2018 UBCS Numbers

Started by Jared LeBlue, March 25, 2018, 10:23:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jared LeBlue

First and foremost Congratulations to TCTC for taking home the Club trophy. It was a close one but they pulled it off. Also Congratulations to John and Johnny of LJBC for coming back from 12th place and winning the team event with a 20 lb stringer on Sunday. They edged out Ron and Hubb who put together two good stringers on some some ough fishing for the Bend.

Day one started out rough as most the teams were forced to trailer because of the strong winds but even with the winds many teams were able to put together some good stringers. day two was better weather but proved to be a harder day of fishing for most but there were several teams that put some good stringers togther including a 18lb stringer from TCTC and a 20 lb stringer from LJBC.

As always we had a great time visiting with everyone. The food , company, and fishing were all great this year. If you haven't made one you need to try to get over here and fish one and if you think you live too far away, well Steve from Korea made this one. :shocking:

Here are the numbers:

We had 54 anglers hit the water this year
219 fish were brought to the scales with a total weight of 513.79 lbs
Big Bass of the tournament was 6.24 lbs
31 five fish limits were brought to the scales

Total club weight- TCTC 78.24    LJBC 75.09

Big Bass Saturday - Ron Fogelson 5.72
Big Bass Sunday -   John LeDoux  6.24

Team Weights :

1.  John and Johnny - LJBC -      30.87
2.  Ron and Hubb - TCTC-          30.52
3.  Brent and Bradshaw -TCTC -  27.31
4.  Trent and Corey - TCTC-        26.18
5.  John and Ryan - TCTC -        24.61
6.  Prentis and Prentis- TCTC -   24.24
7.  Wayne and Durham - TCTC-  22.36
8.  Laurie and Mike - TCTC -      22.34
9.  Jeff and Seth - LJBC -          22.00
10.Rideout - TCTC -                  21.89
11.Mark and Eudice - LJBC -     21.34
12.Jimmy and Lesley -LJBC -    20.42
13.Darrin and Bryce - LJBC -     18.96
14.Robert and Hunter - TCTC -   18.92
15.Jared and Susie - LJBC-         18.36
16.Austin and Shelbie LJBC-       17.74
17.Brad and Josh - TCTC-           17.62
18.Paul and Nick -TCTC-             17.54
19.Mike and Mark- LJBC-            17.44
20.Boo and Randal - LJBC-         17.37
21.Dwight and Chris - LJBC-      15.41
22. DJ and Jessie - LJBC -          14.44
23. Trev and Ty - LJBC -             14.05
24. Don and Carl - LJBC -           11.68
25. Kenneth and Steve - LJBC -   8.01
26.Dwight and Matthew - TCTC - 6.15
27.Sean and Tabby - TCTC -        2.66
Ardent Prostaff

Chip Harm

Congratulations to all those that fished this year, looks like the Bend was her normal self in the spring.  Some good fish and some rough weather.

A special congrats to the winners!!!
Chip

www.elitetungsten.com

BassBUFF

~c~ WTG folks! Congrats to John and Johnny for pulling that out in a squeaker! I hated missing this but duty calls. Hopefully it won't happen again next year....

And CONGRATS to TCTC for ANOTHER Club Win!! ~c~ ~c~ ;D ;D

Zuk

I'd like to start off by giving a big pat on the back to Lockjaw  ~c~ everyone in the club pulled their wieght in making this event what it was! A lot of work went in to this event and I'd like to give a special thanks to Jared and Jimmy for their hard work!  The first few of these tournaments were fun but after this many years they become special! My hats off to both teams, everyone fished hard to win this event. Congrats to TCTC on the win! I'm aready looking forward to the next one! LOCKJAW!

