New Top of the Line Dobyns Rod

Started by Mike Cork, February 14, 2018, 02:41:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Oldfart9999

Ok, alright, I don't own one because I've not seen any here for sale and I buy what I can pick up and handle. If this is the only way I can do it I'll vote even though I don't know what I'm voting for. lo lo ~goof
723c
724c
753c
Rodney
Old Fishermen never die, their rods just go limp.

Justin62882

724,754,755 would be my choices that would fit my needs. However, I probably wouldn't spend this much on a rod even though most people say they are worth it.
Fishing Is not an escape  from life, but often a deeper immersion into it.

SteveTX

Quote from: Oldfart9999 on February 28, 2018, 05:50:42 AM
Ok, alright, I don't own one because I've not seen any here for sale and I buy what I can pick up and handle. If this is the only way I can do it I'll vote even though I don't know what I'm voting for. lo lo ~goof
723c
724c
753c
Rodney
This is just a poll of what you would like to have made in Garys new rod line up. These rods are not out for sale. Gary has allowed us to put our opinion in on the lengths and powers we would each like most for him to have built on this new up and coming line of rods.  ;)

BassCatBates

Voted.  they are all pretty sweet looking.  I have no problem spending a little $$ on a good rod!
2009 MediaBass South Arkansas Division Angler of the Year.

Union County Bass Club.

Mike Cork

UPDATE: Just to keep things up to date. The rods listed in this poll will be in production.

These rods will be made with the best possible materials, they will be the lightest and most sensitive rods Gary can build. Because of this they won't be cheap.  :'(

Everyone please keep voting, Gary still wants to know of these models which would be our top three choices. This data not only helps with this but future models. Gary will build what the anglers want  :-*

I like fast action rods so I will always like the 4 and 5 powers. Not a spinning rod guy, you guys that are please speak up about the powers you like :-*

Fishing is more than just a hobby

Dobyns Rods - Monster Fishing Tackle
Cork's Reel Service

cburge

spencerinstl

Looking forward to seeing the new Dobyns High End rods.  So far I have a 704 cb glass, 705cbmf glass,
734c champion, 735c champion, DX 703c, DX 704C, DX 745C, and a DX 795 Flip.  Not sure which one I want, might upgrade one of mine, will have to wait for the reviews.

TX BankAngler

05kas05

i love the ones i have now and will add more in the future so i voted for these 3

753c
754c
723sf

Mike Cork

Keep the votes coming guys. I know there are a ton of you out there but we've only had a small percentage vote.

Guess I need to pick a day and put a deadline on this one :surrender:

Fishing is more than just a hobby

Dobyns Rods - Monster Fishing Tackle
Cork's Reel Service

Lipripper

Quote from: Mike Cork on March 05, 2018, 08:11:45 AM
Keep the votes coming guys. I know there are a ton of you out there but we've only had a small percentage vote.

Guess I need to pick a day and put a deadline on this one :surrender:
Mike that might spark a lot of members who haven't voted yet to vote. If they is a deadline then those who have been taking their time will jump in so they will have a chance to win the rod.

Kats Rule And Bass Drool.Viet Nam Vet

Smallie_Stalker

You know, I had forgotten all about the chance to win a Dobyns Sierra rod here. It would be nice to add a Sierra to my Fury.

Guys and gals this is an opportunity to help Gary out and maybe win an incredible rod for just a couple minutes of your time. But you can't win if you don't vote.  :-*
Dobyns Rods   Titan Tungsten   Abu Garcia  Berkley  Pflueger  Spiderwire

socal399

My vote!!!!!

723c
724c
723sf

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Defined by what you love to do not by what you have in life

Bassin_VA

My votes
1. 724c
2. 723c
3. 723sf

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

hubcap91

My picks.
723SF
754C
755C

I probably wouldn't buy a high end rod but you never know.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

BassHOGS

723c
724c
723sf

These are what I would like and would fit right in my wheel house!!  Love fishing some frogs and skipping Senkos under a dock!!
Chad Everett Vicious Tournament Team
Team Ardent Pro Staff
Enigma Fishing Pro Staff WOO! Tungsten Pro Staff

ebbc

My votes.

753c
754c
755c

Thanks Mike And Gary.

Bretts_daddy

I would vote as follows...

753C
754C
755C

I like the 754C as an all-purpose type of rod, you know...the if I don't have much time and could only bring 1 rod type. That rod gives the most versatility IMO.

The 753C would be for lighter tackle.

The 755C would be for bigger tackle and jigs.

I'm crossing my fingers on this rod giveaway, I've never won something this big and it would be an honor to fish with it!!!
The only stupid question is the one you don't ask!

No matter how much we know about fishing there is always more to learn!

baileyjs

723c
724c
723sf

I can hope and pray ;)
I currently have one Dobyns Fury rod....however I'm not sure I could justify a top end rod right now

Kawidaddy

Dobyns rods will be in my future. I don't mind spending a little coin to get quality gear backed by great customer service.(from what I hear,its some of the best)
723c
724c
755c
would be my picks at this time. 722sf would be in the mix also.

Gary Dobyns

THANK YOU!!!!  Guys I've really got a feel for this. I know LA, TX, AL, GA and neighboring States will be strong casting rod areas. I was most concerned about 7'2" models. These scare me the most but the guys here like this length and my other feedback is good on 7'2" models. I'm absolutely in love with the 7'5" models. They're so light and balanced they just don't feel like a long rod. So now I feel better about the 7'2" lengths. Everyone here at our warehouse loves the 7'5" models so this is what we'll promote the most as we'll be using these. But lots of guys like 7'2" and this makes them a winner. I would hate building a Series with 4-5 rods. This has never been our style or strong point. Fishermen want and need options.

THANKS TO ALL!!! It's great to have a place to quickly get advice/thoughts when I need to make a decision I'm on the fence about!!!!

dmccoyks

I usually like to stay in the medium range when purchasing my rods and it's hard for me to justify spending the money on the higher end rods. I can only use Spinning Rods so my votes are for following:

702SF
703SF
704SF

Thank you!

Oldfart9999

Quote from: SteveTX on February 28, 2018, 08:11:50 AM
This is just a poll of what you would like to have made in Garys new rod line up. These rods are not out for sale. Gary has allowed us to put our opinion in on the lengths and powers we would each like most for him to have built on this new up and coming line of rods.  ;)

My point was I don't buy rods that I can't pickup and checkout, Dobyns aren't sold in this area so I can't see any of them so how can I make an intelligent vote. I didn't expect Gary to give me any, he's in business to make money but never have even seen one so I have no idea what model is what.
Rodney
Old Fishermen never die, their rods just go limp.

dynatos

My vote
723c
724c
723sf   
Would prefer the 7'2".

bobsquatch13

My choices:  755c as use/have very few casting rods and this one should have the power I need.
                   752SF and 753SF for fishing spinning rods in the lakes. Well over 90 % of my fishing is done         
                                             on Calif. Delta tidal waters and prefer rods with at least 4 to 5 power
                                             including spinning but since not available picked these 2 for lake use.