MN fishing Reports

Started by FisherMN, March 09, 2018, 10:15:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FisherMN

New to the board.  I was able to post fishing reports every week last summer from central to northern Minnesota.  I fish out of a Hobie Pro Angler 14.  My channel is FisherMN.  If you are interested in it you must put quotes "FisherMN"...its too close to fisherman and also is not yet very popular.  I'll post some links to videos in the video section of the forum.  Is it appropriate to include links to video reports in this section of the forum?

Princeton_Man

Quote from: FisherMN on March 09, 2018, 10:15:42 PM
New to the board.  I was able to post fishing reports every week last summer from central to northern Minnesota.  I fish out of a Hobie Pro Angler 14.  My channel is FisherMN.  If you are interested in it you must put quotes "FisherMN"...its too close to fisherman and also is not yet very popular.  I'll post some links to videos in the video section of the forum.  Is it appropriate to include links to video reports in this section of the forum?

Welcome aboard! ~c~

We prefer detailed reports be written in the posts of the reports forum and videos be posted in the videos forum. A lot of people looking for reports prefer to simply read the reports. You can always refer folks to the videos you post in the videos forum if they're interested in seeing the action.
Stratos 285 XL Pro 150 Evinrude ETEC

Dobyns Rods - LSCR Club

Pacific NW Ron

Welcome to UB.  You will find a lot of information on UltimateBass and there are a lot of opinions available. The members on this forum will treat you like family. If you have a question about anything, just post it and you'll get lots of answers. If you have a hint or an idea we would love to hear it. If you have a fishing story to tell post it, we all love a good story. The great guys and gals on UB are all willing to help.
Ron
Enjoying retirement in the great Pacific Northwest.  I've turned into a fair weather angler.  Why do it today when I can do it tomorrow?

CraigP83

Got any reports yet?  I was on Minnetonka last wednesday and things were pretty tough.  Bluegill spawn is in full effect but post frontal conditions slowed the bite.  I caught a few on a bluegill colored swim jig.  Got some cool side imaging screen shots that ill try sharing later

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

CraigP83

You can actually see the bluegill in their beds

FoxMurderer

Can you got any reports on any lakes near Princeton, Milaca, Zimmerman, elkriver area? I mainly fish around here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CraigP83

No, but we have a Wednesday night derby on Long Lake in between Princeton and Cambridge next week. I've never been three but it looks like it will be a dock fishing deal.  Work has been hell lately though so not sure ill make out there.
Quote from: FoxMurderer on June 19, 2018, 07:27:26 PM
Can you got any reports on any lakes near Princeton, Milaca, Zimmerman, elkriver area? I mainly fish around here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CraigP83

Make sure you join the IBass tournament each month.  MN needs more representation. We gotta take down Zippy this month hes currently leading.  It's in the Catch of the Day thread

FisherMN

Sorry I have been away, sick, busy with work....I'll be back at the reports soon.  I have a couple of new videos on "FisherMN" YouTube. The quotes help since it is not a popular channel and too close to the word fisherman! Early in the season I spend time around Mille Lacs and as the summer warms up I hit some other areas.  Annandale area is a favorite, but I have also fished the Goose, Fish, Horseshoe lake area in East Central, MN.  My two current videos highlight smallmouth bass on Mille Lacs and the Rum River.  Looking through this post the side imaging is amazing!

FisherMN

Wish I would have known about the tournament, I have about 97 inches of smallies in my top five!   I know... fish stories. Some are on video! I'll look at getting involved in July.

CraigP83

Anyone been out lately? I've finished a bunch the last 6 weeks and have nothing to show for it. Can't break the 3# mark recently

RuddyDuck

I was out this weekend both days. Yeah, caught my share of 1-3lbers. Saturday was slower for numbers, but I did get one 4.6lber, so that was fun. Jig worm along the weed edge. 7.5 ribbon tail, so not a finesse worm.  Lots of 2-3lbers yesterday, but lost my bigger one right at boat,dang it! Yesterday was mostly chatterbaits in green water.

Haven't been out much since 4th due to spraining my back, could barely walk for two days. Getting old I guess. :surrender: Should be out more now though.   
Dan

CraigP83

Went to Mille Lacs. Did OK, biggest ones came in 20 feet of water had to find big rocks that weren't completely obvious structure based on the map.  That lake gets a lot of pressure on the bass now

FisherMN

Nice fish. I agree about the pressure. Later fall can be great shallow. I used to fish from shore and caught some monster smallies on the west side(late Sept-mid-Oct).  The past couple of years has been slower.

FisherMN

Rapala skitter walk white was the ticket even late in the season.

CraigP83

Cold one this morning.  35°F when launching.  Couldn't feel my fingers after a while.  Caught my fish in 10fow using a 1/2oz jig.

RuddyDuck

I went out for Largies one last time Friday. Caught 4 for about 4 hours of fishing. All on Squarebills. Tried some slower stuff, but nothing on that. Missed something big of course too. Definitely been a slower fall, but it was nice to get out one last time and hook a few. Put the boat away Saturday and I think I made the right decision with this weather and forecast coming up.

Bring on the ice now! Looking at temps coming up, we might be able to be on the ice in spots by Thanksgiving weekend or so.  ~gf
Dan