Ultimate Bass ULTIMATE BASS | BASS FISHING CLASSIFIED ADS | CONTACT US    

Bass Fishing information about bass boats, tackle, fishing rods, baitcasters and other reels all about bass fishing.
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Thank you! Sorry about the wait...

Page Down
FREE TACKLE EVERY WEEK

Bass Anglers Magazine - The Best bass fishing magazine on the rack! Subscribe Today and Catch More Bass

NuTech Lures

Doc Irv Custom Baits

Life Vantage

Get Bit Outdoors

X Zone Lures

Lockett Lures Outlet

K9 Fishing Line

Bass Anglers Magazine - The Best bass fishing magazine on the rack! Subscribe Today and Catch More Bass

Bass Boats For Sale Free Classified Ads

Laurie Cork
Ph. (318)347-7380
You can Email Me Here

Mike Cork
Ph. (318)560-9827

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: My Lifetime Tamarack 100  (Read 6155 times)

the_huber_show

• Charter Member
  • The Skunk Master
Re: My Lifetime Tamarack 100
« Reply #25 on: January 08, 2019, 03:26:30 PM »

I like that set up!  Nicely done
Fishbrain: The_Huber_Show

SteelHorseCowboy

• Ultimate Basser
  • Baby Bass
« Reply #26 on: January 09, 2019, 06:29:58 AM »

I've been considering a sonar this tax return season, but I need to learn how to read the durn things.

Sent from my SM-G930U using Tapatalk

ItsJason

• Smallmouth
  • Baby Bass
« Reply #27 on: January 10, 2019, 07:38:10 PM »

I've been considering a sonar this tax return season, but I need to learn how to read the durn things.

Seems like a pretty nice sonar.
I actually went in expecting to buy a dragonfly, but was also wondering a lowrance. After playing with them all I left with the Garmin haha.
The dragonfly was nice and had navionics+, but 99% of the water I fish is uncharted/not on existing maps. You can create maps with that unit, but it seemed like a much more complicated procedure than the Garmin. The Garmin creates maps very easily, but doesn't come preloaded with any maps. But since I mostly fish uncharted water anyways, I couldn't really justify spending extra money for preloaded maps that will probably never be used.
The lowrance to me was an absolute mess. Wasn't intuitive at all and just switching between modes and screens was difficult and a disaster, specially compared to the other two.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

SteelHorseCowboy

• Ultimate Basser
  • Baby Bass
« Reply #28 on: January 11, 2019, 08:03:46 AM »

Like you, nearly every place I fish is uncharted. My opinion, that's one of the real beauties of kayak fishing!

Can you download maps for the Garmin? Some places I occasionally fish actually are charted.
Also, I really know nothing about these things, do the self generated maps show things like grass and stumps?

ItsJason

• Smallmouth
  • Baby Bass
« Reply #29 on: January 11, 2019, 04:07:03 PM »

Like you, nearly every place I fish is uncharted. My opinion, that's one of the real beauties of kayak fishing!

Can you download maps for the Garmin? Some places I occasionally fish actually are charted.
Also, I really know nothing about these things, do the self generated maps show things like grass and stumps?

No downloading anything with the Garmin. I do believe they make one with navionics+, but that's a $100 option if you want to use preexisting maps.
With mine, you can save up to 5,000 waypoints. It's got a bunch of symbols for them, and you can certainly save/create waypoints for stumps. I'm pretty sure they even have stump symbols (it had a bunch of symbols). Plus you can title a waypoint however you like. I know it had specific symbols for trees, laydowns, weeds, pads, etc. Even had symbols for boat launches, parks, beaches, parking lots, bathrooms, etc.
It says it will store 2 million acres of created maps with 5,000 waypoints which seems a ton to me.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

SteelHorseCowboy

• Ultimate Basser
  • Baby Bass
« Reply #30 on: January 12, 2019, 02:25:58 PM »

Holy cow that's a lot of info to build!
That could work out well for me, I'm just as happy to explore as I am to fish. I could paddle around all day poking buttons.

HJC84

• Charter Member
  • Love to Fish, Forced to Work
« Reply #31 on: March 16, 2019, 10:39:41 AM »

Nice looking setup. Curious as to how you did the seat upgrade? Can you set any seat you want on there or did you have to remove the old one, etc.? Im still looking for my first kayak, and I've heard of this one you have as being a great first one to start with.

SteelHorseCowboy

• Ultimate Basser
  • Baby Bass
« Reply #32 on: March 16, 2019, 06:05:11 PM »

Be sure to check into the Pescador Pro while you're shopping around. It's one of the ones I wanted, ended up getting a Magellan Origin 12 instead because of money. I love it, but the Pescador is wider and more stable, and has a seat you can sit in all day comfortably.

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Monster Fishing Tactle is the best place to buy your tackle needs Check them out online

When Bass Fishing Is More than Just a Hobby - Dobyns Rods

QUICK LINKS
UB Home
Main Forum
Welcome
Dock Talk
Techniques
Rods and Reels
Tackle Box
Catch of the Day
UB Contests
Tips and Ideas
Sponsor Connection
Fishing Reports
Charter Members Only
Bass Fishing Classified Ads
Boats 4 Sale

BECOME A
CHARTER MEMBER
SUPPORT UB

Find out about the contests before everyone else and know about the latest news first

Page Up

Page created in 0.083 seconds with 23 queries.