Kast King

Started by Power fishing, February 02, 2018, 06:25:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bigdogpc

I just finished spooling some 12# mono on one and since I haven;t had it in the water yet, I am impressed so far.  The KK Royal Legend called my name when my wallet saw the price.  I'm no pro, I just want to catch a few fish and my wallet thanks me for not going crazy (not to mention my smarter half would not be pleased).  I will try to comment further once I try it out.  I liked the price and just fooling around with it I think it will do the trick.
Gun control is being able to hit your target!

deepiper

I own 3 KK reels. 2 Sharky II's, a 1500 and a 2000, and a Royale Legend baitcaster. I have caught a bunch of panfish, stocked trout, and bass on the Sharky II 1500 using 6 lb Stren mono. I have it paired with an Ugly Stik GX2 Light action rod, 6'0". The 2000 I have on a Diawa Laguna 6'0 medium power rod I picked up at Academy. I've caught several bass on it as well. Both I have used bank fishing, and they have worked fine. The Royale Legend I have not had very long. I have caught a bass with it. I just prefer using my Abu Garcia SilverMax and BlackMax combo's. The SilverMax I have caught alot of bass with it, including my PB. The BlackMax I am very happy with. I am using it on the rod it came paired on, a Cabelas IM6. It is so easy to fish with. I almost never have a backlash with it. Very comfortable and confident with it in my hand. It has become my rod for fishing crankbaits. 

Bankbeater56

At one point I had 3 Assasin, Whitemax, and Royale Legend. After the first fish caught on Whitemax it started to squeal like a pig. The Assasin was great. Smooth casted a mile but after awhile it started to squeal also but not as bad. Never even used the Royale Legend. Wound up selling all 3 and going with the Fuego CT and Tatula CT. I must say, I did like that Assasin.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

smithy97

After using my new Speed Demon and Assassin this year, I've sold both. I couldn't seem to tame the speed of the spool on either of these. Seems like I can't fine tune them to exactly where I want. The brakes and the spool tension would have to be cranked right down to prevent an insane birds nest on each of them. They both felt as if they could only be used in total free spool, or totally over-braked. I replaced them with a Fuego CT and a Tatula CT. Love those reels, I have a bunch of them in my arsenal now and will keep buying them as I need to. Maybe my KK reels were just lemons because both of these have tons of great feedback from long time users. Curious if anyone else experienced this?   

SFL BassHunter

Quote from: smithy97 on October 13, 2018, 05:09:54 AM
After using my new Speed Demon and Assassin this year, I've sold both. I couldn't seem to tame the speed of the spool on either of these. Seems like I can't fine tune them to exactly where I want. The brakes and the spool tension would have to be cranked right down to prevent an insane birds nest on each of them. They both felt as if they could only be used in total free spool, or totally over-braked. I replaced them with a Fuego CT and a Tatula CT. Love those reels, I have a bunch of them in my arsenal now and will keep buying them as I need to. Maybe my KK reels were just lemons because both of these have tons of great feedback from long time users. Curious if anyone else experienced this?   

Can't beat those daiwa brakes!
PB: 6lbs 5oz / 24.25 inches.
Rods/Reels Dobyns, 13 Fishing, Cabelas Arachnid, Daiwa Tatula CT, Tatula SVTW, Tatula Tactical, Tatula Type R
Florida Bass Fishing

Bankbeater56

Very interesting post.
https://youtu.be/H8BvpC3Ld18

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FLO GROWN

I got one of those speed demons just because I heard so much talk about kastking I figured I try it out after 1 fishing trip sent it back,I'll stick with my Daiwa Tatulas and Dobyns rods

Sent from my Z982 using Tapatalk

"Tight lines"