Tested the new combo today

Started by Bud Kennedy, April 01, 2018, 06:49:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bud Kennedy

A few months ago the Mrs picked up a Shimano Nasci2500 and a Dobyns 663 Spinning rod.  I never put my hands on it until today.  I loaded the reel with 20# Power Pro and tied on a Senko with about 1/8oz bullet weight.  Just casting around the front yard for now but it seems like the combo is going to be a real good set up.  Obviously distance was very good and cast control also was very good.  I am not a spinning reel guy but I did like the overall performance of the reel.  The rod obviously did it's job as far as launching the bait choice and it seems to have a good amount of sensitivity but really can't tell until we get it on the water.  All in all I would say that the pairing of the two products is an excellent choice for her intended use which is soft plastics or maybe very small crank baits or maybe even an in line spinner bait.

Oldfart9999

Old Fishermen never die, their rods just go limp.

SteveTX

Captsteve

good deal

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Steve
Headed for the Lake

Pacific NW Ron

Glad it feels like it will work out for the intended usage.  Now go getum.
Enjoying retirement in the great Pacific Northwest.  I've turned into a fair weather angler.  Why do it today when I can do it tomorrow?

basss

I have two spinners in my collection ... freshwater collection.  My saltwater rods are all spinners.
1995 Gheenoe Highsider
2018 12' Bote HD Paddleboard

Mike Cork

Please keep us posted. I don't get to use the shorter rods much and I know there is a big call for them, it will be nice to have some solid review info :-*

Fishing is more than just a hobby

Dobyns Rods - Monster Fishing Tackle
Cork's Reel Service