Best life jacket for a 3 year old?

Started by ʇuǝɹq™, January 29, 2018, 12:10:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ʇuǝɹq™

Hey guys, my son will be turning 3 this summer, and I'm looking for the best life jacket for him. The one he currently has just isn't comfortable enough so he constantly tries to take it off. I was looking at the full body suit PFD's, but I haven't found any that are coast guard approved. There is no way I will take him out in my boat if he refuses to wear his PFD.

Lipripper

Quote from: ʇuǝɹq™ on January 29, 2018, 12:10:56 PM
Hey guys, my son will be turning 3 this summer, and I'm looking for the best life jacket for him. The one he currently has just isn't comfortable enough so he constantly tries to take it off. I was looking at the full body suit PFD's, but I haven't found any that are coast guard approved. There is no way I will take him out in my boat if he refuses to wear his PFD.
Did you see the one by O'Neill Wake Waterski Infant USCG Vest ?

Kats Rule And Bass Drool.Viet Nam Vet

Princeton_Man

Take a look at the Gill Jr front zip PFD.

You can pin the zipper with a safety pen to prevent him from unzipping.
Stratos 285 XL Pro 150 Evinrude ETEC

Dobyns Rods - LSCR Club

ʇuǝɹq™

Quote from: Lipripper on January 29, 2018, 12:18:44 PM
Did you see the one by O'Neill Wake Waterski Infant USCG Vest ?

That one is almost like what he has now. It's so bulky he can't move much.

Quote from: Princeton_Man on January 29, 2018, 12:20:11 PM
Take a look at the Gill Jr front zip PFD.

You can pin the zipper with a safety pen to prevent him from unzipping.

Thanks for showing me this one. I like it a bit better. It doesn't look like it gets as hot as some of the other ones. Only problem is he weighs about 30lbs and the smallest they recommend is 66lbs.

Princeton_Man

Quote from: ʇuǝɹq™ on January 29, 2018, 12:40:00 PM
That one is almost like what he has now. It's so bulky he can't move much.

Thanks for showing me this one. I like it a bit better. It doesn't look like it gets as hot as some of the other ones. Only problem is he weighs about 30lbs and the smallest they recommend is 66lbs.

Friend of mine has one for his son and he's not that big....
Stratos 285 XL Pro 150 Evinrude ETEC

Dobyns Rods - LSCR Club

ʇuǝɹq™

Quote from: Princeton_Man on January 29, 2018, 12:46:21 PM
Friend of mine has one for his son and he's not that big....

Good to know. I'll check those out. Thanks man.

Nutt

Brent, I think I still have a new one I bought for my niece when she was real small.  Its just a standard life jacket, but if I still have it, its yours if you want it.  Not sure it will be more comfortable than what you have now, but it didn't seem to hinder her much. 
Doctor says I should stay away from other people.

ʇuǝɹq™

Quote from: Nutt on January 29, 2018, 01:46:40 PM
Brent, I think I still have a new one I bought for my niece when she was real small.  Its just a standard life jacket, but if I still have it, its yours if you want it.  Not sure it will be more comfortable than what you have now, but it didn't seem to hinder her much. 

Thanks man, I'll gladly give it a shot!