seating layout for four passengers on a 2018 TrackerPro170

Started by badger1966, February 23, 2018, 07:25:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

badger1966

I was wondering how you legally sit four passengers on the Tracker Pro 170 2018

Lipripper

Quote from: badger1966 on February 23, 2018, 07:25:41 PM
I was wondering how you legally sit four passengers on the Tracker Pro 170 2018
That's a good question. Is there a law that prevents one from setting on the floor or on a seat on the back deck? If there is it might differ from state to state.

Kats Rule And Bass Drool.Viet Nam Vet

badger1966

I believe that they have to be in approved seats and the tracker pro 170 has 2 seats in the center and then 2 fishing seats.  I am not sure if those seats can be used if they are not on the post.

Pacific NW Ron

Is that boat rated for four people or only three?  Isn't there a seat in center that folds down like a step?  I think you should be able to seat three across but not positive on that on all models.  Depending on your state reg's one person should be able to sit on the front deck facing backwards with his/her feet on the floor next to the console.  Probably need to check local laws on this one.
Enjoying retirement in the great Pacific Northwest.  I've turned into a fair weather angler.  Why do it today when I can do it tomorrow?

Lipripper

Quote from: badger1966 on February 23, 2018, 07:49:48 PM
I believe that they have to be in approved seats and the tracker pro 170 has 2 seats in the center and then 2 fishing seats.  I am not sure if those seats can be used if they are not on the post.
My fishing partner has a 2014 Pro Team 175 I'm not to sure what the layout in your boat looks like but in Johns boat you might get away seating four if one could set in the seat on the back deck without a post. I never thought about if it was against the law though. I will have to check into that.

badger1966

Quote from: Pacific NW Ron on February 23, 2018, 08:06:15 PM
Is that boat rated for four people or only three?  Isn't there a seat in center that folds down like a step?  I think you should be able to seat three across but not positive on that on all models.  Depending on your state reg's one person should be able to sit on the front deck facing backwards with his/her feet on the floor next to the console.  Probably need to check local laws on this one.
This boat is rated for 4 passengers

Lipripper

I just looked your boat up and it looks like John's boat is about the same layout. So you might get by with three in the middle and one on the back deck if it's not against the law in Wis.

badger1966

Lipripper

badger1966

the pro 170 has pretty much the same layout as John's boat his is the next size and model up

Lipripper

Quote from: badger1966 on February 23, 2018, 08:45:45 PM
the pro 170 has pretty much the same layout as John's boat his is the next size and model up
John's boat has that third seat in  the middle so I guess a person could set on the seat on the back deck and get by with it. You boat looks like a nice boat also. We love John's 175 the only thing he wished is that he would have had a bigger TM put on it when he bought it.

badger1966

badger1966

yep the 170 doesn't have that center seat. I just might look into that after this coming season.  But most of the time it will be just my son and I.

Kris

I think the most important question here is what does the capacity plate say? Any kind of Marine Police should enforce that number. Another thing to watch is the weight of those people. I know they assume a person is a lightweight which is not always the case.
I know that Maryland will not allow people on front and rear seats during big motor operation. I am not sure about pole removed.
Reservoir fishing in MD, Vietnam Vet, Retired
Ouachita 16' Model B, Minn Kota, Lowrance, Raymarine
Moderator - Maryland Fishing Reports and Chat

WTodd

My Lowe ST 175 is rated for 4 people and I can seat 4 semi-comfortably but 1 of the 4 is my 2 year old granddaughter. Pretty sure our layouts are the same.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oldfart9999

The plate says 4 people, put a small seat in the middle and have the 4th person sit on the front deck by the console and I bet you're overweight. lo Don't let anybody sit on the back deck or in the bow fishing seat on the pole while you are underway, it's dangerous.
Rodney
Old Fishermen never die, their rods just go limp.

Lipripper

Quote from: Oldfart9999 on February 24, 2018, 09:39:57 AM
The plate says 4 people, put a small seat in the middle and have the 4th person sit on the front deck by the console and I bet you're overweight. lo Don't let anybody sit on the back deck or in the bow fishing seat on the pole while you are underway, it's dangerous.
Rodney
Yelp not with the pole in but on the back deck seat in the hole and someone setting in the middle seat the one in the back seat ok with his legs stretch out. It wouldn't help on getting on plane though with that weight in back.  lo lo

Oldfart9999

Quote from: Lipripper on February 24, 2018, 11:29:33 AM
Yelp not with the pole in but on the back deck seat in the hole and someone setting in the middle seat the one in the back seat ok with his legs stretch out. It wouldn't help on getting on plane though with that weight in back.  lo lo

And you're still probably overweight. lo lo ::)
Rodney
Old Fishermen never die, their rods just go limp.

Goldstar225

The owners manual probably addresses the seating arrangement.  The manual for my PT 190 does.  While I have three across seating, it specifies that the 4th passenger is seated on the front deck immediately in front of the port passenger, apparently facing the rear.  The two pedestal seats are to be used only when traveling under 5 MPH.

jyu87

Quote from: Goldstar225 on February 24, 2018, 06:44:38 PM
The owners manual probably addresses the seating arrangement.  The manual for my PT 190 does.  While I have three across seating, it specifies that the 4th passenger is seated on the front deck immediately in front of the port passenger, apparently facing the rear.  The two pedestal seats are to be used only when traveling under 5 MPH.

What he said. Just saw this the other day in my manual. I'm assuming the OP would follow the same arrangement. Don't really think the 4th on the deck is practical though.
2018 Tracker 190TX
Mercury 115 ProXS
Lowrance HDS 12 & 9 Gen3