Flat Tire

Started by Bud Kennedy, February 14, 2018, 10:52:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bud Kennedy

The trailer must know it is headed for the junk pile.  Went to pick up the boat today and was greeted with another flat tire on the trailer.  I'll go back this afternoon and put on the spare but I am not happy about it but you just have to suck it up.  Can't wait for the new trailer to get here.  I just visited the boat last Saturday and the tire was fine.  OH Well.

Lipripper

Bud it must know something is up. lo lo It's going to fight you and hope you don't have a lot of trouble with the breaks .

Kats Rule And Bass Drool.Viet Nam Vet

Princeton_Man

Is sommeone messing with you and letting the air out?  ~shade
Stratos 285 XL Pro 150 Evinrude ETEC

Dobyns Rods - LSCR Club

Bud Kennedy

Quote from: Princeton_Man on February 14, 2018, 11:03:47 AM
Is sommeone messing with you and letting the air out?  ~shade

Jim, I gotta tell you I am suspicious.  This is the Third time for a flat tire and nothing has ever been found in the tire and the tire shop usually replaces the valve stem and all is ok.  But......This is certainly strange and by the way is damn inconvenient.  Getting ready in a few minutes to go over and change the tire so I can get the boat home.

Princeton_Man

I believe I'd take a compressor or an air tank along and pump it up rather than change it.

Dobyns Rods - LSCR Club

Donald Garner

Quote from: Princeton_Man on February 14, 2018, 12:27:29 PM
I believe I'd take a compressor or an air tank along and pump it up rather than change it.

X2
Belton Texas part of God's Country
Stratos 285 Pro XL Yamaha 150 VMax; Lowrance Hook 7 Electronics; Minn Kota Foretrex Trolling Motor

G3 1548 Alwed Jon boat Yamaha 25hp outboard 

Bud Kennedy

I did take a compressor with me but did not need it.  It turns out it was a belt failure.  Got steel popping through the tred itself.  Changed the tire and put on the spare but I'll be damned if I am gonna buy another tire since the new trailer will be here in 2 weeks.  The failed tire is very much beyond repair.  I will take a picture later and post it.

Princeton_Man

Wow! If that taire has a warranty, I'd use it regardless of you keeping the trailer.

Dobyns Rods - LSCR Club

Lipripper

Bud glad you wasn't going down the road when that happened. ~sweat

Bud Kennedy

Quote from: Princeton_Man on February 14, 2018, 04:48:58 PM
Wow! If that taire has a warranty, I'd use it regardless of you keeping the trailer.

this tire was about 4 years old so no more warranty. 

Bud Kennedy

Quote from: Lipripper on February 14, 2018, 04:50:43 PM
Bud glad you wasn't going down the road when that happened. ~sweat

Yeah me too.  If you recall I though I was having a brake dragging because it felt like a tire was out of round on each turn of the wheel.  Most likely it was this tire as it had a huge bulge on the tred area.  After I changed the tire and bought the boat home I no longer felt the problem so I guess it was the tire all along.

Lipripper

Quote from: Bud Kennedy on February 14, 2018, 05:00:35 PM
Yeah me too.  If you recall I though I was having a brake dragging because it felt like a tire was out of round on each turn of the wheel.  Most likely it was this tire as it had a huge bulge on the tred area.  After I changed the tire and bought the boat home I no longer felt the problem so I guess it was the tire all along.
Yep I knew you mentioned you thought it had a break problem and sounds like that tire might have been the problem all along. ~c~ ~c~

Donald Garner

That sux about the tire but at least you know it wasn't the brakes having an issue.  Tks for the update.
Belton Texas part of God's Country
Stratos 285 Pro XL Yamaha 150 VMax; Lowrance Hook 7 Electronics; Minn Kota Foretrex Trolling Motor

G3 1548 Alwed Jon boat Yamaha 25hp outboard 

Oldfart9999

Geez, Bud I agree glad it didn't happen on the road!!! It's easier to change a tire than work on your brakes, it saves you some grief, you would have probably had to pull the tire anyway.
Rodney
Old Fishermen never die, their rods just go limp.