Ultimate Bass ULTIMATE BASS | BASS FISHING CLASSIFIED ADS | CONTACT US    

Bass Fishing information about bass boats, tackle, fishing rods, baitcasters and other reels all about bass fishing.
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

I am personally getting tired of spammers! We will be aggressively blocking IP addresses  from here on out. If you find yourself  blocked call 318-347-7380 and we will work to correct the issue. Thank you!

Page Down
FREE TACKLE EVERY WEEK

Bass Anglers Magazine - The Best bass fishing magazine on the rack! Subscribe Today and Catch More Bass

NuTech Lures

Doc Irv Custom Baits

Life Vantage

Get Bit Outdoors

X Zone Lures

Bass Anglers Magazine - The Best bass fishing magazine on the rack! Subscribe Today and Catch More Bass

Bass Boats For Sale Free Classified Ads

Laurie Cork
Ph. (318)347-7380
You can Email Me Here

Mike Cork
Ph. (318)560-9827

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: How durable is Lew’s and can you fish inshore with them?  (Read 264 times)

HookingDreams

• UB Member
  • Baby Bass
How durable is Lew’s and can you fish inshore with them?
« on: April 09, 2018, 04:35:43 PM »

I handled some lews reels today and really like the feel of them. See, i freshwater and saltwater fish and i cannot find if lews is salt water safe. This is making me lean towards Daiwa because know their reels are built for salt and fresh (and by the way, when i go saltwater fishing, afterwards i always wash off all my reels.)

Mike Cork

• Father Time
  • Admin
  • Get the Net it's a Hawg
    • Ultimate Bass
Re: How durable is Lew’s and can you fish inshore with them?
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2018, 04:46:47 PM »

Just curious which Daiwa reels are for salt and freshwater specifically?

I maintain a lot of folks reels that use them for both gulf red and trout fishing and bass fishing. The biggest thing is to keep them clean. Most of my customers are Shimano users though.

I would think Lews would be just fine, you might want to swap the bearings out to some of the complete ceramics just to make sure.  :-*
Fishing is more than just a hobby

Dobyns Rods - Monster Fishing Tackle
Cork's Reel Service

LgMouthGambler

• Ultimate Basser
  • Shimano, Daiwa, HawgTech, Dobyns, LSCR, Megabass
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2018, 07:38:42 PM »

Lews makes this inshore reel thats probably what you are looking for. Solid spool, and corrosion resistant bearings.

<")))>{

My wife says she is gonna leave me if I go fishing one more time........lord how I will miss that woman.

SFL BassHunter

• Charter Member
  • SFL BassHunter
« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2018, 09:39:20 AM »

Most manufacturers make an Inshore or Coastal version of their reels.

Just curious which Daiwa reels are for salt and freshwater specifically?

I maintain a lot of folks reels that use them for both gulf red and trout fishing and bass fishing. The biggest thing is to keep them clean. Most of my customers are Shimano users though.

I would think Lews would be just fine, you might want to swap the bearings out to some of the complete ceramics just to make sure.  :-*
Daiwa calls theirs Coastal.
For example the Aird Coastal. The Daiwa Coastal 200HS, but then they also have other reels not marketed as coastal that are saltwater safe. I think they make a Lexa 300 that is salt safe.

Like the lews pictured there, generally from what I have seen a reel with blue like this one is designated for saltwater safe with the exception of Shimano. Shimano doesn't play by those rules, lol they make you research and look at all their reels to see which one says Saltwater safe.
PB: 6lbs 5oz / 24.25 inches.
Rods/Reels Dobyns, 13 Fishing, Cabelas Arachnid, Daiwa Tatula CT, Tatula SVTW, Tatula Tactical, Tatula Type R
Florida Bass Fishing

Coonrod

• Smallmouth
  • Baby Bass
« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2018, 10:39:33 AM »

Similarly, I have an Abu Revo Inshore baitcaster.  Love that real, have caught more big bass then redfish on it.  I use it  in freshwater as my crankbait/spinnerbait/buzzbait setup.

Interestily, it does have blue crank handles and trim.

Pferox

• Life Member
  • Right on the Gulf Coast.
« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2018, 05:40:32 AM »

As long as there aren't any magnesium parts in the reel, just about any one can be used in Saltwater as long as they are cleaned after each trip and otherwise properly maintained.

None of my baitcasters that I use are inshore specific.
"If you think you are too small to be effective, you have never been in bed with a mosquito" - African Proverb.  Jim
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Monster Fishing Tactle is the best place to buy your tackle needs Check them out online

When Bass Fishing Is More than Just a Hobby - Dobyns Rods

QUICK LINKS
UB Home
Main Forum
Welcome
Dock Talk
Techniques
Rods and Reels
Tackle Box
Catch of the Day
UB Contests
Tips and Ideas
Sponsor Connection
Fishing Reports
Charter Members Only
Bass Fishing Classified Ads
Boats 4 Sale

BECOME A
CHARTER MEMBER
SUPPORT UB

Find out about the contests before everyone else and know about the latest news first

Page Up

Page created in 0.065 seconds with 23 queries.