Concept TX

Started by Marc4166, March 14, 2018, 06:27:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Marc4166

Just got a new 13 fishing Concept TX. What color braid do you think goes with that sea foam color? I'm only using flouro as a leader.  Thanks!

Smallie_Stalker

I know of a fly line that is close to that color but not any braid, sorry.  Maybe some saltwater braids? Also, there are some companies in Asia that make braid in all kinds of weird colors so you never know. A little time with Google may find you your answer.

Let us know if you find anything. :-*
Dobyns Rods   Titan Tungsten   Abu Garcia  Berkley  Pflueger  Spiderwire

SFL BassHunter

Take a look at Kastking SuperPower braid. They have different colors and may have something similar.

Other than that you could put a white braid on there. That should look nice.

JBraid has an island blue color, maybe matches...
PB: 6lbs 5oz / 24.25 inches.
Rods/Reels Dobyns, 13 Fishing, Cabelas Arachnid, Daiwa Tatula CT, Tatula SVTW, Tatula Tactical, Tatula Type R
Florida Bass Fishing

Marc4166

thanks guys! I have Kastking in blue for my bait casters. looks good on my Curado's and the white Concept C but maybe not so much on the TX. I'll keep looking. SFL basshunter, I did come across white at some point. what makes the search even more difficult is I would prefer 8 strand...Well, I guess I'll keep searching.

side note: I'm planning on pairing my Concept C with a lime green fate black II rod, so I think lime green braid would look pretty cool.

D.W. Verts

Old School Bass Fishin', My Hickbilly Life, and Hickbilly Outdoors with D.W. Verts on YOUTUBE!
Solar Bat Sunglasses Pro Staff

Oldfart9999

Something tells me the fish really don't care about the color of a rod/reel combo. lo
Rodney
Old Fishermen never die, their rods just go limp.

LgMouthGambler

Well, if it goes overboard you should be able to see it on the bottom.  ~roflmao
My wife says she is gonna leave me if I go fishing one more time........lord how I will miss that woman.

SFL BassHunter

Quote from: Marc4166 on March 14, 2018, 09:43:29 PM
thanks guys! I have Kastking in blue for my bait casters. looks good on my Curado's and the white Concept C but maybe not so much on the TX. I'll keep looking. SFL basshunter, I did come across white at some point. what makes the search even more difficult is I would prefer 8 strand...Well, I guess I'll keep searching.

side note: I'm planning on pairing my Concept C with a lime green fate black II rod, so I think lime green braid would look pretty cool.

Lots of brands make white braid. Some call it "clear" but its white.
You should be able to find 8 strand.

Rods/Reels Dobyns, 13 Fishing, Cabelas Arachnid, Daiwa Tatula CT, Tatula SVTW, Tatula Tactical, Tatula Type R
Florida Bass Fishing

SteveTX

Quote from: D.W. Verts on March 15, 2018, 06:13:37 AM
Really.
I know your holding back. Come on tell us how you really feel.  ~roflmao I'm pretty much of the same thought unless I get lucky then its a bonus it looks good.

To the OP looking at the pic of the reel on 13 fishing website and this Blue Sougayilang Braided Fishing Line on Amazon they look very similar. However pictures are not always exactly as they are in real life. Also I dont know a damn thing about this line other than I think I read its 4 carrier. As far as actually catching a fish with it good luck but if it matches it will be purdy on the rod rack or hanging on a wall. 

Ill tell ya what you need on it is Black. It will pop since its already trimmed in black. Just my opinion it would be a lot easier to get the color you want since its hard to screw that color up even in China.

SFL BassHunter

Quote from: SteveTX on March 15, 2018, 09:10:17 AM
I know your holding back. Come on tell us how you really feel.  ~roflmao I'm pretty much of the same thought unless I get lucky then its a bonus it looks good.

To the OP looking at the pic of the reel on 13 fishing website and this Blue Sougayilang Braided Fishing Line on Amazon they look very similar. However pictures are not always exactly as they are in real life. Also I dont know a damn thing about this line other than I think I read its 4 carrier. As far as actually catching a fish with it good luck but if it matches it will be purdy on the rod rack or hanging on a wall. 

Ill tell ya what you need on it is Black. It will pop since its already trimmed in black. Just my opinion it would be a lot easier to get the color you want since its hard to screw that color up even in China.

