Mar BS'n and Carrying on. The Spawn is on its way

Started by Donald Garner, February 28, 2018, 06:52:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lipripper

everyone and the  ~sun is out and they say it's going to reach 44* today but the winds are suppose to be blowing 20 to 30 MPH this afternoon but none of that white stuff in the forecast or on the ground either.  ~c~ Rodney glad you were able to make it to the gym this morning and do your workout with out your body hurting. That monkey that you still have sounds like you could be related to the one that just left my house.   ;D Donald here ya go your morning pick me up for your drive to work  and hope you have a nice day and that your boat is all ready and your new electronics work fine for y'all on the Bend. Hope everyone has a great day and be safe out there.

Kats Rule And Bass Drool.Viet Nam Vet

SteelHorseCowboy

Mornin y'all!
Hope everyone's well or getting there.
Wouldn't ya know it, a week after I buy a replacement Whopper Plopper, I found the one I lost. How in the heck it ended up in a gallon ziploc bag under my seat, I don't think I'll ever know.
I've said several times, "I'll be d***ed if I'm paying that much for one..." But it got so much attention, although no catches, I felt like I just had to!
It's alright though, cause now I've got two. One in bone, and I guess this one is Munkey Butt?

And yesterday, I took a nap. Someone took advantage of the fact I can't feel my feet.

Lipripper

Afternoon SHC and I wouldn't even try to remember how the one got in a ziploc bag under the seat.  lo lo So you can't feel your feet  Mine are mostly numb and that's a funny feeling. So how's everything going and y'all getting everything lined up for the big day?

SteelHorseCowboy

Quote from: Lipripper on March 19, 2018, 12:42:10 PM
Afternoon SHC and I wouldn't even try to remember how the one got in a ziploc bag under the seat.  lo lo So you can't feel your feet  Mine are mostly numb and that's a funny feeling. So how's everything going and y'all getting everything lined up for the big day?
Yep, frostbite/chill blains, plus miles and miles of carrying heavy loads, has killed most of the nerves in my feet. I can feel parts of the third and fourth toes of each foot, and a swath along each arch extending up to my ankles. I can feel my legs just fine. One plus to not being able to feel 'em, when I hit that pinky toe on something I just hear the crunch and don't get the pain!
So someone decided to paint the toenails on the ones I can't feel! They're sparkly! Everyone in the house are such pranksters, I can't even guess who might've done it, so I'm just pretending I haven't noticed. I'll find a way to prank 'em all at once, just to cover my bases.

We've got almost everything in order for the big day. Need to make the reservations for the honeymoon and find someone to do the ceremony. We don't know of anyone that we want, like how many people get the pastor of their own church to do it. But the courthouse has a list of folks.
Other than that, we gotta do the paperwork to get the marriage license. But since that expires after 30 days, we have to wait to get it.

Lipripper

My feet are feet are very sensitive and the best way I could describe how they feel is like when you went to the dentist and he gives you a shot and your mouth starts feeling numb that's how mine feel. They keep telling my they will get better but I have my doubts . They say they think it was caused from my chemo treatments.

Donald Garner

Good evening to everyone,

Blue Bird skies 46 / 78 were the temps for today here in Central Texas  ~sun  Back to the ole grind the kids were pretty good today except this one knuckle head.  While the teacher was helping another student in class he went over and dialed 911.  All of the classrooms have telephones in them.  Needless to say the CHIT HIT THE FAN ~shade   The fire department, police department and the school administration board were all calling wanting to know what the heck.  That young man got all kinds of unwanted attention after that.  I don't know what the outcome was I had a meeting I had to attend.

On some other unwanted to hear news my boat was not ready when I went to pick it up  ???  The owner's wife met me out in the parking lot as I was walking up.  I seen the Stratos sitting in the garage being worked on.  The owner was dealing with another customer and afterwards led me out to see it. 

