Ultimate Bass ULTIMATE BASS | BASS FISHING CLASSIFIED ADS | CONTACT US    

Bass Fishing information about bass boats, tackle, fishing rods, baitcasters and other reels all about bass fishing.
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

I am personally getting tired of spammers! We will be aggressively blocking IP addresses  from here on out. If you find yourself  blocked call 318-347-7380 and we will work to correct the issue. Thank you!

Page Down
FREE TACKLE EVERY WEEK

Bass Anglers Magazine - The Best bass fishing magazine on the rack! Subscribe Today and Catch More Bass

NuTech Lures

Doc Irv Custom Baits

Life Vantage

Get Bit Outdoors

X Zone Lures

Bass Anglers Magazine - The Best bass fishing magazine on the rack! Subscribe Today and Catch More Bass

Bass Boats For Sale Free Classified Ads

Laurie Cork
Ph. (318)347-7380
You can Email Me Here

Mike Cork
Ph. (318)560-9827

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Vexus Boats  (Read 1594 times)

loomisguy

• Lunker
  • Baby Bass
Vexus Boats
« on: March 11, 2018, 05:28:34 PM »

Ive seen a few teaser pics of the Vexus aluminium.  It looks like it has more of a conventional hull design .pretty sharp .
« Last Edit: March 11, 2018, 08:04:44 PM by loomisguy »

Lipripper

• LM Forum Staff
  • Chicago Illinois
Re: Vexus Boats
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2018, 05:32:34 PM »

Iseen a few teaser pics of the Vexus aluminium.  It looks like it has more of  conventional hull design .pretty sharp .
I saw the sneak preview on Face Book. Looks like a sharp boat.

Kats Rule And Bass Drool.Viet Nam Vet

Princeton_Man

• CM Community Diplomat
  • My Mission is goin' fishin'
    • J.Langridge
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2018, 05:54:53 PM »

I wonder if we'll see both aluminum and glass hulls in the Classic? That bronze aluminum that they've been teasing us with looks pretty sharp from what I could tell.
Stratos 285 XL Pro 150 Evinrude ETEC

Proud Member LSCR Club

Smallie_Stalker

• CM Community Diplomat
  • Good things come to those who bait !!!
« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2018, 06:05:20 PM »

They've got good marketing I'll say that much. They give you just enough of a look without being too detailed so it leaves you wanting more.
Supporting Companies: Abu Garcia  Berkley  Pflueger  Fenwick  Shakespeare  Spiderwire

loomisguy

• Lunker
  • Baby Bass
« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2018, 07:56:27 PM »

I've heard only the aluminum at the classic. But they have played it pretty close to the vest..
Could always be a surprise I guess. Looks like G2s on the promo boats.

Mike Cork

• Father Time
  • Admin
  • Get the Net it's a Hawg
    • Ultimate Bass
« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2018, 12:01:45 PM »

They said the glass version won't be ready, so I suspect it won't be there. Forrest has been doing this a long time and he'll have a huge media presence that knows its coming when he decides the time is right.
Fishing is more than just a hobby

Dobyns Rods - Monster Fishing Tackle
Cork's Reel Service

LgMouthGambler

• Ultimate Basser
  • Shimano, Daiwa, HawgTech, Dobyns, LSCR, Megabass
« Reply #6 on: March 12, 2018, 12:51:32 PM »

My wife says she is gonna leave me if I go fishing one more time........lord how I will miss that woman.

cojab

• Charter Member
« Reply #7 on: March 12, 2018, 02:38:35 PM »

The sneak peak and knowing the people behind this boat has me interested. I'm afraid it will be well beyond my means though. We'll see soon enough.
TTK has spoken.

coldfront

• Ultimate Basser
« Reply #8 on: March 12, 2018, 05:13:49 PM »

still deciding if I want to go to the show (only a little 5 hour drive after all).  it's a toss up between fishing saturday or heading to greenville saturday.

or I could just fish one day this weekend and h it the expo the 'other' day. 

if I get there, will look for the vexus folks.  love to talk aluminum boats.  want to see what this one's all about and get a feel for $$ or $$$$

Bassinlou

• CM Community Diplomat
  • Mr. Frogger
« Reply #9 on: March 12, 2018, 05:20:20 PM »

still deciding if I want to go to the show (only a little 5 hour drive after all).  it's a toss up between fishing saturday or heading to greenville saturday.

or I could just fish one day this weekend and h it the expo the 'other' day. 

if I get there, will look for the vexus folks.  love to talk aluminum boats.  want to see what this one's all about and get a feel for $$ or $$$$

Remember to take pics!!

