H2O XPESS(Motive) reels by Academy Sports

Started by JDflats, February 17, 2018, 02:14:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JDflats

Just wondering if anyone on here has tried any of the H2O XPRESS reels from Academy Sports?  I've seen a few reviews on the Mettle but only one or two on the Motive. I picked up a couple Motives for $25 each. I'm not planning on using them as "go to" reels but I'm curious if anyone has tried them or uses them. Most of my reels are BPS Pro Qualifiers and Lew's. For $25 I just figured what the heck. Thanks for any info.

Mike Cork

I haven't heard anything bad about them. I know my local Academy sells a ton of them and me being a reel repair guy in the local area I haven't seen the first one in for repair ~c~ So they either last or if there is trouble Academy is great about customer service.  :-*

Fishing is more than just a hobby

Dobyns Rods - Monster Fishing Tackle
Cork's Reel Service

JDflats

I just found out the Motive casts good and is smooth cranking. It does have an aluminum frame so that can be a plus.

Ddyyak

Academy's return policy on H2O product is very customer friendly. I've never fished with one but have heard good things for the price.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MBB Nate

I have 2 that I got last year on sale for $25.  I threw them all last year and did 0 maintenance and they are still holding up fantastic.

Fun4me

I had a motive. It wasn't the smoothest reel but it worked for me. I had to return it because it wouldn't engage the reel after casting very well after a couple months. They took it back and refunded my money, no questions asked. 

SteelHorseCowboy

Quote from: Mike Cork on February 18, 2018, 02:07:34 PM
I haven't heard anything bad about them. I know my local Academy sells a ton of them and me being a reel repair guy in the local area I haven't seen the first one in for repair ~c~ So they either last or if there is trouble Academy is great about customer service.  :-*

Quote from: Ddyyak on February 18, 2018, 04:18:15 PM
Academy's return policy on H2O product is very customer friendly. I've never fished with one but have heard good things for the price.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I met a fella at the lake once who was telling me a friend of his had recently switched to using nothing but H2O reels. He even went so far as to posting ads in search of broken ones for cheap or free. He said the reason why is because H2O has a "no questions asked" warranty. I haven't verified that, but if it's true, it may be why reel repair guys don't see many of them and Academy is so friendly about returns.