Spooling up some reels

Started by Bud Kennedy, February 25, 2018, 12:33:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SteveTX

Quote from: SFL BassHunter on February 28, 2018, 10:08:14 AM
I've had some failures with Power Pro recently that has prompted me to try new lines.
Wow.  :shocking:
Ive had excellent results with it hope they haven't cheaped out. Maybe it was just a blemish in their run? Monday morning or late Friday shift maybe.  lo

SFL BassHunter

Quote from: LgMouthGambler on February 28, 2018, 10:11:48 AM
OG Power Pro?

Yeah OG.
2 times in the last month or so. Found it strange since I never ever had issues before. Might have just been a bad spool. PP is still my go to, but I did get some XPS brand for 3.99 a spool on sale online a few weeks ago.

Had my 65lb snap when my frog got caught on a sawgrass over in Lox. George went over I picked up the frog out of the water and the line had snapped 3 inches from the knot.
The other day I was bank fishing with 40lb got hung on a pad. Tugged on it and my line snapped near the rod.

Couldn't be 1 spool because they were different tests. Now granted I probably don't retie enough and the frog one could be chalked up to my fault. The nap near the rod though, retying wouldn't have helped.
Whats annoying is that it isn't happening at the knot.
PB: 6lbs 5oz / 24.25 inches.
Rods/Reels Dobyns, 13 Fishing, Cabelas Arachnid, Daiwa Tatula CT, Tatula SVTW, Tatula Tactical, Tatula Type R
Florida Bass Fishing

SFL BassHunter

Quote from: SteveTX on February 28, 2018, 10:14:35 AM
Wow.  :shocking:
Ive had excellent results with it hope they haven't cheaped out. Maybe it was just a blemish in their run? Monday morning or late Friday shift maybe.  lo

Steve I have never had issues with it before. Been using it for 3 years.

I did have issues with their Max Cuatro in 65lb and 50lb with break offs as well not long ago. Again not at the knot.

I know a lot of people use power pro and swear by it. So I have a hard time believing their product has diminished overall. Maybe just bad luck on my side? I don't know.
Rods/Reels Dobyns, 13 Fishing, Cabelas Arachnid, Daiwa Tatula CT, Tatula SVTW, Tatula Tactical, Tatula Type R
Florida Bass Fishing

LgMouthGambler

Quote from: SFL BassHunter on February 28, 2018, 10:18:11 AM
Yeah OG.
2 times in the last month or so. Found it strange since I never ever had issues before. Might have just been a bad spool. PP is still my go to, but I did get some XPS brand for 3.99 a spool on sale online a few weeks ago.

Had my 65lb snap when my frog got caught on a sawgrass over in Lox. George went over I picked up the frog out of the water and the line had snapped 3 inches from the knot.
The other day I was bank fishing with 40lb got hung on a pad. Tugged on it and my line snapped near the rod.

Couldn't be 1 spool because they were different tests. Now granted I probably don't retie enough and the frog one could be chalked up to my fault. The nap near the rod though, retying wouldn't have helped.
Whats annoying is that it isn't happening at the knot.

Its because you suck at fishing.  lo
My wife says she is gonna leave me if I go fishing one more time........lord how I will miss that woman.

SFL BassHunter

Quote from: LgMouthGambler on February 28, 2018, 10:32:24 AM
Its because you suck at fishing.  lo
Well there's that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Florida Bass Fishing