The wheel hubs check over is completed no issues there to worry about  ;)  The Ram mount is mounted where I asked for it to be ~c~  The transducer and cable were still lying on the back deck.   He showed me where he's going to mount the transducer and I said fine.  He told me he'd be done in another hour if I wanted to come back ::)  I looked at him and told him I'd back at 4pm 20 Mar to pickup my boat please have it ready ~shade  I got in my truck and left before I said something I'd be sorry for later on ^-^

A little voice in the back of my head all day kept telling me the boat wasn't going to be done and it wasn't    :(  Oh well I had planned for the possibility of this happening   ;)

Got home from the marine dealership the wife was out in the yard working on the landscaping  ~sweat ~sweat ~sweat   She had the yard mowed, De-weeded a 50 yard stretch along our White Railed fence where our Oklahoma Red Bud Trees are planted.  I went over and checked on her she was really tired.  I got sent to Lowes to pickup some weed kill and insect kill.  She also told me to buy another Oklahoma Red Bud tree while there.   

:-* Well the light went off and next thing I knew the Bait Monkey was waiting for me at the truck  lo  Academy is just a round the corner from Lowes.  I picked up (9) more H20 Frogs they had reduced the price from $3.99 to $2.99  :)  I picked up a couple spools of Seaguar 20lb Fluorocarbon Line also  ;)

Rodney; I hear ya brother Winter should be over with it's March for Pete's sake SPRING TIME  ~shade  Glad you made it to the gym for your work out.   I'll give a feed back report on those weights when we get back from Toledo Bend.  Heck for $4.98 a pk with 5 weights in didn't seem all that bad.  They had some Tungsten there $8.00 dollars for (2) weights.  If I break off I won't feel so bad about losing the weight  ~shade   Buddy just as soon as I get the Stratos Home tomorrow I'll take some pictures.  I tell ya its going to take some getting used to have the depth finder on the Right side of the console instead of dead center.  The new Lowrance is 7inches wide and I'd had to redo my whole console to have it flush mounted.

Lip; Tks for the juice this morning.  I stopped by Walmart picked up a couple donuts and an RC cola also.  Like I mentioned earlier the Stratos wasn't ready   >:(  It should be tomorrow afternoon.  The only thing left to do was run the transducer cable down the drivers side and attach the transducer to the transom.  Hopefully he gets it completed.  I told him I'd be there after I get off work to pick it up. 

SHC; Those toes......huh you got to be careful when napping with females in the house  :shocking:

Guys you all have a relaxing evening whets left of it.  I have got to catch and lock that Bait Monkey back up  ~shade
Belton Texas part of God's Country
Stratos 285 Pro XL Yamaha 150 VMax; Lowrance Hook 7 Electronics; Minn Kota Foretrex Trolling Motor

G3 1548 Alwed Jon boat Yamaha 25hp outboard 

Oldfart9999

Good morning UB nation. 19 headed to 31, partly sunny, knees sore, blah! Might hit the gym later! Blah!
Well, I gave the last monkey a banana as I opened the door said, hope you have fun, but not here anymore. I'll be picking up some hooks and whatnot but the larger purchases are over, I ordered about 107 dollars worth of Twister Tail grubs yesterday to replenish my inventory which reached zero. Reels are all spooled, just have to buy batteries for the boat when the weather let's me start work on it, then the boat monkey get's the boot!!!
Lip, I'm beginning to think winter is going to be here for a while longer, 3 or 4 months anyways. :'( :surrender: ~rant
Donald, I don't blame you for being upset, they pushed other work ahead of yours, it's not right but those folks cry, whine, cuss and threaten to where the owner has no choice, I've been on the order pulling side of it and it's not fun to deal with. Hopefully it'll be ready tonight. That stupid kid should be stuck on permanent detention and housecleaning!!!
SHC, cute toes!!! lo lo lo Eat a couple cans of Hormel Chili then pile everybody into the car and take them for a long ride with the windows up, perfect payback!!! lo
Have a great day!!!
Rodney 
Old Fishermen never die, their rods just go limp.

