bass must be 14 inches minimum length, and spotted bass 12 inches minimum length. A 1/2 lb penalty and loss of fish will be assessed for all short fish brought to the scale.

3. No more than 5 fish per team in the live-well at any time. When a 6th fish is caught, one must be culled immediately. At no time can a dead fish be culled.

4. You must personally weigh-in your own fish as a team or individually.

5. This is a two-day tournament. Fish must be weighed on the day they are caught, no exceptions.

6. Fish must be kept in a live-well or equally suitable conditions. Do not transport fish to weigh-in on ice, every effort must be made to keep fish alive. There will be a 1/2 lb. penalty for every dead fish brought to the scales. Do not transport fish to weigh in scales until called to do so.

7. The Launch and weigh-in will be held at Sam Miguel State Park. Trailering will be allowed. Those wishing to trailer will not be able to leave the Marina until official launch time.

8. All contestants must wear a Coast Guard approved life vest when the boat is on plane. If boat is equipped with a kill switch, it must be attached to driver while boat is on plane.

9. No wake zones enforced at all times. Please be courteous and follow all state and local rules. Anyone found in violation of state and local rules/laws will be disqualified on that day of fishing.

10. A contestant is not permitted to fish within 50 yards from another tournament boat which is anchored or tied unless permission is granted. Good Sportsmanship is required at all times.

11. Entry fee will be $45/person. Big Bass is included in this fee.   

12. Entry fee MUST be paid by deadline; deadline for the 2018 UBCS is February 23, 2018. All fees must be received by midnight. There will be a late fee applied for any participants paying after the deadline of February 23, 2018. No entries will be accepted after launch on February 24, 2018.

13. There will be an optional $5 dollar per person big bass pot on Friday, February 23rd. Anyone wishing to enter the Friday optional big bass pot must notify the tournament director at 337-965-0699, and check in Friday morning at Sam Miguel State Park by 5:30am Friday Feb.23rd.

14. Tournament hours are from safe light until 3pm Saturday the 24th and safe light until 1200/noon Sunday the 25th. Launch should be 30 min before sun rise each day based on weather. The Sunday weigh-in is subject to change based on majority vote and the discretion of the UBCS Tournament Director.

15. The tournament will be held regardless of rain or shine.

16. Fishing will be done with a rod and reel and artificial lures only (pork rind is acceptable). Each angler may only use one rod/reel at a time.

17. Contestants must be checked in 30 minutes prior to the tournament, and have their live-well checked, on both days. Failing to comply will disqualify that team.

18. All applications for entry in the Ultimate Bass Club Shoot Out and the determination of winners and right to awards are subject to the sole approval and discretion of the Tournament Committee whose decision thereon is FINAL. "Tournament Committee" consists of Jared LeBlue, Jimmy Brown, and John LeDoux.
Ardent Prostaff

ride1599

Where can I send my entry fee? TCTC better be ready, lockjaw gonna beat the brakes off them this year.

Lipripper

Quote from: ride1599 on January 16, 2018, 03:09:15 PM
Where can I send my entry fee? TCTC better be ready, lockjaw gonna beat the brakes off them this year.
Starting the smack talk early  lo lo Hope y'all have some nice weather for it this year. I enjoyed the one in 2010 when I came down.

Kats Rule And Bass Drool.Viet Nam Vet

ride1599

This will be my 3rd time fishing it and absolutely love it. Great guys and good times. Hopefully toledo water if right for the big girls to come out and play.

lsu bass

ʇuǝɹq™

Quote from: ride1599 on January 16, 2018, 03:09:15 PM

Drugs are bad mmkay.

ride1599

Jared LeBlue

Ardent Prostaff

Mike Cork

That's only because you have the beer sponsor  ~beer~ ~beer~

Fishing is more than just a hobby

Dobyns Rods - Monster Fishing Tackle
Cork's Reel Service

Jared LeBlue

Quote from: Mike Cork on January 19, 2018, 11:48:48 AM
That's only because you have the beer sponsor  ~beer~ ~beer~

Don't hate, we also acquired a sponsor for the sissies too. lo
Ardent Prostaff

Mike Cork

~roflmao ~roflmao

You know some of use love to party but can't have alcohol without a medic very close by  :shocking: That's okay, I've learned the animals in the zoo are much more fun when watching them sober  ~roflmao ~roflmao

Fishing is more than just a hobby

Dobyns Rods - Monster Fishing Tackle
Cork's Reel Service

Lipripper

Quote from: Mike Cork on January 19, 2018, 12:26:09 PM
~roflmao ~roflmao

You know some of use love to party but can't have alcohol without a medic very close by  :shocking: That's okay, I've learned the animals in the zoo are much more fun when watching them sober  ~roflmao ~roflmao
~roflmao ~roflmao I hear you Mike it's been years since I had anything to drink for that very reason. Don't want to make a trip to the  ~str or even worse

Kats Rule And Bass Drool.Viet Nam Vet