Anybody ever tried a Fury prop on an Evinrude?

Started by reitzells, February 19, 2018, 11:12:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

reitzells

Looking to get away from the Raker props as I bump a stump almost everytime I go fishing in some form or another and have to get it reworked for $100 everytime.  ~b~ I read rangermans experience with the 4 blade fury and was wondering if anybody else has experience with the fury on a evinrude? Thanks in advance.
SHAKY HEAD SHAKY HEAD EYE'S LIKE A FROG DIVE DOWN DEEP AND PULL ME OUT A HOG!

Princeton_Man

Never tried one although a few folks suggested it when I was on a search for my perfect prop. Are you looking at the X7 Alloy Fury because they claim 30% more durable?

It may be a harder stainless, but if the shock of hitting a stump isn't absorbed by a prop's blade, it will end up being absorbed by the gearbox.
Stratos 285 XL Pro 150 Evinrude ETEC

Dobyns Rods - LSCR Club

Oldfart9999

I agree with Jim on that. You might want to find softer stumps or avoid them, that's just too expsensive every trip.
Rodney
Old Fishermen never die, their rods just go limp.

buffman1

Quote from: reitzells on February 19, 2018, 11:12:20 AM
Looking to get away from the Raker props as I bump a stump almost everytime I go fishing in some form or another and have to get it reworked for $100 everytime.  ~b~ I read rangermans experience with the 4 blade fury and was wondering if anybody else has experience with the fury on a evinrude? Thanks in advance.
I have a 25" Fury on my Evinrude 225... Runs out great! Not quite as  fast as a Raker but not expected to be since it's a four blade. I run a 26" Raker when I want the extra speed. The fury is great with a full load.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

reitzells

Thanks guys! I am working with the dealer to see if I can run one first. I will let you know how it performs.

I agree with you as I do like that I haven't had to replace the lower unit due to prop taking the blunt of the force. Trust me I wish I could never hit a stump again but I fish.... Red river, Toledo Bend, Sam Rayburn, and some other local lakes that are just infested with stumps. And sometimes if you want to catch you gotta go!!
SHAKY HEAD SHAKY HEAD EYE'S LIKE A FROG DIVE DOWN DEEP AND PULL ME OUT A HOG!

merc1997

Quote from: reitzells on February 21, 2018, 08:14:00 AM
Thanks guys! I am working with the dealer to see if I can run one first. I will let you know how it performs.

I agree with you as I do like that I haven't had to replace the lower unit due to prop taking the blunt of the force. Trust me I wish I could never hit a stump again but I fish.... Red river, Toledo Bend, Sam Rayburn, and some other local lakes that are just infested with stumps. And sometimes if you want to catch you gotta go!!
there is such a thing called safety such as staying in boat lanes and idling when not ~roflmao.

bo
On Heaven's Lake

D.W. Verts

And you're gonna pay the price with a shelled lower until someday!
Old School Bass Fishin', My Hickbilly Life, and Hickbilly Outdoors with D.W. Verts on YOUTUBE!
Solar Bat Sunglasses Pro Staff