Bass Pro Spring Classic

Started by kyswitchback, March 05, 2020, 11:13:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kyswitchback

Our family has recently moved back to the states and I am in the process of reacquiring all the gear that I sold prior to us moving. I've got $4-$500 to spend on 2-3 set ups.
I've been reading a lot and am considering the BPS Pro Qualifier 2, Fuego CT, Revo SX with CarbonLite Combo as well as the Bionic Blade that is currently on sale.
I'm not set on Bass Pro only but could take advantage of the reel trade in and save some money if there's any good options there. 
Any other recommendations or guidance would be greatly appreciated!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

zippyduck

I like both the SX and Fuego in that price range.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

3rd place 2017 UB IBASS 377.75"
AOY 2018 IBASS Cool Casters  369.00"
AOY 2019 IBASS Cool Casters  362.50"

Oldfart9999

I wouldn't go with the Bionic Blade, they aren't as good as they used to be. I just looked through the flyer and the best deal is the CARBONLITE/REVO combo, the CARBONLITE is an excellent rod for the money
Rodney
Old Fishermen never die, their rods just go limp.

Oldfart9999

I plan on going but just to pickup 2 panfish outfits and line for them.
Rodney 
Old Fishermen never die, their rods just go limp.

bucketmouth 87

Quote from: kyswitchback on March 05, 2020, 11:13:47 PM
Our family has recently moved back to the states and I am in the process of reacquiring all the gear that I sold prior to us moving. I've got $4-$500 to spend on 2-3 set ups.
I've been reading a lot and am considering the BPS Pro Qualifier 2, Fuego CT, Revo SX with CarbonLite Combo as well as the Bionic Blade that is currently on sale.
I'm not set on Bass Pro only but could take advantage of the reel trade in and save some money if there's any good options there. 
Any other recommendations or guidance would be greatly appreciated!!

Check out dobyns rods! Great warranty and just great people to do business with.   The fury rods come in at a great price and I saw they are on sale on tacklewarehouse.com for the classic sale. 

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Jacobguy

Quote from: bucketmouth 87 on March 06, 2020, 07:52:22 AM
Check out dobyns rods! Great warranty and just great people to do business with.   The fury rods come in at a great price and I saw they are on sale on tacklewarehouse.com for the classic sale. 

This. Also if you want to go a bit cheaper I've been reccomended the Berkley Lightning rods and have one myself and they work real well.

Sent from my SM-G970U1 using Tapatalk

kyswitchback

Quote from: Oldfart9999 on March 06, 2020, 06:02:07 AM
I wouldn't go with the Bionic Blade, they aren't as good as they used to be. I just looked through the flyer and the best deal is the CARBONLITE/REVO combo, the CARBONLITE is an excellent rod for the money
Rodney
Thanks for the heads up on the Bionic Blade.

kyswitchback

Thanks guys, I will take a look at the Dobyns and the Berkley.

Also, looks like the Revo SX combo only comes in a 7.3:1 ratio. Would it be worth picking up two of those combos if they're the same ratio and then maybe build another around the Fuego CT?

Donald Garner

Quote from: Oldfart9999 on March 06, 2020, 06:02:07 AM
Best deal is the CARBONLITE/REVO combo, the CARBONLITE is an excellent rod for the money
Rodney

That would be a good choice.

If you like Abu Garcia reels just click on the link below.  All their low profile bait casting reels are on sale.
Baitcasting reels

Quote from: bucketmouth 87 on March 06, 2020, 07:52:22 AM

I also second this.  If you live near Academy Sport store stop in there also.  I just picked up (2) Dobyns Fury rods they had on sale also.  Or you could just go to the Dobyns website and check out the Fury Rods there on line. 

Good luck in getting back into fishing.  Welcome Home also  ~shade
Belton Texas part of God's Country
Stratos 285 Pro XL Yamaha 150 VMax; Lowrance Hook 7 Electronics; Minn Kota Foretrex Trolling Motor

G3 1548 Alwed Jon boat Yamaha 25hp outboard