UB IBASS is almost here

Started by zippyduck, February 10, 2018, 12:46:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike Cork

Quote from: ItsJason on February 12, 2018, 04:18:40 PM
I'm assuming fishing from float tube and/or kayak is allowed for this as well?

Sent from my SM-T237P using Tapatalk

Depends on how many fish you start catching :-\

Fishing is more than just a hobby

Dobyns Rods - Monster Fishing Tackle
Cork's Reel Service

zippyduck

Quote from: ItsJason on February 12, 2018, 04:18:40 PM
I'm assuming fishing from float tube and/or kayak is allowed for this as well?

As long as it is artificial baits you can hang from a tree or use a helicopter.
Open to all vessels or no vessels.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

3rd place 2017 UB IBASS 377.75"
AOY 2018 IBASS Cool Casters  369.00"
AOY 2019 IBASS Cool Casters  362.50"

ItsJason

Quote from: zippyduck on February 12, 2018, 04:49:26 PM
As long as it is artificial baits you can hang from a tree or use a helicopter.
Open to all vessels or no vessels.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
Good to know. I'm pretty talented at hanging artificial baits in trees, never tried fishing from one though.

Lipripper

Quote from: ItsJason on February 12, 2018, 04:53:11 PM
Good to know. I'm pretty talented at hanging artificial baits in trees, never tried fishing from one though.

I did once and let me tell you don't stand on a skinny branch. ;D

Kats Rule And Bass Drool.Viet Nam Vet

Justin62882

Lol  ~roflmao this is gonna be a fun tournament and season
Fishing Is not an escape  from life, but often a deeper immersion into it.

Blacknredflake

Im ready!!!!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

BITE THE DAMN WORM!

zippyduck

Cool now you can get everywhere the fish are. Can't wait to see the pics of the hawgs you drag out of the swamps.

SteelHorseCowboy

I wonder if one of those would fit in the back of a Traverse...

Lipripper

Quote from: Blacknredflake on February 13, 2018, 09:29:36 PM
Im ready!!!!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk
Yep that will get you out there where the big one's hide.  ~c~

SteveTX

I have the BassPro version its called Uncle Buck's Pond Prowler. That thing is amazing for what it is. I've caught lots a fish out of it. Talk about shallow they can do that. I sold my jon boat and kept the Pond Prowler. It was too easy to load in the truck and seemed like it was easier to fish from for me.

Kawidaddy

Just a test. Wanted to make sure this is what Zippy wanted. Thanks to Bassinlou for the idea of where to purchase measure board. This one is really nice and rolls up pretty small for easy storage in Tackle Backpack.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Lipripper

Quote from: Kawidaddy on February 24, 2018, 11:48:46 AM
Just a test. Wanted to make sure this is what Zippy wanted. Thanks to Bassinlou for the idea of where to purchase measure board. This one is really nice and rolls up pretty small for easy storage in Tackle Backpack.

Yelp you got the hang of it and I just bought two of them measure board also and like the size of them. I will put a rubber band around it till I get to where I will be fishing to keep them rolled up.

Lipripper

OH nice fish by the way also. ~c~ I'm going out one day next week to test mine out and my new LSCR Frog rod and my new LT Albino Frogs. I don't know if them Bass will hit a frog so soon after ice out and no pads or grass but I'm going anyway.

SFL BassHunter

I think you almost got it figured out lol. I'd flip it if you could just to make life easier for Zippy
PB: 6lbs 5oz / 24.25 inches.
Rods/Reels Dobyns, 13 Fishing, Cabelas Arachnid, Daiwa Tatula CT, Tatula SVTW, Tatula Tactical, Tatula Type R
Florida Bass Fishing

Kawidaddy

Quote from: Lipripper on February 24, 2018, 12:12:38 PM
OH nice fish by the way also. ~c~ I'm going out one day next week to test mine out and my new LSCR Frog rod and my new LT Albino Frogs. I don't know if them Bass will hit a frog so soon after ice out and no pads or grass but I'm going anyway.
Thanks Lip. They were fired up this morning. Caught 15-16 in under 4hrs. One in pic was biggest(3 1/2lbs). Had 1 bout 2 1/2lbs and 1 about 2lbs...the rest were 1 lbers. Couple small ones bit a Sprinker Frog,all the rest and better ones came on the always reliable GY senkos(green pumpkin and black w blue)

SteveTX

Quote from: Kawidaddy on February 24, 2018, 12:30:23 PM
Thanks Lip. They were fired up this morning. Caught 15-16 in under 4hrs. One in pic was biggest(3 1/2lbs). Had 1 bout 2 1/2lbs and 1 about 2lbs...the rest were 1 lbers. Couple small ones bit a Sprinker Frog,all the rest and better ones came on the always reliable GY senkos(green pumpkin and black w blue)

See that's what kills me. Every fish I caught over 20" is at a minimum 4 1/2lbs. Heck I'd say more likely 5lbs and up. My fish are more football shaped than lanky. It should work very well for you in IBASS having fish more on that type build. Nice catch and sounds like a great day you had.

Lipripper

Quote from: Kawidaddy on February 24, 2018, 12:30:23 PM

I always have one of them tied on also.  ;D

zippyduck

Nice Bass and that will work, I just have to flip the computer upside down.  ~roflmao

SteveTX

Quote from: zippyduck on February 24, 2018, 01:57:51 PM
Nice Bass and that will work, I just have to flip the computer upside down.  ~roflmao
So what your saying is we need to put a sticker on his phone "This side up" ?

Lipripper

Quote from: SteveTX on February 24, 2018, 03:02:29 PM
So what your saying is we need to put a sticker on his phone "This side up" ?
~roflmao  ~roflmao That would work better than turning zippys computer upside down. ;D

zippyduck

Quote from: Lipripper on February 24, 2018, 06:17:45 PM
~roflmao  ~roflmao That would work better than turning zippys computer upside down. ;D

Lip I got it figured out. I am installing a bar on the ceiling to hang upside down from. I get exercise and read posts at the same time.  ~bb

Lipripper

Quote from: zippyduck on February 24, 2018, 09:03:30 PM
Lip I got it figured out. I am installing a bar on the ceiling to hang upside down from. I get exercise and read posts at the same time.  ~bb

That would work. Just make sure to get a video of it.  lo lo

Capt. BassinLou

Glad I could help. I got the idea from another one of our FL members who came across these tape measures.

I see you are posting from Tapatalk and are using a Samsung phone. I also have a Samsung phone, if you look after you take a pic. On the upper right hand corner of the pic screen, you might see 3 vertical dots in sequence. Press on that icon, and will allow you to flip your pictures. This will help you in straightening out those pics. ;)

Capt. BassinLou

Here's an example on how to straighten out those pics  from a Samsung phone.

zippyduck

Thanks Lou,
Now what do I do with the bar I put up? No I am not into exercise other than a hard days work or a long walk into a good fishin hole.