They have marketed the heck out of this boat, and time will tell if they can hold their ground in the tin market. I have feeling they will.
Team 4 Community Diplomat
Forum Moderator for: Florida, Catch of the Day and Bank Fishing for Bass
Florida Bass Fishing Reports

coldfront

• Ultimate Basser
« Reply #10 on: March 12, 2018, 05:50:25 PM »

Remember to take pics!!

They have marketed the heck out of this boat, and time will tell if they can hold their ground in the tin market. I have feeling they will.

hate to say that I'm thinking of skipping a day on the lake for a day in the truck to go to the expo.

starting to wrap my head around a new boat with the ability to take a bigger engine.  My RT 178 with it's 75 opti is a GREAT little boat.  but man, would I love to be able to cruise at a speed closer to 50mph.  guess that's how it starts.

at any rate, interested in the boat and wanting to make some comparisons to the LUND 1875B (which can take a 200hp).

will absolutely take photos in event I get there.

Princeton_Man

• CM Community Diplomat
    • J.Langridge
« Reply #11 on: March 12, 2018, 06:14:57 PM »

If I were in the market today or in the near future for a new rig, I'd certainly be waiting to see what Vexus has to offer before deciding. If for no other reason than Forrest Wood's reputation.  I wonder how much of an impact the Vexus is having on future new boat sales for 2018?

Proud Member LSCR Club

Princeton_Man

• CM Community Diplomat
    • J.Langridge
« Reply #12 on: March 13, 2018, 08:13:44 AM »

Kind of what I thought I saw in some of the pictures.... “Glass-Infused Aluminum Hybrids” Going to be very interesting!

Proud Member LSCR Club

loomisguy

• Lunker
  • Baby Bass
« Reply #13 on: March 14, 2018, 05:30:36 AM »

Yes, I'm going to wait and see myself.. I fished a FLW event with one of the guys who is involved with the start up team and I was impressed with the guy.
  The pricing will be the wild card but heck, none of them are cheap.

coldfront

• Ultimate Basser
« Reply #14 on: March 14, 2018, 07:51:21 AM »

Yes, I'm going to wait and see myself.. I fished a FLW event with one of the guys who is involved with the start up team and I was impressed with the guy.
  The pricing will be the wild card but heck, none of them are cheap.

the key as always is 'similarly priced'

drop a big unit on the back (say 200 hp), upgrade to top line trolling motors, big screen (bow and console) sonar with SI, etc and it's tough not to spend more than a few $$.

figure $ 21K for a 200 merc, $2K for a MK Ultrex 112, $5K for two sonar units.  Before I add aluminum wheels, 4-bank charger, 4 batteries, customer cover, etc, I'm sitting on $28K.  Those costs would be similar regardless of what boat you put these things on.

hope to get the chance to visit with the guys this weekend.  I'm looking at a LUND 1875B and just building/pricing on line that's not a cheap boat.

then again, I also have a lot less worry over the fiberglass hull, etc as the rest of the boat is a bit more bulletproof.  I'd expect them to hold value even better than glass boats.

and yes, I am unappologetically a tinboat guy.

Wizard

• Ultimate Basser
  • Deep water angler on highland lakes
« Reply #15 on: March 14, 2018, 04:30:27 PM »

BPS built a all aluminum boat which supposedly looked and handled like a modern bass boat. I believe you could hang a 250 on the back. It wasn't cheap at around $22-25k. That was a decade ago. It was sold for only a short time so it obviously didn't appeal to anglers. If Forrest is involved, it is probably as the front man for the company. Hard to think he would start a new company himself at his age.
The video of the Vexxus looked good.

Wizard

coldfront

• Ultimate Basser
« Reply #16 on: March 14, 2018, 05:18:47 PM »

BPS built a all aluminum boat which supposedly looked and handled like a modern bass boat. I believe you could hang a 250 on the back. It wasn't cheap at around $22-25k. That was a decade ago. It was sold for only a short time so it obviously didn't appeal to anglers. If Forrest is involved, it is probably as the front man for the company. Hard to think he would start a new company himself at his age.
The video of the Vexxus looked good.

Wizard

took me a while but I found it:  the avalanche.  if I remember reading the literature on the boat I saw in springfield, they did a lot of 'new' things to build that boat and patented a number of them.

