Beer Braised Short Ribs

Started by Wizard, April 04, 2018, 01:58:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wizard

This recipe takes a little effort and a lot of cooking time. But, I've won two cooking awards with it and it tastes great. Remember to skim off the fat at the end of cooking.

Ingredients

.75 tsp. coarsely ground black peppe
1 tbsp. olive oil
1 onion, chopped
3 celery stalks, sliced
3 carrots, sliced
5 garlic cloves,sliced
2 (12 oz) bottles of lager beer
2 tbsp. worchestershire sauce
2 cups beef broth, divided
1.5 tbsp. flour
1lb. cooked egg noodles
1 small can tomato paste
2-3 lbs. short ribs
chopped parsley

Directions

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Sprinkle pepper on ribs. Heat oil in a Dutch or cast iron oven over medium heat. Add ribs and cook until browned on all sides. Remove ribs from oven reserving 1 tablespoon of oil in the oven. Saute onion, celery and carrots in hot oil for 5 minutes. Stir in garlic and tomato paste. Saute 2 minutes. Add beer, Worchesershire sauce and 1.5 cups of beef broth. Stir loose particles from bottom of oven.
Add ribs to oven and coat all sides with sauce. Bake covered for 3-3.5 hours or until tender.
Transfer ribs to serving dish. Skim grease from sauce. Whisk together .5 cup of broth and the flour. Bring sauce to a boil and add whisked broth and flour. Stir continuously until thickened.

Serve

Serve ribs over hot noodles and spoon sauce over it. Sprinkle on parsley. Serves 4 persons.

Lipripper

Kats Rule And Bass Drool.Viet Nam Vet

Oldfart9999

I've got bronchitis and am not hungry but i'd find a way to eat them!!! ~c~ ~c~ ~c~ ~c~
Rodney
Old Fishermen never die, their rods just go limp.

Pacific NW Ron

Sounds great.  You fix'em and we'll come. :-*
Enjoying retirement in the great Pacific Northwest.  I've turned into a fair weather angler.  Why do it today when I can do it tomorrow?

Donald Garner

Man that sounds great got my mouth watering  ~c~
Belton Texas part of God's Country
Stratos 285 Pro XL Yamaha 150 VMax; Lowrance Hook 7 Electronics; Minn Kota Foretrex Trolling Motor

G3 1548 Alwed Jon boat Yamaha 25hp outboard 

CraigP83

That looks great

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Capt. BassinLou