Loch Raven Permits

Started by goosehunter4499, January 18, 2018, 05:17:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

goosehunter4499

Hey guys,
In case anyone was wondering why they haven't received their letter from the fishing center for their permit, they have changed the process.  It is strictly mail-in only.  Their website has the form to fill out and mail in.  Unfortunately they do not give prior year permit holders first shot anymore.  First come, first serve.  Hopefully everyone gets one.  Good luck.
Good fishing.......

Lipripper

Thanks for the heads up for your fellow Maryland fishermen.  ~c~ ~c~

Kats Rule And Bass Drool.Viet Nam Vet

jyu87

Quote from: goosehunter4499 on January 18, 2018, 05:17:00 PM
Hey guys,
In case anyone was wondering why they haven't received their letter from the fishing center for their permit, they have changed the process.  It is strictly mail-in only.  Their website has the form to fill out and mail in.  Unfortunately they do not give prior year permit holders first shot anymore.  First come, first serve.  Hopefully everyone gets one.  Good luck.
Good fishing.......

You guys should not have any problems getting LR permits. Even though it is first come first serve, I'm pretty certain that 100% of those apply will get a permit. They changed this last year after an audit (sources say.)
2018 Tracker 190TX
Mercury 115 ProXS
Lowrance HDS 12 & 9 Gen3

MDbowhunter

Quote from: goosehunter4499 on January 18, 2018, 05:17:00 PM
Hey guys,
Good fishing.......

Best thing they could've ever done

Kovaxination

I'm curious to hear- how many people who applied this year have received their permits already? If so, when did you send in your application?

I sent mine in a little late this year (towards the end of February) and getting a little antsy about it.

Thanks!

Speedmunkee

I sent my application in back in early Feb (maybe late January)  and got mine pretty qick. If my memory serves me correctly, I sent my LR app in after I sent my PB/Liberty app and got my Loch Raven permit really quickly- a week or so before my PB/Liberty permit came.
You may want to email Kevin and ask him wht happened.
Good Luck!

Kovaxination

Thanks Speedmunkee for the info. Turns out mine arrived in the mail today! Its on! Love the spring at the Loch.

acwatkins

These reservoirs have boat length restrictions correct? I'd be interested in getting one for my spare kayak if allowed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kris

I believe the minimum on kayaks is 12 foot. That is what my neighbor told me anyway. I could be wrong AC but that's my story and I'm sticking to it.
Reservoir fishing in MD, Vietnam Vet, Retired
Ouachita 16' Model B, Minn Kota, Lowrance, Raymarine
Moderator - Maryland Fishing Reports and Chat

Kovaxination

Per the fishing centers website:
18. Boats must have a minimum length of 12 feet, maximum length of 20 feet, a beam (width) of not less than 48 inches, and a depth of not less than 18 inches. Canoes must be at least 12 feet long with a beam of at least 35 inches, and meet minimum standards. Kayaks must be at least 12 feet long.

Also they do not allow inflatables of any kind.

acwatkins

Awesome! My kayak is 12'8" lol. Guess I'll be exploring some new water this year

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kovaxination

Does anyone know if you can transfer stickers from one boat to another? (Same owner)

I am sure it would be best to contact them and see. If you would switch them over it might cause a problem if caught.