Ultimate Bass ULTIMATE BASS | BASS FISHING CLASSIFIED ADS | CONTACT US    

Bass Fishing information about bass boats, tackle, fishing rods, baitcasters and other reels all about bass fishing.
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

I am personally getting tired of spammers! We will be aggressively blocking IP addresses  from here on out. If you find yourself  blocked call 318-347-7380 and we will work to correct the issue. Thank you!

Page Down
FREE TACKLE EVERY WEEK

Bass Anglers Magazine - The Best bass fishing magazine on the rack! Subscribe Today and Catch More Bass

NuTech Lures

Doc Irv Custom Baits

Life Vantage

Get Bit Outdoors

X Zone Lures

Bass Anglers Magazine - The Best bass fishing magazine on the rack! Subscribe Today and Catch More Bass

Bass Boats For Sale Free Classified Ads

Laurie Cork
Ph. (318)347-7380
You can Email Me Here

Mike Cork
Ph. (318)560-9827

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Hello from Temple, TX  (Read 168 times)

deepiper

• UB Member
  • Baby Bass
Hello from Temple, TX
« on: April 15, 2018, 04:25:53 PM »

New guy here from Temple, TX. Howdy everyone. Found this site from reading fishing rod reviews. Always enjoy finding new fishing and outdoor forums. Been fishing off and on my whole life, mostly though for panfish with nightcrawlers, crickets, minnows, whatever. Bass fished some but never was good with lures, soft plastics, anything. My father was a bass fisherman who caught more big bass than anyone I know, other than the pro's on TV IE Bill Dance, Roland Martin, or whoever. His thing was soft plastics. He loved fishing plastic worms. Caught tons of bass on them. Now that his bass fishing days are pretty much behind him, I have a lot of his old fishing tackle. Literally bags and bags of soft plastics and lures in my garage. Last summer I challenged myself to catch more panfish on lures or artificial baits. Found a couple of things that worked for me, panfish magnets and Berkeley Gulp nightcrawlers. So earlier this year I challenged myself again to become better at bass fishing. Started off with fishing mojo rigs with 4" Yum Dingers. Caught alot of nice bass that way. Then decided since I had never caught a bass with hard plastic lures I would work on that. Got a couple of KVD Shallow Runner 1.5's and caught a few on those. And the addiction continues. God bless, Dee.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2018, 07:43:36 PM by deepiper »

Lipripper

• Chicago Illinois
Re: Hello from Temple, TX
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2018, 04:37:21 PM »

Dee and to Ultimate Bass and we are glad to have you here with us so make yourself right at  :)hsh: here is always room for another Texican around here . ;D We would love to see some fishing report with all them big fish your going to be catching down there so stop by here and drop one off with  ;PHO) after a day on the water.  Texas Bass Fishing Reports and sounds like you have lots of stuff to fish with but if you would like a chance to win some Mr Twister baits stop by here and sing up  New Members Contest  If you have any question don't be afraid to ask cause we love helping each other out around here.  :)

Kats Rule And Bass Drool.Viet Nam Vet

D.W. Verts

• Charter Member
  • Baby Bass
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2018, 04:49:20 PM »

Great story, Dee for sure. Hope you dig it here.
Just an old, broke-down bass fisherman.

zippyduck

• Charter Member
  • Daiwa, LSCR, Dobyns, Nutech, Keitech, Yamamoto
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2018, 05:30:02 PM »

Dee,

Welcome to UB and our addiction!!!!

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

3rd place 2017 UB IBASS 377.75"

Captsteve

• Charter Member
  • Captain on Watch
« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2018, 06:12:51 PM »

Welcome, we need more Texans on here. I'm trying to learn myself. So we have that in common also.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Steve
Headed for the Lake

Pacific NW Ron

• Ultimate Basser
  • (425)299-1861
« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2018, 06:25:53 PM »

Welcome to UB.  You will find a lot of information on UltimateBass and there are a lot of opinions available. The members on this forum will treat you like family. If you have a question about anything, just post it and you’ll get lots of answers. If you have a hint or an idea we would love to hear it. If you have a fishing story to tell post it, we all love a good story. The great guys and gals on UB are all willing to help.
Ron
Enjoying retirement in the great Pacific Northwest.  Why do it today when I can do it tomorrow?

