Ultimate Bass ULTIMATE BASS | BASS FISHING CLASSIFIED ADS | CONTACT US    

Bass Fishing information about bass boats, tackle, fishing rods, baitcasters and other reels all about bass fishing.
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

I am personally getting tired of spammers! We will be aggressively blocking IP addresses  from here on out. If you find yourself  blocked call 318-347-7380 and we will work to correct the issue. Thank you!

Page Down
FREE TACKLE EVERY WEEK

Bass Anglers Magazine - The Best bass fishing magazine on the rack! Subscribe Today and Catch More Bass

NuTech Lures

Doc Irv Custom Baits

Life Vantage

Get Bit Outdoors

X Zone Lures

Bass Anglers Magazine - The Best bass fishing magazine on the rack! Subscribe Today and Catch More Bass

Bass Boats For Sale Free Classified Ads

Laurie Cork
Ph. (318)347-7380
You can Email Me Here

Mike Cork
Ph. (318)560-9827

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Concept TX  (Read 744 times)

Marc4166

• UB Member
  • Baby Bass
Re: Concept TX
« Reply #25 on: March 16, 2018, 12:48:02 PM »

See I use Shimano and 13 fishing, so the line color is the only thing there is to worry about. no I get it.   lo lo lo

SteelHorseCowboy

• Ultimate Basser
  • Baby Bass
Re: Concept TX
« Reply #26 on: March 16, 2018, 02:09:02 PM »

Well ya'll, my first post on this forum I said that I had been lurking instead of posting, 'cuz my mouth short circuits from my brain.

And there's so many things that I COULD say- things that the old guys would get a kick out of, and the young 'uns would be pissed about, that I chose the careful, tongue-in-cheek formula that's worked all my life. Yup...

So, and this is just a question understand- do ya'll that like purty rods & reels & FISHIN' LINE (wow) also dress up to go fishin'? I don't mean weigh-ins, I mean just fishin'. Do you mess with your hair- a lot? I had a fishin' buddy like this once, and if we'd had designer tackle and lines and such he'd of bought 'em.

So, once again, in all of my fat boy Hickbilly wisdom, I have to say-

Really.

My FAVORITE reel... a 1978 4600C that's been everywhere with me. I fished with it today.

I'll bet some of ya'll looked away, dint ya!
I think it's beautiful.
I do like bling on certain things, and I do appreciate artistry in reels. But sometimes scars are proof of love. I think I've mentioned this with guns.

Here's a fine piece of work done by a fella who builds and customizes Ambassadeurs.

So, I used some red cajun line on my old black max once, thought it looked SWEET! Then quickly discovered cajun's worthless. That's the one and only time I've tried to match the line to my reel.
Since then, I couldn't give less of a crap about line color.

I'm even considering some ProCat braid on my cat fishing rig, which is sadly collecting far too much dust in the corner. Hmm. Black rod, plain aluminum side plates, florescent yellow looking braid... I know that'll clash, but the stuff is cheap from what I've seen and tough from what I've heard.
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Monster Fishing Tactle is the best place to buy your tackle needs Check them out online

When Bass Fishing Is More than Just a Hobby - Dobyns Rods

QUICK LINKS
UB Home
Main Forum
Welcome
Dock Talk
Techniques
Rods and Reels
Tackle Box
Catch of the Day
UB Contests
Tips and Ideas
Sponsor Connection
Fishing Reports
Charter Members Only
Bass Fishing Classified Ads
Boats 4 Sale

BECOME A
CHARTER MEMBER
SUPPORT UB

Find out about the contests before everyone else and know about the latest news first

Page Up

Page created in 0.057 seconds with 23 queries.