Ultimate Bass ULTIMATE BASS | BASS FISHING CLASSIFIED ADS | CONTACT US    

Bass Fishing information about bass boats, tackle, fishing rods, baitcasters and other reels all about bass fishing.
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Thank you! Sorry about the wait...

Page Down
FREE TACKLE EVERY WEEK

Bass Anglers Magazine - The Best bass fishing magazine on the rack! Subscribe Today and Catch More Bass

NuTech Lures

Doc Irv Custom Baits

Life Vantage

Get Bit Outdoors

X Zone Lures

Bass Anglers Magazine - The Best bass fishing magazine on the rack! Subscribe Today and Catch More Bass

Bass Boats For Sale Free Classified Ads

Laurie Cork
Ph. (318)347-7380
You can Email Me Here

Mike Cork
Ph. (318)560-9827

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Fluoro vs Mono  (Read 1351 times)

D.W. Verts

• Charter Member
  • Baby Bass
Re: Fluoro vs Mono
« Reply #25 on: March 29, 2018, 10:15:22 PM »

Shades of David Fritts@!   :o

lo

but I get it.  you know it when you feel it.   ~rant

Same thing with a spinnerbait- you feel them take the water away from it. A huge deal when you're trying to figure out the bite...

It would drive many of us pure NUTS if we saw all the refusals, mouthings, etc. that happen to us on each and every outing.
I'm just lookin' for clues at the scene of the crime...

D.W. Verts

• Charter Member
  • Baby Bass
« Reply #26 on: March 29, 2018, 10:18:37 PM »

Some of my favorite bedding baits include white and bubblegum tubes, white lizards, and all kinds of florescent floating worms. Nothin' natural to any of that.

What was the topic again?
I'm just lookin' for clues at the scene of the crime...

Bassinkorea

• UB Nightshift
  • CM Chief Community Diplomat
  • UB for life - UB Life Member
« Reply #27 on: March 29, 2018, 11:04:08 PM »

see it?  probably.  that said, I use flouro for it's abrasion resistance and mono for some select topwater applications.

Same for me

WataugaLaker

• Smallmouth
  • Baby Bass
« Reply #28 on: March 30, 2018, 10:49:04 AM »

It has more to do with line density than anything. Everyone knows that mono floats and fluoro sinks so techniques that require a deep presentation like jigs, crankbaits, swimbaits and jerkbaits fluoro will be the best line. What I don't like about braid and fluoro leaders is that the braid will create a bow with the slack that floats on the surface.

redux

• Charter Member
  • Baby Bass
« Reply #29 on: April 08, 2018, 06:50:22 AM »

I've used a lot of lines, and I've settled on Yo-Zuri Hybrid for all my non-braid fishing. It is a good balance between the limpness/easy casting of mono and the abrasion resistance/low stretch of flouro. The only issue is that other than the first spool of it I found I have to order it online.

loomisguy

• Lunker
  • Baby Bass
« Reply #30 on: April 08, 2018, 07:46:46 AM »

Some of my favorite bedding baits include white and bubblegum tubes, white lizards, and all kinds of florescent floating worms. Nothin' natural to any of that.

What was the topic again?
That's for sure. I pick colors for bed fish based on what I can see. I don't think the fish care at all.

TheLastRodBender

• Bass Kickin and Lip Rippin
  • Charter Member
  • Check His Thumbs
    • My Facebook Page
« Reply #31 on: April 08, 2018, 08:02:52 AM »

What about the ones that don't think it's 'normal' but are territorial and prefer to eat alone........couldn't they strike something out of what we call 'anger' or instinctively just strike at anything they interpret as a threat?

I don't think a 'bedding' bass has ANY INCLINATION to 'eat' what comes near thier bed......BUT THEY DEFINITLY WILL STRIKE AT IT!

They certainly aren't hitting a BUZZBAIT because they think it appears like something they have eaten before......if so....what was it?

Could not agree more!!!!

To get to the original question... I've found myself going almost exclusively flouro.  The only rod in my rotation that doesn't have flouro are my topwater rod, and my punching / heavy jig rod, which both have heavy braid.  Regionally here we don't have the issue with it stiffening up, so I can't speak to that... but as far as sensitivity and it's ability to sink, it's just taken over as my preference for most applications. 
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Monster Fishing Tactle is the best place to buy your tackle needs Check them out online

When Bass Fishing Is More than Just a Hobby - Dobyns Rods

QUICK LINKS
UB Home
Main Forum
Welcome
Dock Talk
Techniques
Rods and Reels
Tackle Box
Catch of the Day
UB Contests
Tips and Ideas
Sponsor Connection
Fishing Reports
Charter Members Only
Bass Fishing Classified Ads
Boats 4 Sale

BECOME A
CHARTER MEMBER
SUPPORT UB

Find out about the contests before everyone else and know about the latest news first

Page Up

Page created in 0.091 seconds with 23 queries.