Fishing line storage

Started by socal399, March 13, 2018, 03:54:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

socal399

Ok Ultimate Bass Guru's I am curious to know what's the best way you guys store all your bulk fishing lines? I found some good deals lately on fishing line and have been buying them up. I mean I can't pass up a great deal! (Darn Bait Monkey!!!) So please if your guys can list your,

1. Tips for storage
2. Ways you store it
3. Maybe some pics
4. Organizers
5. Etc.......
Weather it's Braid, Mono, or Floro. I just want to try to maximize the longevity of storing my lines and reduse the lines breaking down over time! As well as maximize the efficiency of the amount of time it takes to find the kind I want and spooling it up! I hope this all makes sense
I really appreciate any advice and tips you guys can give me!!!!! Thanks again Ultimate Bass Fam!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Defined by what you love to do not by what you have in life

LgMouthGambler

I have a couple plastic drawer units that I got from Walmart that I have all my fishing stuff in. I just have all my lines in one drawer. Just keep them out of the heat, and out of the sun and you are good,.
My wife says she is gonna leave me if I go fishing one more time........lord how I will miss that woman.

Lipripper

Like LMG said keep them out of the heat and out of the sun. One of them containers like LMG said would do good and story it in a cools spot.

Kats Rule And Bass Drool.Viet Nam Vet

cbburke

I just put them in my US .50 Caliber Ammo Box Can.

Heck, I got them long time ago for a great deal.

10 cans for 12 bucks. That guy had SOOOOOO Much when I made a visit to his house.
"The education of a man is never completed until he dies..."

D.W. Verts

Long term for bulk lines means in my fridge or a freezer.
Old School Bass Fishin' with D.W. Verts on YOUTUBE!
Solar Bat Sunglasses Pro Staff

LgMouthGambler

Quote from: D.W. Verts on March 13, 2018, 08:30:04 PM
Seriously?! Never heard of this. Why?

<")))>{

My wife says she is gonna leave me if I go fishing one more time........lord how I will miss that woman.

jfergus7

I have never heard of keeping them in the fridge of freezer.  I keep them in a few plastic tubs I picked up at Menards.  Thinking that I will consolidate them down to one or two bigger ones though. Starting to end up with way to many tubs and trays laying around the house everywhere.

twocold

DW never heard of the freezer thing either. What's the logic? I keep mine in plastic tubs

SteveTX

Guess I just dont have enough line. I have some spools that I keep in 2 of the plastic 1 gallon square tubs that ice cream came in. I dont have any of the big bulk spools.
I never heard of the freezer thing either for fishing line. That is where my welding rods are stored in a old frig.  ;)

Oldfart9999

Out of the sun and away from areas that get hot, sun and heat are bad news for line.
Rodney
Old Fishermen never die, their rods just go limp.

analfisherman

A large Cloeman Cooler in the Basement.
"Fishing isn't life or death... it's more important than that."

Lipripper

Quote from: D.W. Verts on March 13, 2018, 08:30:04 PM
I've never tried putting my spare line in the fridge or a freezer but I do put a lot of my spare plastics in there.

Kats Rule And Bass Drool.Viet Nam Vet

Smallie_Stalker

Air tight cooler in a cool dark closet. I learned a long time ago that odors from things like oil or cleaning supplies can get into your line and besides causing them to stink it can degrade the line too so that is the reason I use an air tight cooler and keep it isolated in a closet.
Dobyns Rods   Titan Tungsten   Abu Garcia  Berkley  Pflueger  Spiderwire

D.W. Verts

Really... Try it. Line lasts YEARS- remember I quit fishin' in 2001? Guess what- that line, some from the last CENTURY, is still soft, pliable and very fishable (see my pics).

I'm very surprised that ya'll have never done it. I'm heading over to the "Tips" section right now!
Old School Bass Fishin' with D.W. Verts on YOUTUBE!
Solar Bat Sunglasses Pro Staff

Kris

I keep my spare spools of line in a Rubbermaid Container in the bottom of my Craftsman locker. There are new spools and some that I use for leader material. All of it is good and most of it is probably 6 years old. The locker is in my garage under the house on the shady side btw.
Reservoir fishing in MD, Vietnam Vet, Retired
Ouachita 16' Model B, Minn Kota, Lowrance, Raymarine
Moderator - Maryland Fishing Reports and Chat