Donald Garner

• LM Forum Staff
  • B.A.S.S. Life Member / LSCR Club Member
« Reply #6 on: April 15, 2018, 08:17:23 PM »

Dee,

Welcome to the UltimateBass Family we're glad you're here  ~c~

Where do you live at in Temple?  I live over in Belton off a Sparta Rd and Waterworks.

Do you fish Stillhouse or Belton Lake much?  Have you ever fished over on Ft. Hood?
Belton Texas part of God's Country
Stratos 285 Pro XL Yamaha 150 VMax

Princeton_Man

• CM Community Diplomat
  • My Mission is goin' fishin'
    • J.Langridge
« Reply #7 on: April 16, 2018, 07:58:40 AM »

Welcome aboard! ~c~
Stratos 285 XL Pro 150 Evinrude ETEC

Proud Member LSCR Club

Smallie_Stalker

• Good things come to those who bait !!!
« Reply #8 on: April 16, 2018, 03:26:37 PM »

Hey Dee. Welcome to the Ultimate Bass family! Pleasure to have you with us. Pull up a chair, make yourself right at home and jump in wherever you feel comfortable.  

If you are interested in a little friendly competition for bragging rights only get in on our iBass tournament . You can find the rules here iBass Rules

We love pictures around here. Please feel free to post some pics of your catches anytime in our Catch of the Day board.

Would like to win some free gear from some of the great companies that sponsor our site? Be sure and put your name in for the New Member’s Contest and the Weekly Contests .

Looking forward to seeing you around the boards and to learning from what you share with us.

In the meantime, if you need any help with anything at all please don't hesitate to contact me or any other staff member.

Once again, Welcome!

><> Smallie_Stalker  <><

Sent from my LG-H932 (LG V30 Plus) using Tapatalk

Supporting Companies: Abu Garcia  Berkley  Pflueger  Fenwick  Shakespeare  Spiderwire

deepiper

• UB Member
  • Baby Bass
« Reply #9 on: April 16, 2018, 07:35:55 PM »

Dee,

Welcome to the UltimateBass Family we're glad you're here  ~c~

Where do you live at in Temple?  I live over in Belton off a Sparta Rd and Waterworks.

Do you fish Stillhouse or Belton Lake much?  Have you ever fished over on Ft. Hood?

I live over in Temple off 5th street in the neighborhood across from the water park, Echo Village. Never have fished Stillhouse or Lake Belton. Well I take that back I have a buddy that lives in Morgans Point Resort near Lake Belton and I fished for an hour or so off the bank near his house. Didn't catch anything. I fish mostly at the lake behind where I work at the VA in Temple. Never have fished Fort Hood either but I understand there's alot of lakes that are stocked with bass there too. I have fished a good bit also near the Hwy 36 bridge.

Donald Garner

• LM Forum Staff
  • B.A.S.S. Life Member / LSCR Club Member
« Reply #10 on: April 16, 2018, 07:47:17 PM »

Dee,

I'm going to be busy with my kids coming in from Alaska here these next couple weeks.  Once their visit is over with I'll give you a holler.  We'll get you out on Belton and Stillhouse and see if we can't catch a fish or too.

If you are interested in Fishing on Ft. Hood I'll take you over to the Sportsman Center.  We can get you a post fishing license and you'll have access to all the lakes over there.

I'll be in touch.

Don
Belton Texas part of God's Country
Stratos 285 Pro XL Yamaha 150 VMax

SteveTX

• Charter Member
  • IBASS 2017 4th place 374.50"
« Reply #11 on: April 22, 2018, 11:12:02 PM »

Welcome to UltimateBass.
UltimateBass Free Bass Fishing Tourney (IBASS) is for everyone!
Just make an account at UltimateBass.com and follow these simple rules found here
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Monster Fishing Tactle is the best place to buy your tackle needs Check them out online

When Bass Fishing Is More than Just a Hobby - Dobyns Rods

QUICK LINKS
UB Home
Main Forum
Welcome
Dock Talk
Techniques
Rods and Reels
Tackle Box
Catch of the Day
UB Contests
Tips and Ideas
Sponsor Connection
Fishing Reports
Charter Members Only
Bass Fishing Classified Ads
Boats 4 Sale

BECOME A
CHARTER MEMBER
SUPPORT UB

Find out about the contests before everyone else and know about the latest news first

Page Up

Page created in 0.067 seconds with 36 queries.