Capt. BassinLou

BS away!!  :)

West6550

Took, what kind of kayak do you have?

SFL BassHunter

Welcome back Took! It's been a while!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
PB: 6lbs 5oz / 24.25 inches.
Rods/Reels Dobyns, 13 Fishing, Cabelas Arachnid, Daiwa Tatula CT, Tatula SVTW, Tatula Tactical, Tatula Type R
Florida Bass Fishing

Capt. BassinLou

Here's an exciting announcement for the FLBR crew, because of your success's posting Hawgs over the course of FLBR's growth we have decided to open this up for the entire Florida Board.  ~c~ ~c~ This way every FL UB member can show off their Hawgs.  :o :o

Click here to see the official announcement ------>FL Hawg Wall

Lipripper

Quote from: Bassinlou on February 01, 2018, 09:01:32 AM
Here's an exciting announcement for the FLBR crew, because of your success's posting Hawgs over the course of FLBR's growth we have decided to open this up for the entire Florida Board.  ~c~ ~c~ This way every FL UB member can show off their Hawgs.  :o :o

It's about time  lo lo We need some more HAWG  ;PHO) ;D
OH here ya go Lou you need some of these for this thread  ;D

Kats Rule And Bass Drool.Viet Nam Vet

Lipripper

Congratulation Barry on your win last month and to Chris for BF  ~c~ ~c~

Deadeye

Quote from: Bassinlou on February 01, 2018, 09:01:32 AM

Wasn't there already a place for anyone other than FBRC Members to post pics of the fish they caught called Catch of the Day on the Forum?

Just wondering if this is the first step towards eliminating the FBRC and absorbing it into the IBass Contest?

Or are all the State Boards going to now have a Hawg Wall like some have already announced, such as the Pennsylvania Board?

Lots of changes being announced over the past month. Just wondering where the FBRC is going to fit in here now.

Capt. BassinLou

Quote from: Deadeye on February 01, 2018, 08:12:34 PM
Wasn't there already a place for anyone other than FBRC Members to post pics of the fish they caught called Catch of the Day on the Forum?

Just wondering if this is the first step towards eliminating the FBRC and absorbing it into the IBass Contest?

Or are all the State Boards going to now have a Hawg Wall like some have already announced, such as the Pennsylvania Board?

Lots of changes being announced over the past month. Just wondering where the FBRC is going to fit in here now.

Fred, I can understand how this must appear, and how it could go in line with your train of thought. Yes, there have been some new changes occurring across the site, but I will clarify this right now. FLBR is not going anywhere or being absorbed by anyone. The Florida Hawg Wall was created so that all Florida UB members could have one place to show case their bigger fish. Instead of creating a new thread or sending them to another forum on the main site, they could come share with us over on the Hawg Wall. Both participating FLBR Club members and non-FLBR  FL UB members can both share this same thread.

West6550

Good question Fred, I was wondering the same. Not that I will be around much longer once we travel out of state.

Wife and I are going RVing again this weekend. But this time it is a free off grid spot with public access, plus it has a river and two ponds :-) Needles to say the fishing gear is in the RV! Green Swamp is where we are going BTW!

Lipripper

Quote from: West6550 on February 02, 2018, 01:04:24 PM
Good question Fred, I was wondering the same. Not that I will be around much longer once we travel out of state.

Wife and I are going RVing again this weekend. But this time it is a free off grid spot with public access, plus it has a river and two ponds :-) Needles to say the fishing gear is in the RV! Green Swamp is where we are going BTW!
You two have fun and catch some fish while your at it.  ;D

SFL BassHunter

Quote from: West6550 on February 02, 2018, 01:04:24 PM

:(  :(  :(

PB: 6lbs 5oz / 24.25 inches.
Rods/Reels Dobyns, 13 Fishing, Cabelas Arachnid, Daiwa Tatula CT, Tatula SVTW, Tatula Tactical, Tatula Type R
Florida Bass Fishing

Deadeye

Went Harris Chain again today. Lots of people there.

Berkeley Big Bass is this weekend and lots of guys looking.

And FLW there next week.

This guy was launching right beside me.

Scott Martin.

I spoke to him as I passed but didn't make a big deal out of it. Not like some others that slammed their trucks into park and ran over to yak at him.