SteelHorseCowboy

Good mornin' UB!
Bit chilly here, 53° and a gray cloud blanket. Got another Dr's appointment in a few hours. Don, you got me thinking I may need to swing by Academy while I'm out!
How old are these knuckleheads you're dealing with, middle school? Dialing up 911 is a no-go, especially from a school, especially right now! Police get a 911 hangup from a school, they're going to be ready to come into the worst possible scenario! I know I and several others here know what it feels like to have to go into a situation where the only intel you have is "This could be very bad." NOT fun at all.
Hope you got back from the shopping trip and got the Mrs some help in the yard! That's something I'm not looking forward to myself. I need to get my push mower fixed. I've been borrowing my landlord's zero turn, but my yard has so many small decorative shade trees, holes, dips and knolls that a big mower just makes it look like crap. My little 20" or so self propelled push mower gets a much more uniform cut and doesn't tear the turf when I turn. I'm sitting on about 3 acres of land, but only cut about 3/4 of one acre.

Rodney, I love that revenge idea, that's about what I was starting to think. It's about the best and easiest way to get everyone at once. I've done it before on the pipelines. I had a crew of hispanics and one had horrible gas pretty much all the time, and he thought it was hilarious to rip the seams of the universe every time we got in the truck. But there was another little thing...
It was so horrible, he couldn't stand it himself! So one day, I passed out dryer sheets to everyone but him. We got in the truck, hot as hades, and headed on down the road. As soon as we heard Armando's south end say BUHRRRRRRRRRUMP! He started cackling. Until we all whipped out the dryer sheets and held them to our faces as I rolled up the windows, locked 'em, and turned off the AC.
So we were rolling down the highway, steaming Armando's butt breath and laughing, he was screaming "SEÑOR! SEÑOR! THIS NO BUENO SEÑOR!"
I yelled back, "ARMANDO! TU CULO NO BUENO! TU CULO NECESITO CORN COB MUCHO GRANDE!" (your butt needs a huge corn cob)
It was hilarious.

Lip, my feet are just like you describe, just deadened. I can't even feel pressure on them. Nearly the same reason too. The shot at the dentist office serves as a nerve blocker because of where they put it. Most of the nerves in my feet are just dead, so it's the same effect.
My toes still move just fine and I assume they just work by reflex to keep me upright. It probably helps that I can still feel most of two toes on each foot, so at least they know what the other ones are doing, but I've seen a man with prosthetic feet who seemed more sure footed than me.

-Shawn-

Lipripper

everyone and it's feels like 22* with that 20 MPH wind blowing out of the NE over the Lake but at least we arn't getting any of that white stuff and by Wednesday of next week it's suppose to be back up around 55* again. ~c~ ~c~ Rodney sorry your knees are hurting and hope it don't keep you from going to the gym and getting in your workout. I hope that banana does the trick on keeping that monkey out of your wallet  lo lo He can't come to my house cause I done got all the stuff I'm going to get. I have a few things that are on the way to my house. They didn't coast a lot but they were stuff that I needed. When Bigjim makes them 60 Roadrunners for John and I that will be the end of me feeding the monkey and jus tto make sure he keeps away from my house I called in some help to guard my door.   lo lo Donald sorry your boat wasn't ready and I don't blame you for being upset I would of been also. I'm sure they will have your boat ready today. I hope they do more than just give that knot head a talking too. Here's you some for your morning break.
SHC that's a funny story and a good payback   ~roflmao be sure to let us know how you get them toe nail painters back  ;D The doctors are saying that they think mine was caused from the chemo and that may be the case but I has a feeling that it might have been caused from when they had to go in through my back with a 6 hour surgery to repack the area around my AAA ( abdominal aortic aneurysm) that had sprung a leak from the stent around it. I was lucky that I was already in the ER and they found it before I  died from it. Shawn morning and you get that electronic problem figured out yet? Y'all have a safe trip over to the Bend and hope y'all have some nice weather and catch lots of nice fish. Bud how are things down by the beach this morning? Hope everyone has a nice day and be safe out there.

-Shawn-

Not Yet lip...have been fixing all the other stuff like Trolling motor having no power, water in the lower unit, leaking hubs, 2 bad tires...  :'(

I'm finally getting somewhere though... ~sweat

Lipripper

Quote from: -Shawn- on March 20, 2018, 01:07:07 PM
Not Yet lip...have been fixing all the other stuff like Trolling motor having no power, water in the lower unit, leaking hubs, 2 bad tires...  :'(

I'm finally getting somewhere though... ~sweat
Dang Shawn sorry to hear your having all this trouble with your boat and hope you can get it working good enough for your trip to the Bend.

