greetings from the south

Started by bigdogpc, March 29, 2018, 11:26:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bigdogpc

Old guy here.  I stand a wee bit taller than my hair and haven't done any bass fishing in 50 years or so.  I did fish Alligator Alley before and during its construction when the bucket mouths would practically jump in the boat with you.  The weedless purple worm was king and the fish were eaten, not released.  I joined here to try and play catch up and start fishing again.  This looks like a pretty good forum.
Gun control is being able to hit your target!

Princeton_Man

Stratos 285 XL Pro 150 Evinrude ETEC

Dobyns Rods - LSCR Club

Capt. BassinLou

Welcome to UB BigDog. Being that the Alley is one of my main fishing spots, I would love to hear stories of the alley in its earlier days. If you click on the link below, it will take you directly to the FL forums where you will meet the rest of the Florida crew. A few who fish the Alley like me.

http://www.ultimatebass.com/bass-fishing-forum/index.php?board=65.0

SFL BassHunter

Welcome to UB! This is the best place to catch up and learn. There's plenty of good info all over UB and the Florida Section as well. We have quite a few of us that fish the Alley.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
PB: 6lbs 5oz / 24.25 inches.
Rods/Reels Dobyns, 13 Fishing, Cabelas Arachnid, Daiwa Tatula CT, Tatula SVTW, Tatula Tactical, Tatula Type R
Florida Bass Fishing

Lipripper

and to Ultimate Bass and we are glad to have you here with us so make yourself right at  :)hsh: If you still live in Florida be sure to stop by there and get to know the folks down there lots of good folks who share fishing information and enjoy fishing as much as they can.  FL CHAT   and there are some older guys also so you will fit right in.  ;D Be sure to stop by the new members contest I sent you tha tlink to in the welcome PM I sent you and sign up for a chance to win some Mr Twister Baits and since your just getting started back into fish I'm sure you could use them.  ;D  Also be sure to check into this thread and answer a easy question for a chance to win a NuTech jig  NuTech Lure Giveaway 1 Apr 18 Welcome again and hope to see you around as much as you can be.

Kats Rule And Bass Drool.Viet Nam Vet

Captsteve

Welcome, UB is a wealth of information.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Steve
Headed for the Lake

Pacific NW Ron

Welcome to UB.  You will find a lot of information on UltimateBass and there are a lot of opinions available. The members on this forum will treat you like family. If you have a question about anything, just post it and you'll get lots of answers. If you have a hint or an idea we would love to hear it. If you have a fishing story to tell post it, we all love a good story. The great guys and gals on UB are all willing to help.
Ron
Enjoying retirement in the great Pacific Northwest.  I've turned into a fair weather angler.  Why do it today when I can do it tomorrow?

Donald Garner

bigdogpc

Welcome to the UltimateBass Family we're glad you're here  ~c~
Belton Texas part of God's Country
Stratos 285 Pro XL Yamaha 150 VMax; Lowrance Hook 7 Electronics; Minn Kota Foretrex Trolling Motor

G3 1548 Alwed Jon boat Yamaha 25hp outboard 

zippyduck

3rd place 2017 UB IBASS 377.75"
AOY 2018 IBASS Cool Casters  369.00"
AOY 2019 IBASS Cool Casters  362.50"

analfisherman

Welcome to the site!

It doesn't matter if you fished 50 years ago or just yesterday.
Fishing is a learning process in action.

If an angler is not learning.......he's missing bites.....plain and simple.
The Florida gang know thier waters better than I know my back yard.

PLUS....one of the biggest mistakes us YOUNG ANGLERS neglect is.....if it worked 50 years ago.......why would'nt it work today.
Often the 'old and true and tested' lures and presentations......have been forgotten and hence just may/probably will perform as good or even better than the 'NEWEST and GREATEST' over priced lure/bait that came out at last years Icast that hasn't even been on water tested by the 'hobby angler' even.
And WE are the best test of results.  ;) lo

So I look forward to learning right beside you and SOON YOU'LL be telling us what works or doesn't!

Again, WELCOME TO THE SITE!
"Fishing isn't life or death... it's more important than that."

Smallie_Stalker

Hey bigdog. Welcome to the Ultimate Bass family! Pleasure to have you with us. Pull up a chair, make yourself right at home and jump in wherever you feel comfortable. 

If you are interested in a little friendly competition for bragging rights only get in on our iBass tournament . You can find the rules here iBass Rules

We love pictures around here. Please feel free to post some pics of your catches anytime in our Catch of the Day board.

Would like to win some free gear from some of the great companies that sponsor our site? Be sure and put your name in for the New Member's Contest and the Weekly Contests .

Looking forward to seeing you around the boards and to learning from what you share with us.

In the meantime, if you need any help with anything at all please don't hesitate to contact me or any other staff member.

Once again, Welcome!

><> Smallie_Stalker  <><
Dobyns Rods   Titan Tungsten   Abu Garcia  Berkley  Pflueger  Spiderwire

bigdogpc

Thanks for the warm welcome!  I think this is going to be my kind of place!
Gun control is being able to hit your target!

Antrigen

Welcome! You are never to old to fish. I am in SW Florida and if I can be of any help just let me know.

SteveTX

D.W. Verts

You'll find yourself at home here.
Old School Bass Fishin' with D.W. Verts on YOUTUBE!
Solar Bat Sunglasses Pro Staff

Polaris425

Fishin' Alabama
Building Rods, & Snatchin' Lips.