Lew's Help

Started by tooboocoo, February 09, 2018, 11:31:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tooboocoo

I have a couple of left handed Lew's baitcasters that spool unevenly...heavier on left side than right.  Is there an easy solution to even things out?  Thanks

LgMouthGambler

Bad pawl, or its time for a cleaning.

<")))>{

My wife says she is gonna leave me if I go fishing one more time........lord how I will miss that woman.

dreamcatcher

Quote from: tooboocoo on February 09, 2018, 11:31:16 PM
I have a couple of left handed Lew's baitcasters that spool unevenly...heavier on left side than right.  Is there an easy solution to even things out?  Thanks

Try spooling your line on the reel with a little left shift, don't fill it thru the eyes
The worst day Fishing is better than not fishing

Kurt L

Double check your spoon tension so there is no side to side movement and then thumb the line to the right if it's building to the left when spooling up.

Should be good to go.

Kurt

mikebass22

You can check and make sure that the line guide is tight in the pawl

Mike Cork

Fishing is more than just a hobby

Dobyns Rods - Monster Fishing Tackle
Cork's Reel Service

tooboocoo

Well, I stripped the old line off, cleaned her up real good, oiled all the suggested spots, checked spool tension and side play, put her back together, and respooled fresh line.  Line went on evenly with none of the previous issues. 
Thanks UB guys.....came thru again.  ~c~

Mike Cork

Fishing is more than just a hobby

Dobyns Rods - Monster Fishing Tackle
Cork's Reel Service

LgMouthGambler

Awesome! Metal pawls and wormshafts rarely go bad unless there is major neglect. Thats what I like about Doyo and Daiwa, they still stick to the metal parts.
My wife says she is gonna leave me if I go fishing one more time........lord how I will miss that woman.

dreamcatcher

I have several older Lew's and I replaced all the pawls with ceramic, they work great. been a while too 8)
The worst day Fishing is better than not fishing