New Top of the Line Dobyns Rod

Started by Mike Cork, February 14, 2018, 02:41:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chip Harm

I picked the 753c for senko applications and the 754 for all around multi purpowe.  The 755c would be my choice for a jig.  I like the longer rods for the casting and controlling fish.  I statyed out with mostly 7 footers but have gone to the longer rods.  I love my 744 for flipping and pitching.
Chip

www.elitetungsten.com

Dteebone0427

gsxrfanim

722sf for drop shot, shakey head

724c - Good all around rod for many applications

755c - Jigs, Beaver baits, pitching to lighter cover in North east Ohio

I love my Dobyns rods

Forgot to note that I would love a high end rod but the prices scare me aware.
I have been wanting a good Champion HP spinning rod for drop shotting and finesse baits. Just havent pulled the trigger.
"The only thing we have to fear, is losing a $15 Crank"

fishballer06

If there were a 722c option, I'd vote for it.
3rd place 2019 iBass - Cool Casters
2nd place 2019 iBass - Team Tournament

basss

I voted for the ...

722SF- hey, I do use spinner rods quite a bit for lighter lures.
723 and 724, I use the 3 and 4 power rods most.
1995 Gheenoe Highsider
2018 12' Bote HD Paddleboard

mygreenihc

Wow,  there is a lot of posts to this thread.

My choices would be:
754c
755c
753sf

I would be interested in the higher end rods.  The difference between the champions and extremes is dramatic in some cases,  so based upon that,  I cannot imagine how nice the new line will be. 

Brad

Down4ttown

this may have been discussed, but will there be a hint or teaser at the Classic or are we thinking more Icast?

Mike Cork

Alright let's run this for two more weeks. On the 27th of March we'll draw a winner  :-*

Thank you everyone that has answered the poll so far, your input is very important to myself and Gary ~c~

Fishing is more than just a hobby

Dobyns Rods - Monster Fishing Tackle
Cork's Reel Service

spencerinstl

I voted for the 723C 724C and 723sf.  723 and 724 for t-rigs and lighter jigs and the 723sf for shakey heads maybe tubes.

cbburke

For bottom Contacts:

724c
754c
755c
"The education of a man is never completed until he dies..."

ranger175a

GoBlue

753c, 754c, 755c

I remember many moons ago when Gary's designs at Powell started the 7 foot 3 trend- then his 2nd gen Dobyns champ extremes made 7 foot 4s popular.  So I'm Thinking these new lighter proprietary blanks will make the the transition to 7 foot 5s pretty easy. Yeah, pretty excited.

Smallerhunter

I'm primarily a smallmouth fisherman and with these 3 rods it would take care of most of my fishing. 722sf for drop shot, hair jigs, small swimbaits, ned. 723sf shakey head, weightless t-rig, wacky rig, tubes, small topwater.  724c spinnerbaits, chatterbaits, top water, jigs, and t-rigs.

Mike Cork

Thanks everyone, lots of great feedback. Still have a few days to get you thoughts and choices listed before we draw for the rod. If you haven't already, don't forget to vote.

Cork's Reel Service

smithy97

I went with 723c, 754c, 755c. I think that covers pretty much every bait from a weightless wacky senko up to 3/4 oz jigs. I'd love any one of these, or all 3! 

EmilyRena

755c
723sf
724c

Rarely buy high end rods. Comfortable price point max 150.

Sent from my LG-M430 using Tapatalk

buddyh

My picks:
754c
755c
724c

Dont really buy higher end rods. I like to stay around $140

dinsmore8438

Mine would have to be:

755c
754c
724c

I looked at the 765c in the DX series for a couple years before I decided I could justify yet one more Dobyns rod. Imagine my surprise when I got on their website to place my order and it was no longer there. I remember thinking that rod has to be one of their biggest sellers in the Extreme series, so maybe they are just out of stock currently due to, my assumed, high volume of this rods sales. After all, everybody has a 7'6" heavy action flippin stick in their lineup right?

I remember calling and Richard answered the phone. I inquired about why one of their best selling models in the DX series wasn't listed on their website. He very kindly explained that it wasn't there any longer because it was one of their worst sellers in the series and they dropped that particular model...

Two lessons here...1. I now know for sure that I know absolutely nothing about the rod industry! 2. When there's a Dobyns rod that you really want, don't wait two years to buy it like I did...haha

Since my heart has a big hole in it now because I never got my DX 765c, I'm sure the 755c in the new series will adequately fill the void and I will then be able to carry on with the rest of my life. In fact, just to be 100% sure that the 755c is just as good I'm sure I will need a 754c too just to be sure!

Regardless if it's a few of the new series rods or just a freebie Sierra Series rod, I can probably make room in one of my rod lockers for more of the greatest rods on earth! 
You can't practice attitude...

hughesjasonk

On my voting I picked the 3 that would give me the most versatility for drop shot to weed busting.

RKent

Mike Cork

First thank you everyone for taking the time to participate and let us know what you think. Everyday anglers opinions shape the market, whether you know it or not, you answer surveys all the time with your purchases. Gary was just more direct and asked straight up ~c~ Thank you UB for showing Gary that what you like  ~c~ ~c~

The poll says that 81 people voted but after counting twice I only found just over 60 folks that followed the rules and posted they're vote along with voting. Of those that voted and posted, our winner is

CAPTSTEVE

Congratulations to CaptSteve You're post number came up,

send me your mailing address and I'll get things set up to get your Sierra Rod sent your way.  :-*

Cork's Reel Service

cbburke

"The education of a man is never completed until he dies..."

Blacknredflake

Congrats Capt!!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

BITE THE DAMN WORM!

Smallie_Stalker

Dobyns Rods   Titan Tungsten   Abu Garcia  Berkley  Pflueger  Spiderwire

Princeton_Man