Poor Fishing or No Fishing

Started by Bud Kennedy, February 14, 2018, 10:20:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bud Kennedy

Lipripper

Good ready Bud and I would also take poor fishing over no fishing.

Kats Rule And Bass Drool.Viet Nam Vet

Princeton_Man

Like everyone else, I love catchin' and prefer to fish waters where there's a lot of catchin'. I'll take a day of poor fishing over no fishing any day.  ;D
Stratos 285 XL Pro 150 Evinrude ETEC

Dobyns Rods - LSCR Club

coldbasser

~cf a day of fishing over not fishing anytime anywhere anyhow
~sun
In God we trust, but evil occurred when good men do nothing

Smallie_Stalker

Looks like it's unanimous so far Bud. I will take a day of poor fishing over no fishing without giving it a second thought. 
Dobyns Rods   Titan Tungsten   Abu Garcia  Berkley  Pflueger  Spiderwire

Mike Cork

Yep I'm with you Bud, being a budget angler as well I am however very fortunate to be smack dab in the middle of a lot of great fishing. In your situation, I would learn as much as I could and make the river a challenge and each bass caught a triumph. There is a key to that place, keep digging and you'll find it. Keep posting about it and let us try and help unlock it, I love it when you do.

Fishing is more than just a hobby

Dobyns Rods - Monster Fishing Tackle
Cork's Reel Service

Bud Kennedy

the only thing that has worked just a bit has been soft plastics.  I don't like fishing them but you gotta do what you gotta do.  After DNR defoliated the place last year it went to hell in a hand basket.  We are ready for some serious hunting soon.  I know a very nice stump field that I have not explored as yet but you can bet I am gonna hit it.  Hopefully the grass will also return.  A few of the bass clubs have posted some decent bags last year so I know they are there I just have to unlock the puzzle.  It does not help my mental state after spending so many years at Santee.  I guess I was truly spoiled.

Mike Cork

Only been to Santee a couple times and it will definitely spoil an angler. I loved the Cooper River too, some of the best punching I've run across away from home.

Fishing is more than just a hobby

Dobyns Rods - Monster Fishing Tackle
Cork's Reel Service

zippyduck

Any fishing would be great about now.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

3rd place 2017 UB IBASS 377.75"
AOY 2018 IBASS Cool Casters  369.00"
AOY 2019 IBASS Cool Casters  362.50"

Justin62882

Quote from: zippyduck on February 14, 2018, 04:02:59 PM

i hear ya lol I'm about to fill up the bathtub and toss a Line In just to get  rid of the "shakes"
Fishing Is not an escape  from life, but often a deeper immersion into it.

Lipripper

Quote from: Justin62882 on February 14, 2018, 04:51:57 PM
i hear ya lol I'm about to fill up the bathtub and toss a Line In just to get  rid of the "shakes"
Quote from: zippyduck on February 14, 2018, 04:02:59 PM

I'm thinking about hitting my buddy that works down at BPS up to see if he can get me in after they close to fish in their tanks.  lo

Kats Rule And Bass Drool.Viet Nam Vet

Oldfart9999

Bud, sounds like everybody is with you on this. The tough part for me is I am spoiled, I'm surrounded by great fishing but there are days I go just to be on the water and relax!!!
Rodney
Old Fishermen never die, their rods just go limp.

TheLastRodBender

Quote from: Justin62882 on February 14, 2018, 04:51:57 PM

I related to this way too much.. and considered if it was possible for a second.