Ultimate Bass ULTIMATE BASS | BASS FISHING CLASSIFIED ADS | CONTACT US    

Bass Fishing information about bass boats, tackle, fishing rods, baitcasters and other reels all about bass fishing.
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Thank you! Sorry about the wait...

Page Down
FREE TACKLE EVERY WEEK

Bass Anglers Magazine - The Best bass fishing magazine on the rack! Subscribe Today and Catch More Bass

NuTech Lures

Doc Irv Custom Baits

Life Vantage

Get Bit Outdoors

X Zone Lures

Bass Anglers Magazine - The Best bass fishing magazine on the rack! Subscribe Today and Catch More Bass

Bass Boats For Sale Free Classified Ads

Laurie Cork
Ph. (318)347-7380
You can Email Me Here

Mike Cork
Ph. (318)560-9827

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Ultra Light Trout Rod & Reel  (Read 434 times)

MarkusBett18

• Smallmouth
  • Bassin Since 02
Ultra Light Trout Rod & Reel
« on: February 28, 2018, 04:03:51 PM »

Greetings! I got a budget of around $120-$150 and am looking for a great ULTRA LIGHT rod and reel. I'm talking nothing over 6'. I need light rod, and light reel. If you guys can help me with a rod and reel best suited! I'd really appreciate it!.
><(((>        <)))><

JDV

• Smallmouth
  • Baby Bass
Re: Ultra Light Trout Rod & Reel
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2018, 04:24:34 PM »

St. Croix Triumph rods, or their panfish series comes in a range of lengths in Ultra Lights under your budget.  I love my St. Croix Panfish ultra light in 6'9" length.  Longer than i initially wanted, but I don't regret it one bit now that I'm used to it.   It comes in shorter lengths too however.

Ugly stiks will work, but their guides are low quality so I'm not sure how they'll hold up over time.   My wife has a 5' Ultra Light Ugly Stik, which is working nicely for her for the 1 month she's had it, but our ugly stik Medium rods have grooved guides after just 3 months...

Shimano Sienna, Sahara reels will get the job done depending on what rod you get and how much you have left to spend.

Ddyyak

• Smallmouth
  • Baby Bass
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2018, 05:00:57 PM »

Not as good as a st croix but I just bought another bass pro micro lite 6'6. They are on sale for 39$. I bought my first one last year and for the price I think it is an outstanding rod. Won't last a lifetime but at the price you won't feel bad being a little rough with it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Smallie_Stalker

• CM Community Diplomat
  • Good things come to those who bait !!!
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2018, 06:20:55 PM »

Not as good as a st croix but I just bought another bass pro micro lite 6'6. They are on sale for 39$. I bought my first one last year and for the price I think it is an outstanding rod. Won't last a lifetime but at the price you won't feel bad being a little rough with it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Excellent suggestion Ddyyak  ~c~

I can't speak for the newer ones but I have a BPS Micro-Lite that is close to 20 years old. Aside from having to re-wrap the stripper guide once a few years ago it is still going strong. And I have been a bit less than kind to that rod because it was so cheap.

Supporting Companies: Abu Garcia  Berkley  Pflueger  Fenwick  Shakespeare  Spiderwire

WataugaLaker

• Smallmouth
  • Baby Bass
« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2018, 11:11:13 AM »

For fishing smaller creeks and streams I like a 5.5' Abu Garcia vigilante with a small pflueger trion and 10 lb braid with 5x RIO fluoroflex fly fishing tippett as the leader. Use braid as your main line bc a small diameter reel will give you tons of tangles using regular mono or fluoro line

Bassee

• UB Member
  • Baby Bass
« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2018, 09:42:05 PM »

Will take note of those suggestions too

analfisherman

• Charter Member
  • HOOKS, LIES AND ALIBIES
« Reply #6 on: March 18, 2018, 09:56:47 PM »

Everyone knows I'm a Croix guy....but just a thought.......the days of short ultra-lights is gone.

The longer rods allow you to CAST LIGHT LURES A LOT FARTHER AND EASIER!!!!!!!!!!
I have SIX ultras I use for PANS and TROUT......all are at least 7'.

Now a 6'6' would be fine and if your fishing creeks/streams that are narrow and loaded with trees and brush on the banks like WataugaLaker I TOTALLY understand going short........BUT THERE IS A REASON FLY RODS ARE LONG......light baits can be thrown PLUS THE FIGHT IS A BLAST.

I actually use a 8' Fly rod to 'popper' fish spawning Gills every year.

This is just MY THOUGHTS on Ultra Lights.........and I don't know much!!
"Fishing isn't life or death... it's more important than that."

hubcap91

• Smallmouth
  • Baby Bass
« Reply #7 on: March 19, 2018, 02:09:27 AM »

I recently picked up a 6'6"UL Balance by Favorite Fishing. I'm liking it so far. I like it a lot more than my BPS Bionic Blade. Just don't buy Favorite reels.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

SteelHorseCowboy

• Ultimate Basser
  • Baby Bass
« Reply #8 on: March 19, 2018, 12:24:58 PM »

For fishing smaller creeks and streams I like a 5.5' Abu Garcia vigilante with a small pflueger trion and 10 lb braid with 5x RIO fluoroflex fly fishing tippett as the leader. Use braid as your main line bc a small diameter reel will give you tons of tangles using regular mono or fluoro line
This ^^^^
Same UL I use, except my reel is a Mitchell 310. I love it. The Abu Vivilantes are a good bargain on a tight budget, between it and a decent UL reel, you'll have some left over for braid, which really is a must have on these.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Monster Fishing Tactle is the best place to buy your tackle needs Check them out online

When Bass Fishing Is More than Just a Hobby - Dobyns Rods

QUICK LINKS
UB Home
Main Forum
Welcome
Dock Talk
Techniques
Rods and Reels
Tackle Box
Catch of the Day
UB Contests
Tips and Ideas
Sponsor Connection
Fishing Reports
Charter Members Only
Bass Fishing Classified Ads
Boats 4 Sale

BECOME A
CHARTER MEMBER
SUPPORT UB

Find out about the contests before everyone else and know about the latest news first

Page Up

Page created in 0.063 seconds with 23 queries.