Ultimate Bass ULTIMATE BASS | BASS FISHING CLASSIFIED ADS | CONTACT US    

Bass Fishing information about bass boats, tackle, fishing rods, baitcasters and other reels all about bass fishing.
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Thank you! Sorry about the wait...

Page Down
FREE TACKLE EVERY WEEK

Bass Anglers Magazine - The Best bass fishing magazine on the rack! Subscribe Today and Catch More Bass

NuTech Lures

Doc Irv Custom Baits

Life Vantage

Get Bit Outdoors

X Zone Lures

Bass Anglers Magazine - The Best bass fishing magazine on the rack! Subscribe Today and Catch More Bass

Bass Boats For Sale Free Classified Ads

Laurie Cork
Ph. (318)347-7380
You can Email Me Here

Mike Cork
Ph. (318)560-9827

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: H2O XPESS(Motive) reels by Academy Sports  (Read 426 times)

JDflats

• UB Member
  • Baby Bass
H2O XPESS(Motive) reels by Academy Sports
« on: February 17, 2018, 02:14:47 PM »

Just wondering if anyone on here has tried any of the H2O XPRESS reels from Academy Sports?  Ive seen a few reviews on the Mettle but only one or two on the Motive. I picked up a couple Motives for $25 each. Im not planning on using them as go to reels but Im curious if anyone has tried them or uses them. Most of my reels are BPS Pro Qualifiers and Lews. For $25 I just figured what the heck. Thanks for any info.

Mike Cork

• Father Time
  • Admin
  • Get the Net it's a Hawg
    • Ultimate Bass
Re: H2O XPESS(Motive) reels by Academy Sports
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2018, 02:07:34 PM »

I haven't heard anything bad about them. I know my local Academy sells a ton of them and me being a reel repair guy in the local area I haven't seen the first one in for repair ~c~ So they either last or if there is trouble Academy is great about customer service.  :-*
Fishing is more than just a hobby

Dobyns Rods - Monster Fishing Tackle
Cork's Reel Service

JDflats

• UB Member
  • Baby Bass
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2018, 02:35:24 PM »

I just found out the Motive casts good and is smooth cranking. It does have an aluminum frame so that can be a plus.

Ddyyak

• Smallmouth
  • Baby Bass
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2018, 04:18:15 PM »

Academy's return policy on H2O product is very customer friendly. I've never fished with one but have heard good things for the price.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MBB Nate

• Smallmouth
  • Baby Bass
« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2018, 08:39:13 PM »

I have 2 that I got last year on sale for $25.  I threw them all last year and did 0 maintenance and they are still holding up fantastic.

Fun4me

• Smallmouth
  • Baby Bass
« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2018, 08:48:24 PM »

I had a motive. It wasn't the smoothest reel but it worked for me. I had to return it because it wouldn't engage the reel after casting very well after a couple months. They took it back and refunded my money, no questions asked. 

SteelHorseCowboy

• Ultimate Basser
  • Baby Bass
« Reply #6 on: February 23, 2018, 02:16:53 PM »

I haven't heard anything bad about them. I know my local Academy sells a ton of them and me being a reel repair guy in the local area I haven't seen the first one in for repair ~c~ So they either last or if there is trouble Academy is great about customer service.  :-*

Academy's return policy on H2O product is very customer friendly. I've never fished with one but have heard good things for the price.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I met a fella at the lake once who was telling me a friend of his had recently switched to using nothing but H2O reels. He even went so far as to posting ads in search of broken ones for cheap or free. He said the reason why is because H2O has a "no questions asked" warranty. I haven't verified that, but if it's true, it may be why reel repair guys don't see many of them and Academy is so friendly about returns.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Monster Fishing Tactle is the best place to buy your tackle needs Check them out online

When Bass Fishing Is More than Just a Hobby - Dobyns Rods

QUICK LINKS
UB Home
Main Forum
Welcome
Dock Talk
Techniques
Rods and Reels
Tackle Box
Catch of the Day
UB Contests
Tips and Ideas
Sponsor Connection
Fishing Reports
Charter Members Only
Bass Fishing Classified Ads
Boats 4 Sale

BECOME A
CHARTER MEMBER
SUPPORT UB

Find out about the contests before everyone else and know about the latest news first

Page Up

Page created in 0.059 seconds with 23 queries.