Dobyns Rods Store under siege

Started by Mike Cork, February 13, 2018, 04:24:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike Cork

Someone snuck the flu bug into the Dobyns Rods store and it took everyone out. I just heard from Gary today and he is getting some energy back but may still take some time before he visits the forum.

Fishing is more than just a hobby

Dobyns Rods - Monster Fishing Tackle
Cork's Reel Service

Smallie_Stalker

Get better quick Dobyns Rods family. Prayers for a speedy recovery for all.
Dobyns Rods   Titan Tungsten   Abu Garcia  Berkley  Pflueger  Spiderwire

zippyduck

Get well our friend. It seems to have made it to everyone.
3rd place 2017 UB IBASS 377.75"
AOY 2018 IBASS Cool Casters  369.00"
AOY 2019 IBASS Cool Casters  362.50"

Down4ttown

Prayers for Gary and the clan!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lipripper

That dang bug is everywhere and it's bad. Will say a prayer for all the Dobyns Rod family.

Kats Rule And Bass Drool.Viet Nam Vet

D.W. Verts

Bad in MO, too. It's a conspiracy (just like this winter's weather).
Old School Bass Fishin' with D.W. Verts on YOUTUBE!
Solar Bat Sunglasses Pro Staff

SFL BassHunter

PB: 6lbs 5oz / 24.25 inches.
Rods/Reels Dobyns, 13 Fishing, Cabelas Arachnid, Daiwa Tatula CT, Tatula SVTW, Tatula Tactical, Tatula Type R
Florida Bass Fishing

zippyduck

This scared me for a second but checked on my rod and it was shipped yesterday. Hope the bug doesn't come with it. If it does do I owe them more for it?

fishandkamp

I had to rush to my foot doctors today.  Woke up today and the foot that I had surgery on several weeks ago is infected. The doctor said he had to decide between immediately admitting me to the hospital or sending me home on super strong antibiotics.  He said part of his decision making was influenced by the amount of sick people with the flue currently in the hospitals. He said they guessed very wrong on the vaccine and there are 4 mutated versions of the flue bug this year. I would certainly get sick with the flue if he sent me there.  Apparently  the most dangerous place to go to get well is a hospital! Wow!

Get well Gary and family.

Kris

Get well Dobyns Family, prayers on the way.
Reservoir fishing in MD, Vietnam Vet, Retired
Ouachita 16' Model B, Minn Kota, Lowrance, Raymarine
Moderator - Maryland Fishing Reports and Chat

Gary Dobyns

Thanks guys. This is horrible flu/pneumonia bug. Everyone was getting it at the shop but I'm the tough guy that never gets sick. Then I'm knocked on my a$$ like a whimpering baby. I won't say I wouldn't wish this sh** on anyone because I do have a short list :)

I'm not back at the shop yet and neither is Miranda (my daughter) but some of the walking wounded are making it back.

I'll tell you guys this, we have some really special employees that have carried the shop for the last week. They've worked extra hours and handled everything. I take good care of them but they also take good care of Dobyns Rods too!!! All but two are making the move to Texas which is a huge plus.

Thanks for the well wishes.

DonM

Quote from: fishandkamp on February 13, 2018, 09:29:54 PM
I had to rush to my foot doctors today.  Woke up today and the foot that I had surgery on several weeks ago is infected. The doctor said he had to decide between immediately admitting me to the hospital or sending me home on super strong antibiotics.  He said part of his decision making was influenced by the amount of sick people with the flue currently in the hospitals. He said they guessed very wrong on the vaccine and there are 4 mutated versions of the flue bug this year. I would certainly get sick with the flue if he sent me there.  Apparently  the most dangerous place to go to get well is a hospital! Wow!

Get well Gary and family.

I had a similar occurrence.  Had a defibrillator/pacemaker implant and the incision got infected.  They put me back in the hospital for a week to get IV antibiotics.  There were only four cases of flu on the floor where they put me, but that is four too many.  Somehow I dodged getting it though.  Home now and on oral antibiotics and hoping for the best!
I hope the Dobyns crew gets well soon!
DonM

zippyduck

Quote from: Gary Dobyns on February 14, 2018, 12:28:22 PM

I'll tell you guys this, we have some really special employees that have carried the shop for the last week. They've worked extra hours and handled everything. I take good care of them but they also take good care of Dobyns Rods too!!! All but two are making the move to Texas which is a huge plus.

Thanks for the well wishes.

This says a lot about you and how you run your company.  ~c~
Hard to find employees that are that loyal unless you treat them well.