-Shawn-

Got everything done except the structure scan... I can work on it at the Bend.
Got everything packed up and ready to go. No snow forecast either.  ~shade

Donald Garner

We had clear skies with the temps 44 / 69 dgrs for the day here in Central Texas.  Nice quiet day at school today.  Testing has started up again for some of the students and the rest were on field trips up to Baylor University.  The marine dealership called me at 10am letting me know my boat was ready.  I stopped by after work and picked it.   They did a great job of mounting the electronics it nice and clean looking.  Here's a couple pictures of the new Lowrance Hook 7.

Once we get back from Toledo Bend I'm going to remove the old electronics.  I'm going back over to Academy and purchase another Hook 7 and have it mounted on the front deck. 

After getting the pictures taken I helped the wife plant that new tree I bought yesterday.  We had supper and then I was back at checking the engine out and putting a little grease to some fittings.  Tomorrow Carl and I are going to pack it back up.

Shawn; Y'all have a pleasant trip I'll see you on Friday.

Lip; Tks for the morning juice and donuts.  I think that kid got suspended and is at home now.  I'll find out tomorrow.  Glad to see the temps are getting a little warmer for ya.  That white stuff needs to be gone now.

SHC; I work at a Middle School we have 6th; 7th and 8th Graders there.  90% of the kids do whet right etc but those other 10% are pure knot heads.  Yep the shopping trip was a success  ;)  I really enjoy working in the yard.  We have people stop by and they tell us how nice everything looks etc.  My wife does a lot of working the flower beds herself.  When I'm not around she'll fire up the John Deere riding mower and have at it.  I'll come home and fire up the trimmer and get that squared away.  I takes me about 3hrs to mow, trim and clean up our yard.

Rodney; Man you're having some real issues with your body here lately.  How much of this pain is caused by the weather?  We have ya in our daily prayers.  Yesterday while at the marine dealership the owners wife let it slip that on Friday some of his tournament buddies just dropped in.  The day was wasted.  I know what you're talking about being pushed aside.  It really tuff but I got my boat a day later than promised and they did a good job.  I'll have to re-think about letting him do work in the future thought.

To everyone have a pleasant and relaxing day tomorrow.
Stratos 285 Pro XL Yamaha 150 VMax; Lowrance Hook 7 Electronics; Minn Kota Foretrex Trolling Motor

Oldfart9999

HAPPY HAPPY HUMP DAY!!! 28 headed to low 30s, sunny, possible snow Saturday then warming up, I sure hope so, my body could use a break!!! :surrender: :surrender:
Lip, you ready to head south for your years supply of crappie, I know you're anxious!! That's a funky looking guard you have there, looks like a redneck that caught by a sheet with wings! lo lo lo That monkey I booted yesterday is a sneaky little fur ball though, caught him trying to get back in the house twice. lo lo
Donald, that's a neat looking install!! I wouldn't leave the installer, just make it clear that next time the work must be done on time, good techs can be hard to find! Do you take the unit down when you leave the water, I know I would so nothing can damage it. I dislike yard work(gardening) bigtime, oddly I don't mind mowing the lawn, put my gloves and earphones on and veg out. lo lo The arthritis is growing , my left wrist is the next thing I have checked, the wrist itself and going into the hand can hurt like hell, the back of the hand is swollen a bit and I know it's not carpal tunnel. I see the Doctor on the 6th and will get a referral then. We all have our problems, this is one of mine.
SHC, that's funny, so did Armando do it anymore? lo lo You know you haven't given us any more gator stories, not getting out much??
Shawn, hope you have a really great trip!!! Hope you solve your problem also!!!
Have a great day!!!
Rodney 

-Shawn-

Chit! Chit! chittttt!
I left all 4 pair of Wiley X at the damn house... ~b~ ~rant

