G-Force Trolling Motor Handle/Cable

Started by tooboocoo, March 02, 2018, 10:56:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tooboocoo

I just installed a new Fortrex 80/45 on my Ranger and I bought one of these handles to replace the stock rope. But as I'm unwinding it in preparation to install, it seems very stiff and coily. Do you guys that have these find that its in the way all the time or do they relax over time and become manageable? I don't want to create a problem where none exists. Thanks

Princeton_Man

Quote from: tooboocoo on March 02, 2018, 10:56:26 AM
I just installed a new Fortrex 80/45 on my Ranger and I bought one of these handles to replace the stock rope. But as I'm unwinding it in preparation to install, it seems very stiff and coily. Do you guys that have these find that its in the way all the time or do they relax over time and become manageable? I don't want to create a problem where none exists. Thanks

It will straighten out. The plastic coating over the steel cable is helping keep the coil to it. Once you pull on it a few times to deploy the and retrieve the TM, it'll straighten out.
Stratos 285 XL Pro 150 Evinrude ETEC

Dobyns Rods - LSCR Club

mygreenihc

I love mine.  It lays straight out on the deck with no coiling whatsoever.  It will relax after being unwound,  but also a couple good tugs on it and it will not coil back up.  Like PM said,  it is the plastic that has the memory. 

Brad