2018 Small Boat Braggin' Board

Started by TheLastRodBender, February 16, 2018, 08:02:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ItsJason

Water is soft again! Though, still in the 30s. But felt good to get out and paddle and cast again. Nothing to brag about but was a nice day spent outside.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

Lipripper

Glad you were able to ge tout and after hard water I know even that dink was fun to catch. I'm going tpo try and get out one day next week for my first time.

Kats Rule And Bass Drool.Viet Nam Vet

PECo

I paddled three hours, yesterday. The air temperature was in the mid-30s and there was a steady 10 mile per hour wind, so I had to abandon my plan to throw a jerkbait from my sit-inside kayak and just threw a white, two-inch curlytail grub on a 1/8 ounce ball jighead. I got only one bite and it was a contradiction:

That's a winter fallfish. They're a type of giant minnow. Around here, master baiters use them to catch northern pike.

Lipripper

Thanks for the report and you do look a little cold out there. That does look like a good muski bait also.

PECo

Quote from: Lipripper on March 11, 2018, 10:09:00 AM
Thanks for the report and you do look a little cold out there.
Yes, I was cold! I was ice fishing from my kayak!

It was warmer, today; probably 43 degrees. The only bass I boated came up like a wad of wet paper towels:

SteelHorseCowboy

Master what-ers? Haha!
Y'all don't dare tell me I'm the only one who laughed at that.

Man, I know a bit about fishing cold! Not near as much as the northerners, but I've had to pack it in twice this winter because my gear was icing up.

Lipripper

Thanks for the  ;PHO) and can see that layer of ice out there in your first picture. That brings back memories when we use to get out and break ice with Johns old tin boat. Your a brave man to get out there in the cold and bust up ice on a yak.  ~sweat

ItsJason

Quote from: Lipripper on March 10, 2018, 01:00:01 PM
Glad you were able to ge tout and after hard water I know even that dink was fun to catch. I'm going tpo try and get out one day next week for my first time.
Thanks, was fun while it lasted! Supposed To Start Snowing tonight and not stop till next week.

Sent from my SM-T237P using Tapatalk

SteelHorseCowboy

Okay, I gotsa a question!

I'm gonna participate in the IBass.
So, assuming I acquire or build another small boat, can I use the same fish in IBass AND the small boat braggin board competition?

Capt. BassinLou

Quote from: SteelHorseCowboy on March 28, 2018, 10:41:10 AM

So, assuming I acquire or build another small boat, can I use the same fish in IBass AND the small boat braggin board competition?

I don't see why not, but LastRodBender should be around shortly and answer that question soon.

TheLastRodBender

Quote from: SteelHorseCowboy on March 28, 2018, 10:41:10 AM

ABSO-FREAKIN-LUTELY!

Think of this thread as the cork board you see at the local bait shop... the 'competition' is just the fun little crap we talk to eachother over a cup of coffee in the morning. 

SteelHorseCowboy

BrandonK

Oooo I like this. I'll be taking part in all of these competitions.

Nothing giant this year yet. Well, not from the kayak at least. Best ones from the kayak this year have all been between 17"-18". One of em was 3.03 lbs but I don't know which lol

BONUS FISHYS: Couple mid 6s from last year. One in the old kayak. One in a rented jon boat.

Lipripper

Brandon them were some nice fish and hope you can catch some more nice ones this year from your yak.

BrandonK

TheLastRodBender

BrandonK, I moved your post with your rig pictures over to the Show Off Your Rig thread. 

BrandonK

Quote from: TheLastRodBender on May 10, 2018, 09:56:25 AM
BrandonK, I moved your post with your rig pictures over to the Show Off Your Rig thread.
I was going back and forth between which of those 2 to post in. Thank you

TheLastRodBender

not a problem bud!!  thanks for posting!

basss

Found this thread a bit late, but here's a 3lber. I caught in my gheenoe.  Biggest fish I've caught in the Gheenoe that I have a pic of.

I caught it in a local pond.
1995 Gheenoe Highsider
2018 12' Bote HD Paddleboard

Lipripper

Quote from: basss on August 30, 2018, 09:25:37 AM
Found this thread a bit late, but here's a 3lber. I caught in my gheenoe.  Biggest fish I've caught in the Gheenoe that I have a pic of.

That's a nice looking fish.

Capt. BassinLou

Quote from: basss on August 30, 2018, 09:25:37 AM

That's a chunk right there. Nice!!

basss

Quote from: Bassinlou on August 30, 2018, 12:48:12 PM
That's a chunk right there. Nice!!

... like the guy who caught him ... that thing had a belly on it.
1995 Gheenoe Highsider

Lipripper

Quote from: basss on August 30, 2018, 03:34:11 PM
... like the guy who caught him ... that thing had a belly on it.
So you saying you got a big belly  ;D

basss

1995 Gheenoe Highsider

BrandonK

Man look how clear that water is. Awesome.

Forgot about this thread but here's my PB from a week and a half ago. Caught in kayak and paddled over to shore so someone could take a pic