Ultimate Bass ULTIMATE BASS | BASS FISHING CLASSIFIED ADS | CONTACT US    

Bass Fishing information about bass boats, tackle, fishing rods, baitcasters and other reels all about bass fishing.
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

I am personally getting tired of spammers! We will be aggressively blocking IP addresses  from here on out. If you find yourself  blocked call 318-347-7380 and we will work to correct the issue. Thank you!

Page Down
FREE TACKLE EVERY WEEK

Bass Anglers Magazine - The Best bass fishing magazine on the rack! Subscribe Today and Catch More Bass

NuTech Lures

Doc Irv Custom Baits

Life Vantage

Get Bit Outdoors

X Zone Lures

Bass Anglers Magazine - The Best bass fishing magazine on the rack! Subscribe Today and Catch More Bass

Bass Boats For Sale Free Classified Ads

Laurie Cork
Ph. (318)347-7380
You can Email Me Here

Mike Cork
Ph. (318)560-9827

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Using Deeper sonar with arm mount on kayak for mapping?  (Read 175 times)

Riazuli

• Smallmouth
  • Baby Bass
Using Deeper sonar with arm mount on kayak for mapping?
« on: February 07, 2018, 09:17:35 PM »

Hey everyone, right before winter I got a great deal on a Deeper sonar pro plus with GPS mapping ability.  I recently got a good deal on a Deeper arm mount for kayaks and I was wondering if anyone has tried this and what your thoughts were on it. Does it work well from a kayak?  It's amazing from the bank.  My kayak is pretty stable on the water so I don't see it rocking too much.  I've also purchased a generic heavy duty clip on phone mount with flexible arm to hold my phone.  I figured I could just map while kayaking around and get a good idea of where fish might be hanging out.  I'm not so interested in the fish finding aspect, especially on the kayak as I don't see fish hanging out too long underneath the kayak (they usually scatter or jump right away when I go over them).

I'm interested to here yalls thoughts on this!

THfishing

• Smallmouth
  • Baby Bass
Re: Using Deeper sonar with arm mount on kayak for mapping?
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2018, 01:16:06 PM »

Have you thought about using the Navionics App on your phone for GPS? There is so many features you can do with App, like track,mark waypoints, use depth highlight range and safety depth. You try the App out for free before you purchase it. I use the app to study before I go fishing anywhere. It helps get an idea on areas I have been overlooking and need to try.

Riazuli

• Smallmouth
  • Baby Bass
Re: Using Deeper sonar with arm mount on kayak for mapping?
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2018, 02:42:04 PM »

Thank you for responding with your suggestion - I do use Navionics.  The Deeper will be able to give me much more detailed data, down to specific underwater terrain/structure.  The Navionics app is a great way to narrow some of my mapping searches, but I would be able to pinpoint underwater ditches or structure that fish may be hiding under with the Deeper.  I can also mark those areas in the Deeper app - so Navionics and Deeper make a great combo!
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Monster Fishing Tactle is the best place to buy your tackle needs Check them out online

When Bass Fishing Is More than Just a Hobby - Dobyns Rods

QUICK LINKS
UB Home
Main Forum
Welcome
Dock Talk
Techniques
Rods and Reels
Tackle Box
Catch of the Day
UB Contests
Tips and Ideas
Sponsor Connection
Fishing Reports
Charter Members Only
Bass Fishing Classified Ads
Boats 4 Sale

BECOME A
CHARTER MEMBER
SUPPORT UB

Find out about the contests before everyone else and know about the latest news first

Page Up

Page created in 0.102 seconds with 24 queries.