Mike Cork

First I'd like to give a special thanks to Bassinkorea, AKA BK, AKA Steve. He flew over from South Korea just to attend the 2018 UBCS. He said he had a great time, I hope he truly did. Thank you LJ for taking some time to feed him and tell stories. Thank You Silly Bass, AKA Ken, for keeping BK fishing for four days. I bet we don't see BK back for next year but he said he's coming back as soon as he can, cost him 3500 just in airfare  :shocking:

JARED, you need to send BK a plaque for farthest traveled to fish a UBCS ~bb ~bb

Yep.. There is a ton of work that goes on behind the scenes. Even for the non hosting club. But LockJaw was the host this year and Jared and the LockJaw crew, as ALWAYS, put on a great show with lots of fun, fellowship, and food!!! I have no idea other than I know Jared was always running around, Jimmy is always stirring something, and this year we got to see Mrs. Rattle Trap mixing up a few dishes as well. Oh and lets not forget get John is always standing around with a beer and pointing and almost looks like he's an important traffic type that keeps it all flowing in one direction but I don't really think so... Let's put it this way, when the rice on Friday Night wasn't right is was John's fault and he didn't touch it, maybe that's why :-\

Jared I know you're the boss so I'll say, you and everyone that helped you put on the 15th Annual UBCS did an outstanding job.

The fishing, yep it was tough for some, tougher for others. But if you look at the weights everyone caught some fish and I know everyone had a great time. In typical fashion though Toledo took the lives of a few batteries, trim switches, and livewell pumps, but SHE DIDN'T get a boat, trolling motor or lower unit this year so we win :toot:

I'm already excited for the next one and I always am. I wish I fished more with the LockJaw Crew but if we did then they might get on our nerves  ~roflmao Everyone watch the forum for the next dates, get your reservations early and lets get everyone in the same park this year. If there was anything I'd say was a draw back to this years event would be how spread out everyone was :'(

Long story short, Laurie and I had a great time, Lock Jaw did and awesome job, and once again TCTC proved their just isn't a club out there that can out fish them :toot:

Thank You everyone that came, it's because of you all that Laurie and I have such a great time!!!!

Fishing is more than just a hobby

Dobyns Rods - Monster Fishing Tackle
Cork's Reel Service

ʇuǝɹq™

Great times as always. I wasn't able to socialize very much this time around. I hate not getting to sit down and talk with everyone. I'm already looking forward to next year. Hopefully we put it back on Toledo Bend. I freaking love that place.

Brush Hawg

Brent I miss the days when we would change it up.  Maybe we could every five years or so.  I understand Toledo is halfway for all of us, but I would drive a couple hours farther to fish where you guys get to.  It's hard to justify the trip if there isn't an event (wife).  Either way it's my favorite event every year.  I miss some of the guys from your club that don't come anymore.  I'm thinking next year we should try to reach out to old members who aren't active anymore and invite them to come out anyway.  I'd love to see Papa, Trey, Chris, and etc.
LOCKJAW BASS CLUB
Well Hooked Bass Club
LSU TIGERS 1958, 2003, 2007, 2019 FOOTBALL NATIONAL CHAMPIONS

Lipripper

Thanks for the great report and glad that everyone had a great time and caught some nice fish also. ~c~ Jared thanks for all the hard work y'all did to make this thing what it was. I know I enjoyed the one I came to back in 2010  ~c~ ~c~ Congratulation to TCTC for your win and now y'all have a whole year to rub Lockjaws face in ir  lo lo Steve glad you had a great time and that everyone took care of you. I hope you can make it back again some day. Or it could be like my trip to Alaska a once in a lifetime thing I just had to experience

Kats Rule And Bass Drool.Viet Nam Vet

Mike Cork

Brush Hawg a reunion event might be a great idea :-*

Cork's Reel Service

NEthingwood

Had a great time this year and already looking forward to next year.  Congrats to the winners. I hope to see you all at the next one.
Got Wood
Tie One On

Donald Garner

Greetings to everyone,

Congrats to TCTC for the over all Team Win 78.24lbs  ~c~  Ron Fogelson for his Big Bass catch on Saturday a 5.72lber;  Lock Jaw; John LeDoux for his Big Bass catch on Sunday a 6.24lber. 

