Bank Fishing in Tallahassee

Started by Canesfan, April 18, 2018, 06:28:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Canesfan

Traveling this week with my wife for her work and am in Tallahassee until Sunday AM. My son, daughter-in-law, and grandchildren, including new grandson whom I've yet to meet, got in around midnight and are staying at dau-in-laws family. My son asked me to bring some fishing rods, etc. so we can maybe do a little fishing. Anyone know of any good areas up here? Thanks.

Capt. BassinLou

Quote from: Canesfan on April 18, 2018, 06:28:50 AM
Traveling this week with my wife for her work and am in Tallahassee until Sunday AM. My son, daughter-in-law, and grandchildren, including new grandson whom I've yet to meet, got in around midnight and are staying at dau-in-laws family. My son asked me to bring some fishing rods, etc. so we can maybe do a little fishing. Anyone know of any good areas up here? Thanks.
Send CCR a PM. He's from Tallahassee, he' not as active on the site as he used to be, but you never know, he might see your PM. He might know of a few spots. Good luck, and have a safe trip Dave.

Canesfan

Thanks Lou. As far as the "safe travels ", getting a tour of N. and W. Florida. Drove to Jacksonville Sunday, was there until yesterday afternoon. Am now in Tallahassee and then Sunday AM, dropping wife off in Tampa where she will be until Tuesday. She's renting a car in Tampa and driving home from there. I have to be back to go to work Monday.
Not that anyone cares but I am very proud of my wife. In November she got a promotion to Regional Manager for the State of Florida in charge of 7 locations scattered about the State. So she travels a lot but it is a great opportunity for her and carries a lot of responsibilities but included a nice bump in $$ plus other possibilities.

cport

Quote from: Canesfan on April 18, 2018, 07:05:33 AM
Thanks Lou. As far as the "safe travels ", getting a tour of N. and W. Florida. Drove to Jacksonville Sunday, was there until yesterday afternoon. Am now in Tallahassee and then Sunday AM, dropping wife off in Tampa where she will be until Tuesday. She's renting a car in Tampa and driving home from there. I have to be back to go to work Monday.
Not that anyone cares but I am very proud of my wife. In November she got a promotion to Regional Manager for the State of Florida in charge of 7 locations scattered about the State. So she travels a lot but it is a great opportunity for her and carries a lot of responsibilities but included a nice bump in $$ plus other possibilities.

That's great! I'm proud of my spouse as well, she just opened an accounting firm in December with a partner and they are already looking to hir on a few bookeepers, business has been so good. So, if you think along the same lines I do, we are already spending those extra dollars on something bass related lo
11lb 2 oz PB 🎣

Lipripper

Canesfan and Chris that's great news and congratulation to both of your wives.  ~c~ ~c~

Kats Rule And Bass Drool.Viet Nam Vet

FlatsNBay

Canesfan, I usually stay and fish at the Staybridge Suites at I-10 & 90 east of town. The hotel is on a lake with a big dock and plenty of accessable shoreline. They encourage fishing and they have fishing combos and tackle for their guests to use. It's usually pretty reasonable too.

Canesfan

Quote from: cport on April 18, 2018, 01:31:57 PM
That's great! I'm proud of my spouse as well, she just opened an accounting firm in December with a partner and they are already looking to hir on a few bookeepers, business has been so good. So, if you think along the same lines I do, we are already spending those extra dollars on something bass related lo
There ya' go.

Canesfan

Quote from: FlatsNBay on April 18, 2018, 03:07:39 PM
Canesfan, I usually stay and fish at the Staybridge Suites at I-10 & 90 east of town. The hotel is on a lake with a big dock and plenty of accessable shoreline. They encourage fishing and they have fishing combos and tackle for their guests to use. It's usually pretty reasonable too.
Awesome. I think that place is near my daughter-in-laws sister's place where we visited tonight. Plan on going fishing tomorrow hopefully. Will try to check it out.

FlatsNBay

It's pretty clear. The last time that I was there, I couldn't get anything going and had to go with finesse gear. I did pretty good on a small wacky rig with no weight.

Canesfan

Quote from: FlatsNBay on April 18, 2018, 03:07:39 PM
Can you fish there if you're not staying there?

FlatsNBay

I don't know. I've always stayed there

Canesfan

We found a County Park that had lots of fishable water from the bank. There were about 6 or 7 others fishing and none of us even had a bite. At least I had some father-son time.