Bass Tracker 40th Anniversary Edition

Started by Smallie_Stalker, January 17, 2018, 08:48:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jfergus7

Quote from: cojab on February 13, 2018, 09:29:26 PM
Now that your at this point, take your time. There should be some nice used boats coming up for sale now. Since you decided against the Heritage, you have plenty of time. They aren't going to stop making the 175 anytime soon.
BTW, I just saw the Heritage today. My BPS had one on the floor with a big Not For Sale sign on it. Said they had 10 on order and they wouldn't sell this one until the others got in stock.
While I'm sure it will suit some people just fine, it is small and there is very little storage.

That is the exact plan.  Still hope to find one by the beginning of April

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oldfart9999

The 175 is a nice boat and depending on the body of water could serve you well. If you are fishing large bodies of water you may want a glass boat.
Rodney
Old Fishermen never die, their rods just go limp.

basss

Quote from: Goldstar225 on January 21, 2018, 07:26:53 PM
I agree completely.  I think it's ideal for someone who doesn't need to get on a big lake.  I've looked at one in person and think it's a great idea.  When you compare it to the 160 or 170 with equal motors, it is as big as the 170 but about $4,000.00 less and it beats the 160 price by about $2500.00.  No matter how you cut it, that's a darn good price.

I'm not in the market for it, I just bought a 2018 PT 190 but 7-8 years ago I would have been all over it as my first step up from a jon boat.

Ditto, for the money; the best value I've seen.
1995 Gheenoe Highsider
2018 12' Bote HD Paddleboard

jfergus7

Well I am glad that the GF is totally on board with me about the Heratage being to small for us.  She really liked the 175 will certainly fit us much better.  We have a few local used boats that we are going to go check out real quick but think we are both leaning towards the 175 at this point. 

Lipripper

Quote from: jfergus7 on February 14, 2018, 03:30:58 PM
Well I am glad that the GF is totally on board with me about the Heratage being to small for us.  She really liked the 175 will certainly fit us much better.  We have a few local used boats that we are going to go check out real quick but think we are both leaning towards the 175 at this point.
Good for you and I think the new 175 will work out fine. I know I don't have to tell you cause you will want to show her off but we need  ;PHO)  lo lo

Kats Rule And Bass Drool.Viet Nam Vet

jfergus7

Ya I will have plenty of pictures and videos coming down the pipe as we get closer to getting the boat.  We both want to get into some tournament fishing so the list of upgrades and modifications that I already have for the boat is crazy.  Would like to get it soon so I can start working on them! I will be sure to post a ton when they happen

Lipripper

Quote from: jfergus7 on February 14, 2018, 08:13:38 PM
Ya I will have plenty of pictures and videos coming down the pipe as we get closer to getting the boat.  We both want to get into some tournament fishing so the list of upgrades and modifications that I already have for the boat is crazy.  Would like to get it soon so I can start working on them! I will be sure to post a ton when they happen

The first step is to decide what you want a new boat with a warranty or a 9 year old boat without one.  lo lo

jfergus7

If you haven't ordered yours yet and you want one of these before summers over you better hurry.  They don't have many left and they just announced the other day delivery dates are now into June

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

kodi2k6

I have been fishing out of a 1985 SeaNymph 15' BassAttacker w/30Hp Honda 4-stroke(2002) for over 30 years now and I think the Tracker Heritage Edition is going to be a nice up-grade for me.  The salesman told me not to expect delivery until the end of June.  I am looking forward the extra length, width, and power with trim/tilt that I haven't had.  I think $10K is a really good deal and my only disappointment is the lame fishfinder that they put on the console but that can be fixed.

jfergus7

Congrats on the new boat kodi2k6!

Smallie_Stalker

Kodi2k6, I know I already said hello but let me welcome you again to Ultimate Bass and the great bunch of anglers we have here. Congrats on the new boat.  ~c~

I had a 1979 Bass Tracker, the second year they were made and to be honest if I had the $10K to spend I would buy one of these Heritage Editions. It should serve you well for anything from small ponds to moderate sized lakes.

When you get a minute stop by the Let Us Get To Know You board and say hello.

And be sure and get your name in for those New Member's Contest and the Weekly Contests I mentioned.

Looking forward to seeing you around the boards and to learning from your posts. Holler if you need a hand with anything.
Dobyns Rods   Titan Tungsten   Abu Garcia  Berkley  Pflueger  Spiderwire

SteveTX

No doubt kodi2k6 congrats on the new boat.  ;D Should be a great new toy.

Oldfart9999

Sounds like a great deal for Kodi!!! Welcome aboard!!! Be sure to gives a review and some pics when you have time on her!!!
Rodney
Old Fishermen never die, their rods just go limp.

kodi2k6

Quote from: Wizard on February 13, 2018, 05:37:13 PM
I bought one of the first year boats to fish on small lakes. It was 4-5 years old at the time. The hulls were thin and didn't hold up as well as today's boats. The marine plywood must have been made in China. Marine plywood is designed to withstand water and weather elements. Being covered with carpet, I couldn't see the wood When I bought the boat. There was a little give and a little spring to the deck but I thought little about the plywood deteriorating already. The first season, the boat performed as expected. The second season, the fishing seats started to give way. I tore off off the carpet and the plywood was rotten in many places. Marine plywood at that time was stamped "Marine Plywood". No stamps found on the wood. Now, I have had 17 fiberglass boats and 4 tin boats. That Tracker was the only one I would label a POS. I hope the anniversary boat isn't made the same as the first boat.

Wizard

Before I ordered my Heritage boat, I did some comparisons with their other boats and I found the hull thickness to be thicker than the Tracker Pro 160's and the same as the Tracker Pro 170, Pro Team 175, Lund 1875 PRO-V BASS, and the Lowe FM 160 Pro.  So, I don't think that hull thickness should be a concern.  I am a "glass half full" kind of thinker in believing that Tracker has learned something in the last 40 years and that they can make a boat of acceptable quality.  I have spent my last 30 summers in my SeaNymph BassAttacker and it still has its original plywood decking because it was cared for and garaged when not in use.

jfergus7

What I can not figure out and I have asked several BPS sales reps and they have no answer either is why the Heritage is only rated for 3 people.  If you look at the specs on a few of the other boats including the one that is the exact same size it is rated for 4 people.  This was another reason why we ended up deciding against the Heritage.  I have two nephews that we like taking out fishing with us and the last thing I need is a ticket for over limit. 

Lipripper

Quote from: jfergus7 on March 01, 2018, 01:27:16 AM
What I can not figure out and I have asked several BPS sales reps and they have no answer either is why the Heritage is only rated for 3 people.  If you look at the specs on a few of the other boats including the one that is the exact same size it is rated for 4 people.  This was another reason why we ended up deciding against the Heritage.  I have two nephews that we like taking out fishing with us and the last thing I need is a ticket for over limit.
That is strange and your right you don't need to get a ticket up there in Wis and being from Illinois they law guys up there just look for reasons to give us Illinois guy tickets.  ;D

jfergus7

Wardens up here are very cool with me since I have known them all for years.  Regardless a ticket I don't need.