I always thought that it would suck to dent it.

Princeton_Man

• CM Community Diplomat
    • J.Langridge
« Reply #17 on: March 14, 2018, 05:45:40 PM »

I've seen almost every picture Vexus has released and early on I thought it looked like they were doing a hybrid hull but have never heard of it, so I thought it was just do to the combination of pictures.

Imagine for a minute, a heavy fiberglass lower hull with an aluminum top cap.  :-* It should have a very low center of gravity in the water, would allow a heavy tourney load, and scoot with a 150-175 motor.

Proud Member LSCR Club

loomisguy

• Lunker
  • Baby Bass
« Reply #18 on: March 16, 2018, 05:47:11 AM »

Just saw the pics , looks like 4 aluminum models to start with. Going to be interesting to see how the pricing compares to the Ranger tin boats.
 Really nice looking boat. The transom reminds of a Champion.

Oldfart9999

• Ultimate Basser
  • Baby Bass
« Reply #19 on: March 16, 2018, 06:45:08 AM »

There were a couple of the BPS Avalanches around here they looked nice and the owners said they handled well and really liked them. The had 150s on them, if memory serves they would take a 175.
Lund has had rigs that would take a 250 for over a decade, they're rigs are pricey but hold their value and are a very well built boat. Their new bass boats look very nice with a lot of things like storage and others that would normally come on a glass rig.
Rodney
Old Fishermen never die, their rods just go limp.

coldfront

• Ultimate Basser
« Reply #20 on: March 16, 2018, 07:04:22 AM »

There were a couple of the BPS Avalanches around here they looked nice and the owners said they handled well and really liked them. The had 150s on them, if memory serves they would take a 175.
Lund has had rigs that would take a 250 for over a decade, they're rigs are pricey but hold their value and are a very well built boat. Their new bass boats look very nice with a lot of things like storage and others that would normally come on a glass rig.
Rodney

Lund is first on my list for new boats.  and only reason I'm in the market, eventually, is I want to step up to a bigger outboard.  200hp 'feels' about right. 

have considered the Ranger P198, Xpress.  Crestliner makes a great boat.

but now that I'm getting older, with an older guys back, more of a vee-hull to cut some of the pounding down a bit (dang those big cruisers!   ~rant), the Lund and that style hull are starting to have a greater appeal.

Bassinlou

• CM Community Diplomat
  • Mr. Frogger
« Reply #21 on: March 16, 2018, 01:38:37 PM »

Just looked over the pics and watched the walk thru video of the new aluminum Vexus boats...  :o :o      Sa-weet boat!!

Princeton_Man

• CM Community Diplomat
    • J.Langridge
« Reply #22 on: March 16, 2018, 02:18:43 PM »

I love the size of the lockers. Unusually large by aluminum boat standards. I thought it was odd that other than the center rod locker, the lids didn't have gas springs/lift assists. They actually flopped against the rail.

Proud Member LSCR Club

Bassinlou

• CM Community Diplomat
  • Mr. Frogger
« Reply #23 on: March 16, 2018, 03:42:42 PM »

I love the size of the lockers. Unusually large by aluminum boat standards. I thought it was odd that other than the center rod locker, the lids didn't have gas springs/lift assists. They actually flopped against the rail.

Did you see the rear storage Jim? That's one of the biggest rear storage compartments I have seen on a tin boat.  :o

Princeton_Man

• CM Community Diplomat
    • J.Langridge
« Reply #24 on: March 16, 2018, 06:17:34 PM »

Did you see the rear storage Jim? That's one of the biggest rear storage compartments I have seen on a tin boat.  :o

There's definitely more cubic footage under those decks. The hull looks deeper from the console up to the bow.

Proud Member LSCR Club
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up

Monster Fishing Tactle is the best place to buy your tackle needs Check them out online

When Bass Fishing Is More than Just a Hobby - Dobyns Rods

QUICK LINKS
UB Home
Main Forum
Welcome
Dock Talk
Techniques
Rods and Reels
Tackle Box
Catch of the Day
UB Contests
Tips and Ideas
Sponsor Connection
Fishing Reports
Charter Members Only
Bass Fishing Classified Ads
Boats 4 Sale

BECOME A
CHARTER MEMBER
SUPPORT UB

Find out about the contests before everyone else and know about the latest news first

Page Up

Page created in 0.069 seconds with 24 queries.