Spiderwire Stealth Glo-vis Braid vs. Power Pro Super Slick 8

Started by Bretts_daddy, February 28, 2018, 07:31:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bretts_daddy

Like the title says, which would you choose between the Spiderwire Glo-vis or the Power Pro Super Slick? Both are 65lb. I picked both of these up at my local Walmart for $5 or less. Please don't say "neither" or suggest another line, I'm trying to find out which of these two lines would be better for fishing in the slop?
The only stupid question is the one you don't ask!

No matter how much we know about fishing there is always more to learn!

Lipripper

I've never used the Spiderwire Stealth Glo-vis  nor the Power Pro 65 lb but I use the Power Pro 30 lb all the time without any trouble.

Kats Rule And Bass Drool.Viet Nam Vet

Bretts_daddy

Quote from: Lipripper on February 28, 2018, 07:36:56 PM
I've never used the Spiderwire Stealth Glo-vis  nor the Power Pro 65 lb but I use the Power Pro 30 lb all the time without any trouble.
Do you use the Super Slick 8 version of Power Pro? That's what I'm talking about here.

Lipripper

Nope I've never tried the super slick. Let me know how it works out for you and if you like it I will have to give it a try.

Kats Rule And Bass Drool.Viet Nam Vet

Bud Kennedy

SFL BassHunter

Ive used Spiderwire Stealth, without the Glovis, I found it to be worthless. I threw away half a spool. I could snap that line with my bare hands. I'll never buy spiderwire again.
PB: 6lbs 5oz / 24.25 inches.
Rods/Reels Dobyns, 13 Fishing, Cabelas Arachnid, Daiwa Tatula CT, Tatula SVTW, Tatula Tactical, Tatula Type R
Florida Bass Fishing

Smallie_Stalker

Spiderwire Glo-Vis is the line I use for about 98% of all my fishing. 30 lb - 65 lb test. I have never tried the Super Slick Power Pro but I have tried the regular Power Pro and I had nothing but problems with it. But many of the members here use it as their line of choice and I am in the minority. Personally I have never had any problems with the Spiderwire Glo-Vis.

Like everything else, try them both out and see which one YOU like better. It's good to get opinions and feedback but in the end you have to find what works best for YOU. That's my $.02.
Dobyns Rods   Titan Tungsten   Abu Garcia  Berkley  Pflueger  Spiderwire

Bretts_daddy

Quote from: Bud Kennedy on February 28, 2018, 07:56:09 PM
Do you want to reconsider Neither?   ~roflmao
If they are truly trash I won't use either...these just happened to be the ones on clearance at my local Wal-Mart for $5. I won't risk any of my nicer lures if both these lines are not any good. I might just get some Sufix 832 Superline for $14 off Amazon.

SteveTX

I have only used Power Pro not Super Slick 8 version. And I have used Spiderwire but not Glo-Vis. Based on the versions I have used from each I would lean PowerPro.

Probably not a lot of help but at $5 I would probably grab some and see what I liked or disliked. Worst case you lost $10 bucks or so. 

LgMouthGambler

I would use both, but only to sew clothing back together. Lol

<")))>{

My wife says she is gonna leave me if I go fishing one more time........lord how I will miss that woman.

SteveTX

Quote from: LgMouthGambler on February 28, 2018, 09:10:09 PM
I would use both, but only to sew clothing back together. Lol

<")))>{
So what are you saying his clothes are torn?  lo

analfisherman

When you say Slop....you talking on top of it or through it?
"Fishing isn't life or death... it's more important than that."

DonM

I tried two spools of the Spider Wire glo stuff.  Lost a couple of fish when the line seemed to break for no reason.  Took if off and went back to Power Pro.  I wanted to like the SW because it sort of glows in the dark
Haven't tried the Slick, but love the regular PP.
DonM