Lipripper

Afternoon everyone and I'm back from my doctors visit. She gave me some meds for my insomnia and my blood work still showed a elevated thyroid level so she put me on some thyroid meds also. The  ~sun is out and it feels like 30* with that 20 MPN NNE wind blowing in off the big lake. They are still saying we will be up around 50* by next Tuesday. I sure hope so cause I want to go fishing. Rodney yelp I'm ready to head south for my yearly Crappie fishing trip. If the fish are biting the last week of April John is going to give me a call and I will already have my bags and fishing gear packed and ready to throw in the back of my old falling apart van and hit the road.  ;D Sorry your old body is scramming at you and hope your weather gets better so you won't hurt so much. Yelp you got to watch that ol monkey he be a sneaky little  >:D Mine has been whispering in my ear also but my ears have a lot of wax build up in them that I haven't cleand out yet.  lo lo Donald glad you got your new electronics installed and they look good now go use them to find some good fish down there on the Bend.  ~bb Dang Shawn you mean to tell me you don't make up a check list before you go on a big trip  ~b~ ~b~ maybe some of the other fellows wil lhave a couple of extra one y'all can use. Hope everyone has a nice day and be safe out there.

SteelHorseCowboy

Lip, I haven't been getting out much lately, and haven't encountered any gators when I have.
And I was just starting to get used to the idea of chillin with dinosaurs! It's almost a let down, haven't even seen one from a distance in weeks.

I've been neglecting fishing for the past couple weeks because of the wind. Holy carp, it's been blowing!

I did get out and take my new President fishing today!
This combo I picked up a few days ago is friggin SWEEEET! And the outing was productive too, that was just icing on the cake!

Caught three bass. The second two I had out of the water longer than I wanted, so I didn't take their mug shot. Here's a pic of the first, 12" right on the money. The second two were about the same size.

About five minutes after catching that one, I found a new little crankbait. Fished it out with a stick, looks brand spankin new!

Afterwards is when I caught the next two fish.

Got me a nice pic of the sunset!

And as I was leaving, my toe caught on something and I dang near went azz over teakettle! I looked down and saw what looked like something nice.
Turned out to be a Magellan jacket, dirty but looks almost brand new and just happens to be exactly my size! I'm gonna wash that bad boy and keep it if it turns out to be as nice as I think it is!

Just a few feet away I found an empty Cotton Cordell box. That's the brand of the little crank I found. Looks like someone just had a bad day!

This is what I call "bank shopping"! Hey, as much trash as I pick up, I feel I'm entitled to the freebies I find! Call it payment for the voluntary community services I perform.

Oh, and nope, Armando never did toot his horn in the truck again!

Donald Garner

Clear skies with the temps 50 / 74 for today here in Central Texas  ~sun  Another quiet day at school.  Some kids were testing others were out on field trips.  Had to run to Lowes prior to coming home the wife had me to pickup another 12 bags of mulch.  She has been extremely busy out in the yard since we got back from Ft. Worth.  The Bait Monkey is locked up for now so there wasn't any stopping at Academy today  ~shade 
Carl came over we got the Stratos loaded up for the road trip.  Got the tuffy box with the tool box and other pieces of equipment incase of a road side emergency up loaded in Carl's pickup.  We threw the boat cover in there also.  I don't like leaving the boat uncovered when we're staying some where.  All that is left is the ice cooler with food and a case of water to be loaded.  He's going to pick me up at 5pm and we'll be East Bound and Down to the Bend. 

SHC; Congrats on the catch there and finding those items.  Tks for sharing the picture with us also.

Lip; Yep the new electronics do look good.  It sure is a Huge Improvement over the original 2004 electronics that came with the boat.    Tks for the medical update.  I hope your new med's do the trick for ya. 

Rodney; Hope you get to feeling better soon buddy.  I'm thinking about what you said about leaving the installer.  For sure I'm going to make it known that work should be complete on time if not sooner.  I'm going to remove the electronics from the boat when traveling and while in storage.  After doing some research on my old electronics having that Black Circle on the screen was due to heat and just being old.  I have to leave my boat outside with the cover on it.  Being down here in the Summer its pretty darn hot.  That Ram mount allows me to remove and install the unit in no time less than 30 seconds.  I will more than likely use the same set up when I install the front deck unit.

Guess you all have a pleasant day tomorrow.  I got to go and pack some clothes for the trip tomorrow.

D.W. Verts

It's been a long while since I Blew Smoke with ya'll. It's just been super busy here in MO (mostly a good thing), then there's been the friends sick and dyeing... Mostly just busy.