Lipripper

Glad you got out and caught some fish Fred and nice picture and Scott is a good guy from what I've read about him.
Lou your going to have to do better than that if you want to win this month,  lo lo

Capt. BassinLou

Quote from: Lipripper on February 02, 2018, 05:17:16 PM
Glad you got out and caught some fish Fred and nice picture and Scott is a good guy from what I've read about him.
Lou your going to have to do better than that if you want to win this month,  lo lo

You got to start from somewhere Lip.  ;)

Lipripper

Quote from: Bassinlou on February 02, 2018, 05:19:19 PM
You got to start from somewhere Lip.  ;)
True and at least you were fishing. ;D

BarryFL

Congrats to Fred and Lou for getting on the board. Intend to join you tomorrow. Heading to the river for the first time in a couple of months. Hopefully some of the vegetation has thinned out but the water is still a bit high. Good luck to all those fishing this weekend.
~Barry~

Capt. BassinLou

Quote from: TR21PDCTampa on February 02, 2018, 06:45:15 PM
Congrats to Fred and Lou for getting on the board. Intend to join you tomorrow. Heading to the river for the first time in a couple of months. Hopefully some of the vegetation has thinned out but the water is still a bit high. Good luck to all those fishing this weekend.
Good luck Barry

Lipripper

Good luck Barry and hope to see you get on the board tomorrow also ;D

Smallie_Stalker

Quote from: Deadeye on February 02, 2018, 04:57:04 PM
Went Harris Chain again today. Lots of people there.

Berkeley Big Bass is this weekend and lots of guys looking.

And FLW there next week.

This guy was launching right beside me.

Scott Martin.

I spoke to him as I passed but didn't make a big deal out of it. Not like some others that slammed their trucks into park and ran over to yak at him.

Nice Fred!!! Kudos for not hammering him. Some may remember that Scott stopped by here once or twice.
Dobyns Rods   Titan Tungsten   Abu Garcia  Berkley  Pflueger  Spiderwire

Deadeye

Quote from: TR21PDCTampa on February 02, 2018, 06:45:15 PM

Good Luck back at ya Barry.

I'm going to hit the SJR for a few this morning then get off before the heavy boat traffic starts up. Hoping some will have gone to the Big Bass Tx and it won't be to bad.

Had I been on some decent fish I might of tried it. 10 places paid every hour starting with $1,000 for biggest Bass of the hour. Biggest over 2 days wins a new Z19.

Deadeye

Zeroed our this morning on Bass, but got more than my limit of idiots on boats.

I swear some of these people have no clue what they are doing.

I was sitting in an Idle Zone that is a Double Blind Curve, that's why they made it that way.

I see this guy coming across the grass in a big Bay Boat and he is hauling it. He had to of blown by the guy that was against the edge on the other side of the curve that I just passed and I'm on the front deck fishing a spot in the center of the turn. Dude comes around the curve and whoas it down. Big wake everywhere. I say to him "this is an idle zone" and he just stares at me. Then blasts off down the river.

Later in the day I'm fishing down a creek that is wide enough for maybe 3 boats and I hear a boat coming. Again hauling it. Same Guy. Blows by me and throws a huge wake.

Eventually I come across him fishing. I didn't say anything until I could see his boat registration. The I said " you might want to slow it down the next time you blow by someone again". He asked what did I say and I repeated it. Then he went Hehehehehe. Laughing like it was a big joke.

That's when I told him "you might do that in Georgia but we don't do that down here".

He shut up and didn't say anything more.

He was not the only one, they were all over today blowing by you at full speed with these big Bay Boats that throw a 4 ft wake.

Idiots.

Lipripper

Fred sounds like you had a day full of them Idiots  ~xyz Make it hard to enjoy a day out there fishing.

big g

Fred you can cure a cold, but its impossible to fix stupid!  These guys are all over the place.  It comes with the times, they don't give a sit about anyone but themselves. ~rant
(Fish) - P/B 11.4, Everglades, L67, L28, Little 67, Alligator Alley, Sawgrass, Holey Land, Loxahatchee, Ida, Osbourne, Okeechobee, Weston Lakes. Broward and Dade Canals.

West6550

Stacy and I walked the 3 miles to the twin lakes and I caught 5 or 6. Biggest was maybe a pound. It was fun though and beautiful! Water was insanely clear, definitely a old sand or phosphate pit.