To the over all Team Winners Congrats on having a great tournament: 
John and Johnny from Lock Jaw with 30.87lbs.
Ron and Hubb from TCTC with 30.52lbs   

UBCS 2018 Toledo Bend Lake what an event.  Carl and I had another great time socializing with everyone.  I can't say enough about how great tasting both meals were.  Jimmy, Jared and John and the rest of Lock Jaw you guys are some amazing cooks and fisherman thank you for hosting this Great Event  ;)    A big thanks to all the sponsors that provided tackle and other items for the drawing on Saturday Night.  Those were some great gifts.

Steve Bell; Aka Bassinkorea; BK; it was a real pleasure to finally meet you in person.   I enjoyed the conversations we had over the weekend.  You have a pleasant flight back to South Korea. 

Belton Texas part of God's Country
Stratos 285 Pro XL Yamaha 150 VMax; Lowrance Hook 7 Electronics; Minn Kota Foretrex Trolling Motor

G3 1548 Alwed Jon boat Yamaha 25hp outboard 

7TCU

Had a great time again this year. My back and boat sure we're happy to see that slick water on sunday.

Mike Cork

Just to let everyone know BassinKorea just made it home safe about an hour ago ~c~

Cork's Reel Service

Jared LeBlue

Awesome. I really hope he enjoyed his trip to the US.
Ardent Prostaff

Mike Cork

Quote from: Jared LeBlue on March 27, 2018, 10:36:37 AM
Awesome. I really hope he enjoyed his trip to the US.

He did, I'm sure when he gets rested he'll make a post or two  :o

Cork's Reel Service

Lipripper

Quote from: Mike Cork on March 27, 2018, 10:21:58 AM
Just to let everyone know BassinKorea just made it home safe about an hour ago ~c~
Thanks for the update Mike and glad Steve made it home safe. ~c~ I would of said safe and sound but after spending a few days with them Lock Jaw guys he will never be the same again.  lo lo

Kats Rule And Bass Drool.Viet Nam Vet

Mike Cork

Cork's Reel Service

Bassinkorea

I am just going to say thank you to everyone. If I try to thank people individually I will end up missing someone and I don't want that.

Y'all (getting the accent right, lol) really made me feel right at home and part of the Shoot-out family. For me the fishing wasn't great, I guess those Toledo bass just didn't get my Korean fishing techniques, but my visit was not just about the fishing, but the whole experience.

I can truly say I had a great time and WILL be back at a future event, but not sure when. I wish I could make it every year, but it's just not possible.

Congrats to TCTC on the win, if only I had managed a couple more bass then LockJaw would have won   :surrender:

LockJaw sure know how to cook, I absolutely loved the food on Friday and Saturday evenings, even the squirrel stew on Thursday night was good  lo
2020 IBASS Gold - Zone 2 - AOY
2020 IBASS Classic - Winner
2020 IBASS Team Tourney - Winner (with FD)

Jared LeBlue

Squirrel cooked in a black pot on two car rims welded together over an open fire is just not something you going to get anywhere.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Ardent Prostaff

Jared LeBlue

Squirrel cooked in a black pot on two car rims welded together over an open fire is just not something you can get anywhere.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Ardent Prostaff

ʇuǝɹq™

Steve, I apologize for not meeting you. Staying 20 mins down the road hampered my ability to talk with everyone. I only got to talk to Donald for a just a couple mins, and Don I apologize for that as well.

Donald Garner

Brent, all is good brother.  Hopefully we'll get together on the next one.  Hope you had a safe trip back home.
Belton Texas part of God's Country
Stratos 285 Pro XL Yamaha 150 VMax; Lowrance Hook 7 Electronics; Minn Kota Foretrex Trolling Motor

G3 1548 Alwed Jon boat Yamaha 25hp outboard