The absolute best Pre-Spawn Bait in the South!

Started by Lee Smith, February 21, 2018, 01:37:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lee Smith

The water is 60 to 70 degrees, muddy from the rains, the big girls are moving up and eating, how do you catch them?  Crazy Blitz by NuTech!  That's how.  For a couple of years now the Crazy Blitz in Black/Blue has turned into my main bait for dirty pre-spawn waters!  It just flat out catches those hungry ladies and it will bring them out from their shallow haunts.

If you haven't tried them, do, you will be very surprised and happy!  They are Bass Magnets!! 

The cool thing is, with a little work and practice you will be able to drag this bladed jig through anything without getting caught up!  It takes practice, but as I did you will learn.  Got questions, let me know or ask the guru himself Bo!   
Builder of Custom Personal Bassin' Rods

Lipripper

Lee I know it's eating you up to not be able to get out there and be tossing your Crazy Blitz in Black/Blue Jigs trying to catch some of them big girls right about now.  :'( How much longer before the Doctors turn you loose?

Kats Rule And Bass Drool.Viet Nam Vet

Donald Garner

Tks for sharing the tip.  Hope you're able to get out soon.
Belton Texas part of God's Country
Stratos 285 Pro XL Yamaha 150 VMax; Lowrance Hook 7 Electronics; Minn Kota Foretrex Trolling Motor

G3 1548 Alwed Jon boat Yamaha 25hp outboard 

zippyduck

Lee,
Oh this is no secret after your last years reports on tournament after tournament and only one bait mentioned. It has not left my mind and will be put into action soon.
Bo knows how to build em to get through everything. And yes even I can get them through the brush piles.
3rd place 2017 UB IBASS 377.75"
AOY 2018 IBASS Cool Casters  369.00"
AOY 2019 IBASS Cool Casters  362.50"

merc1997

Quote from: Lee Smith on February 21, 2018, 01:37:33 PM
The water is 60 to 70 degrees, muddy from the rains, the big girls are moving up and eating, how do you catch them?  Crazy Blitz by NuTech!  That's how.  For a couple of years now the Crazy Blitz in Black/Blue has turned into my main bait for dirty pre-spawn waters!  It just flat out catches those hungry ladies and it will bring them out from their shallow haunts.

If you haven't tried them, do, you will be very surprised and happy!  They are Bass Magnets!! 

The cool thing is, with a little work and practice you will be able to drag this bladed jig through anything without getting caught up!  It takes practice, but as I did you will learn.  Got questions, let me know or ask the guru himself Bo!
i am afraid that i am not a guru when it comes to fishing this bait, but i am learning different ways to apply it to the fishing situations in our area.

last summer i experimented with a 1 oz. Elite Blade, but with a huge oversized blade, and we just smashed the big brownies at night on it.  there is a learning curve with it because if you do not fish it right, the blade fold back over the hook and is a darn good hook guard.  if we add it to the arsenal, i will have to do a video to show how to fish it.  i am going to do some more experimenting this spring and summer of better ways to keep better contact with it and still be able to put speed on it.  lee is the master of the dead lily pads and you will have to see if you can pry some info out of him.

the CrazyBlitz does have an added attraction in that the back of the blade beats the heck out of the front of the head and makes a lot of noise coming through the water.

bo
On Heaven's Lake

SteveTX

I may have to give these a shot. Are these the ones your talking about? CRAZYBLITZ

twocold

Lee,
Are you using a trailer on this bait? If so what do you use and why?

Lee Smith

Quote from: SteveTX on February 22, 2018, 12:41:28 AM
I may have to give these a shot. Are these the ones your talking about? CRAZYBLITZ

Yep, that's them Steve!  ~c~

Lee Smith

Quote from: twocold on February 22, 2018, 05:31:00 AM
Lee,
Are you using a trailer on this bait? If so what do you use and why?

Always, I use a creature bait that has a flat side like the Missle D-Bomb.  It helps it to stay up in the shallows and water column when reeling slow and using a stop and go retrieve it comes up faster.  When using the Black/Blue Crazy Blitz, I usually use the SuperBug color, just seems to work!

basswarz

UP here in NJ I'd say for me its a rattle trap, crankbait and A wacky rigged senko with Kick N Bass scent that works for me! Or a soft jerkbait!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VaNCBQVPZvQ

SteveTX

Quote from: Lee Smith on February 22, 2018, 07:12:17 AM
Always, I use a creature bait that has a flat side like the Missle D-Bomb.  It helps it to stay up in the shallows and water column when reeling slow and using a stop and go retrieve it comes up faster.  When using the Black/Blue Crazy Blitz, I usually use the SuperBug color, just seems to work!
So your not turning the body vertically like a swim bait? Or are ya? Just wanting to make sure I understand correctly. Thanks

Lee Smith

Quote from: SteveTX on February 22, 2018, 07:58:36 AM
So your not turning the body vertically like a swim bait? Or are ya? Just wanting to make sure I understand correctly. Thanks

I thread it on just like I would if I where putting the d-bomb on a straight shank hook. Go in at the head and thread it to where the hook starts to bend, doesn't bother the hook up at all.

caddyjoe77

thinking a firetiger pattern would work in some shallow cold chocolate milk  :-*
BeerMe

SteveTX

Quote from: Lee Smith on February 22, 2018, 08:15:55 AM
I thread it on just like I would if I where putting the d-bomb on a straight shank hook. Go in at the head and thread it to where the hook starts to bend, doesn't bother the hook up at all.
So your keeping it flat like in the crayfish presentation. OK I think I got it. Ill order a couple this evening. I hear the brown and blue skirt has caught a lot of fisherman.  ;) Not sure color matters a ton in my water but browns, blues and blacks have worked along with the brightest of colors. Whats your suggestion for 6" visibility? I have a black n blue and a brown and blue in my cart so far.
Quote from: caddyjoe77 on February 22, 2018, 08:21:30 AM
thinking a firetiger pattern would work in some shallow cold chocolate milk  :-*
I may have to toss one of those in as well Joe.  ;D
Thank goodness cport and LMG have bought all those Revos up. I have a few $ left for these.  lo

Mike Cork

Quote from: Lee Smith on February 22, 2018, 07:12:17 AM

SHhhhh... this is one of the best bluegill imitating colors I've used and it will be brutal on big bass from now until the water clears ~shhh

Fishing is more than just a hobby

Dobyns Rods - Monster Fishing Tackle
Cork's Reel Service

Lee Smith

Quote from: SteveTX on February 22, 2018, 08:38:42 AM
So your keeping it flat like in the crayfish presentation. OK I think I got it. Ill order a couple this evening. I hear the brown and blue skirt has caught a lot of fisherman.  ;) Not sure color matters a ton in my water but browns, blues and blacks have worked along with the brightest of colors. Whats your suggestion for 6" visibility? I have a black n blue and a brown and blue in my cart so far. I may have to toss one of those in as well Joe.  ;D
Thank goodness cport and LMG have bought all those Revos up. I have a few $ left for these.  lo

I use the brown/blue, but most use the black/blue.  Brown/Blue works no matter the water clarity, it just plain out works!!