Been pretty cold for March, but the forecast is decent. Had a swollen, unusable hand for a couple of days this week- it got better this AM, then broke myself down in the back again while runnin' a chainsaw today, and I'm wondering if this will ever end.

Sunshine and 70. That's what I need. Hell, it's what we ALL need.
Old School Bass Fishin' with D.W. Verts on YOUTUBE!
Solar Bat Sunglasses Pro Staff

Oldfart9999

Good morning y'all!!! 29 headed to mid/upper 30s, sunny, snow tomorrow. Made it to the gym later yesterday then again this morning, I just go with the flow, if I make it that's a plus, if not then I need to rest, it's an age thing with all the crap can come with it, I'm just too freaking ornery to give up. As far as the monkey goes, I need to pickup some hooks, I'll take inventory and go from there, then save my cash for the July 4th sale, it's usually a biggie and I might be able to upgrade the bow sonar, if not then it'll be a rod/reel combo and an old one will go to the Church garage sale.
Lip, it' looks like the weather may change for the better starting over the weekend or beginning of the week. ;D I need to get at the boat, new batteries and trailer hub maintenance so I can, hopefully get in some crappie fishing.
Shawn, I hope you get the structure scan working and can find some glasses, you need to put a hurting on the evil Lockjaw group!!! lo lo Have a great trip.
Donald, sounds like a very neat install, it's good when it's that easy to work with. Hope you have a great trip and catch some biguns!!!
SHC, finding that stuff is a just icing on the cake for a good trip, congrats!!! May any meeting with the toothy critters be pleasant and happy!!! lo lo ;) ;)
Dale, welcome to our age, sometimes it aint pudy but you made it, now you just have to deal with it. :( :( lo Makes the good days great!!!
Have a great day!!!
Rodney

Lipripper

everyone and we got  ~sun but it's cold out there feels like 20* but suppose to get up to 44* and no wet stuff of any kind till next week and it's suppose to reach 51* by Monday . SHC that's a nice looking jacket and that lure does look new and glad your new combo worked out great for you and you found a good looking jacket and had a nice looking sun set so all in all you had a great day.  ;D Donald hope you and Carl had a safe trip over to the Bend and catch lots of fish and eat lots of good food. Dale sorry to hear about your swollen hand but glad it's better now and sound like y'all have been busier than a fox in the hen house when the farmer is gone. You need to go fishing.  ;D I think winter is on the way out the door it might kick up it's heals a few more times but it won't last long. Rodney glad you were able to make it to the gym and get in your exercise. Sounds like old man winter is trying to make a few more pushes through your area but it's about over now. Hope you can get your boat ready soon so you can hit the water as soon as it gets nice enough and go catch some of them Crappies. I will be heading out on my Crappie hunting trip in about a month and I can't wait. Bud how's everything down by the beach? Shawn hope you and Tab made it to the Bend without any trouble. Hope everyone has a nice day and be safe out there.

-Shawn-

Good Morning Folks.....
Well the boat issues continue... after running to 1215 area now we have fuel pump issues... ~xyz ~rant
So got it back on the trailer and went to drink a few with Ron and D.  ~beer~
I'm going to start tearing the VRU down shortly.  :surrender:

Do we have any Mercury Doctors in the crowd?

Lipripper

Quote from: -Shawn- on March 22, 2018, 07:58:22 AM
Good Morning Folks.....
Well the boat issues continue... after running to 1215 area now we have fuel pump issues... ~xyz ~rant
So got it back on the trailer and went to drink a few with Ron and D.  ~beer~
I'm going to start tearing the VRU down shortly.  :surrender:

Do we have any Mercury Doctors in the crowd?
Dang Shawn are you sure your name isn't Murphy  :'( Hope y'all can get it figured out.

topdsm0138

How's it going guys? Went on a road trip to New Port Ritchie to visit friends for the weekend. This is the first time my wife has ever seen Lake Okeechobee. We stopped at Okeechobee City and took a pic. Stay safe everyone.

Sent from my SM-J700P using Tapatalk

"I'm a simple man, with simple pleasures." -Trevor Belmont