Kastking makes black line. That's a good option.
Florida Bass Fishing

LgMouthGambler

Dont worry so much about the line color, its gonna fade anyways.
My wife says she is gonna leave me if I go fishing one more time........lord how I will miss that woman.

loomisguy

SteveTX

Quote from: LgMouthGambler on March 15, 2018, 10:07:06 AM
Dont worry so much about the line color, its gonna fade anyways.
Agreed but some people like it to look good so It's cool. It's their equipment.  ;D

LgMouthGambler

Quote from: SteveTX on March 15, 2018, 12:06:26 PM
Agreed but some people like it to look good so It's cool. It's their equipment.  ;D

I fall into that category  :'( Dang anal retentive  ~rant

SFL BassHunter

I need my rod and reel to match.
The line doesn't bother me.
Florida Bass Fishing

socal399

Quote from: SFL BassHunter on March 15, 2018, 01:08:46 PM
I need my rod and reel to match.
The line doesn't bother me.
X2

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Defined by what you love to do not by what you have in life

cbburke

Nothing is hotter than pink :)

"The education of a man is never completed until he dies..."

D.W. Verts

Well ya'll, my first post on this forum I said that I had been lurking instead of posting, 'cuz my mouth short circuits from my brain.

And there's so many things that I COULD say- things that the old guys would get a kick out of, and the young 'uns would be pissed about, that I chose the careful, tongue-in-cheek formula that's worked all my life. Yup...

So, and this is just a question understand- do ya'll that like purty rods & reels & FISHIN' LINE (wow) also dress up to go fishin'? I don't mean weigh-ins, I mean just fishin'. Do you mess with your hair- a lot? I had a fishin' buddy like this once, and if we'd had designer tackle and lines and such he'd of bought 'em.

So, once again, in all of my fat boy Hickbilly wisdom, I have to say-

Really.

My FAVORITE reel... a 1978 4600C that's been everywhere with me. I fished with it today.

I'll bet some of ya'll looked away, dint ya!

Old School Bass Fishin', My Hickbilly Life, and Hickbilly Outdoors with D.W. Verts on YOUTUBE!
Solar Bat Sunglasses Pro Staff

SteveTX

Dont know how people try and match the line to the reel much less the rod as well. I got kind a lucky this line looked pretty decent.

Not so lucky with this one  ~roflmao

cbburke

Quote from: D.W. Verts on March 15, 2018, 10:07:48 PM

My FAVORITE reel... a 1978 4600C that's been everywhere with me. I fished with it today.

Naa - Just know that reel has gone to many battles :)
"The education of a man is never completed until he dies..."

SFL BassHunter

I wear a hat. So no point in gettin my hair did. Lol
I do dress like a fisherman all the time though except for work.
My wardrobe consists of fishing shirts and more fishing shirts.
I do try to match though even when I go fishing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Florida Bass Fishing

Oldfart9999

Old Fishermen never die, their rods just go limp.

LgMouthGambler

Quote from: D.W. Verts on March 15, 2018, 10:07:48 PM
Well ya'll, my first post on this forum I said that I had been lurking instead of posting, 'cuz my mouth short circuits from my brain.

And there's so many things that I COULD say- things that the old guys would get a kick out of, and the young 'uns would be pissed about, that I chose the careful, tongue-in-cheek formula that's worked all my life. Yup...

So, and this is just a question understand- do ya'll that like purty rods & reels & FISHIN' LINE (wow) also dress up to go fishin'? I don't mean weigh-ins, I mean just fishin'. Do you mess with your hair- a lot? I had a fishin' buddy like this once, and if we'd had designer tackle and lines and such he'd of bought 'em.

So, once again, in all of my fat boy Hickbilly wisdom, I have to say-

Really.

Does this count as dressed up?

<")))>{

SteveTX

Quote from: LgMouthGambler on March 16, 2018, 08:20:03 AM

<")))>{
Only if your wearing shorts and claiming you need sun protection at the same time.  ::)

The year was 2016, all the sunblock lotions in the world disappeared and everyone started wearing masks and gloves.  ~roflmao

analfisherman

Quote from: LgMouthGambler on March 16, 2018, 08:20:03 AM

<")))>{

Well if NOTHING ELSE.........it let's you 'multi-task'.............
on the way home from fishing.........

.......YOU CAN ALWAYS STOP OFF AND HOLD UP THE LIQUOR STORE!  ;) 8) ;D

If you get chased.......simply jump into the nearest bushes.

I wear a similar outfit when I'm BAR hopping looking for girls.........doesn't work the best........BUT IT'S HARD TO PICK ME OUT OF THE POLICE LINE-UP LATER.......like I said.....great for MULTI-TASKING!  8) ;D
"Fishing isn't life or death... it's more important than that."