What's For Supper

Started by D.W. Verts, January 26, 2018, 02:35:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

D.W. Verts

We serve a LOT of Catfish in our little restaurant. I'm really picky about it, too. I have zero culinary training- but I've cooked fish for a lot of years and there are a few secrets. Many folks say our fish is the best they've ever had. Ever. That's somethin' to be proud of.

Here's a part of this weekend's batch that I just cut up. It's why fish TREMBLE when they know I'm around!

Old School Bass Fishin', My Hickbilly Life, and Hickbilly Outdoors with D.W. Verts on YOUTUBE!
Solar Bat Sunglasses Pro Staff

SteveTX

Looks good just don't cut my fish steak up in such small chunks please. I can wait the extra 60 seconds in the fryer.  lo

D.W. Verts

It's not about cuttin' them up smaller- it's about having multiple pieces that're the SAME size. That way you can fry 'em up in three different batches (or throw the smaller pieces in after the largest have cooked a minute or so). Important overall- more so when the window is full of orders.
Old School Bass Fishin', My Hickbilly Life, and Hickbilly Outdoors with D.W. Verts on YOUTUBE!

SteveTX

Quote from: D.W. Verts on January 26, 2018, 03:05:35 PM
It's not about cuttin' them up smaller- it's about having multiple pieces that're the SAME size. That way you can fry 'em up in three different batches (or throw the smaller pieces in after the largest have cooked a minute or so). Important overall- more so when the window is full of orders.
Oh I understand about the cooking of fish in restaurants. Well that goes for a lot of cooking for public. Have to serve evenly cooked, served fairly quick, and great tasting stuff or bye bye business.

Not to mention I was born and raised where we ate fish, long before the PC crowd decided we was hurting the poor little fishies.  ~shade ::) lo

Lipripper

My wife would die for a plate of them Dale. She loves catfish. I like they after Crappie. I can remember when I use to do a lot of catfish and several times have had a bathtub full of catfish waiting for me to clean them after my nap from being up all night catching them.  ;D

Kats Rule And Bass Drool.Viet Nam Vet

D.W. Verts

That PC crowd can kiss my, well-you know. We eat fish. here. And MEAT. Lots of meat and taters. Healthy stuff, ya know.

Here's a basket ready to go out- Catfish, Butterfly Shrimp, Jalapeno Poppers and Hush Puppies. We even do 'Gator sometimes.

SteveTX

Lipripper

Quote from: D.W. Verts on January 26, 2018, 03:52:59 PM
That PC crowd can kiss my, well-you know. We eat fish. here. And MEAT. Lots of meat and taters. Healthy stuff, ya know.

Here's a basket ready to go out- Catfish, Butterfly Shrimp, Jalapeno Poppers and Hush Puppies. We even do 'Gator sometimes.

Sure looks good. I'm going to have to come over and camp out in your back yard for a few days and go catch some of them nice Bass and eat some of that good food with you.  ;D  lo lo

Kats Rule And Bass Drool.Viet Nam Vet

D.W. Verts

Quote from: Lipripper on January 26, 2018, 05:05:54 PM
Sure looks good. I'm going to have to come over and camp out in your back yard for a few days and go catch some of them nice Bass and eat some of that good food with you.  ;D  lo lo

Now right there is a PLAN.

Wizard

OK, Dale. I'm hooked. Send me the restaurant address on a PM.

Wizard

D.W. Verts

Quote from: Wizard on January 26, 2018, 06:41:42 PM
OK, Dale. I'm hooked. Send me the restaurant address on a PM.

Wizard

Heck Wiz, I'll post it here!-

The Ambush Restaurant
4591 Butterfield Trail
Florence, MO 65329
660-368-4785

We have the Fecesbook page too to keep folks updated.

Here's how I see it- ya'll come down on the way to the Condo some weekend. We feed you real good. If you can get yer crippled butt upstairs I'll show you the old "woops"house (for real!). Then the next day we go FISHIN'.

Is that a plan, or what?

Oldfart9999

Too bad I don't like catfish1 The shrimp, Jalapenos, and hushpuppies sure look good though. Some batter fried panfish would be good also!!!
Rodney
Old Fishermen never die, their rods just go limp.

Donald Garner

Dale it sure looks tasty  ~shade  I'll be sure to give you a holler when we come up that way.  We have In-laws that live in Rolla.  We might be heading up there this Summer.
Belton Texas part of God's Country
Stratos 285 Pro XL Yamaha 150 VMax; Lowrance Hook 7 Electronics; Minn Kota Foretrex Trolling Motor

G3 1548 Alwed Jon boat Yamaha 25hp outboard 

D.W. Verts

Would love to have you in, sir!