Ultimate Bass ULTIMATE BASS | BASS FISHING CLASSIFIED ADS | CONTACT US    

Bass Fishing information about bass boats, tackle, fishing rods, baitcasters and other reels all about bass fishing.
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

I am personally getting tired of spammers! We will be aggressively blocking IP addresses  from here on out. If you find yourself  blocked call 318-347-7380 and we will work to correct the issue. Thank you!

Page Down
FREE TACKLE EVERY WEEK

Bass Anglers Magazine - The Best bass fishing magazine on the rack! Subscribe Today and Catch More Bass

NuTech Lures

Doc Irv Custom Baits

Life Vantage

Get Bit Outdoors

X Zone Lures

Bass Anglers Magazine - The Best bass fishing magazine on the rack! Subscribe Today and Catch More Bass

Bass Boats For Sale Free Classified Ads

Laurie Cork
Ph. (318)347-7380
You can Email Me Here

Mike Cork
Ph. (318)560-9827

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Time to get the boat dirty  (Read 127 times)

Bud Kennedy

• Charter Member
  • PFD's and KILL SWITCHES SAVE LIVES
Time to get the boat dirty
« on: April 16, 2018, 01:17:15 PM »

The time has come.  There is no more I am going to do with the boat for a while and that only means one thing.   It is time to go bass fishing.

With the first outing just days away I am already experiencing bouts of anxiety and anticipation just thinking about going to the river.  Although this is something that I have done a thousand times in my life the anticipation factor is causing butterflies deep down inside.  I find myself constantly checking the weather and tide charts and then pacing the floor knowing full well that everything will be ok.  Canít believe I even worry about getting the new carpet dirty or the new trailer dirty.  Of course they are going to get dirty thatís why we go fishing.  I imagine some dirty slimy old mudfish or catfish being brought on to the boat.  All of this is really a stupid thing to worry about.  Oh yeah how about some dirt and grime from your shoes.  For crying out loud how anal can I get?    Or better yet, how about dropping a cigarette on the carpet and leaving a burn spot.  These are truly horrors that have never bothered me in the past.  All in all the whole deal is really funny when you think about it.

This will be the first outing of the season and will most likely be a replay of a scene from the odd couple.  Between the wife and myself we just need to decide who is gonna be Felix and who is gonna be Oscar.

If I had to equate this upcoming event to something else it would be best described as the first time you take your prized LSCR to the lake.  After a few times it becomes a normal thing but at first you worry about getting the rod dirty or breaking something.  Hells Bells, this is why we buy this stuff.  It does not do us any good if we donít use it.

Now if you can only imagine what will happen after the first outing.  The clean up will probably be another exercise to be remembered.

Lipripper

• LM Forum Staff
  • Chicago Illinois
Re: Time to get the boat dirty
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2018, 01:22:20 PM »

I know how you feel Bud and good luck to y'all on your first trip out this year. I'm watching the weather and planing my yearly fishing trip down to Lake Shelbyville to fish with my brother John from his boat. He's going to call me when it get a little warmer down there and I will throw everything in the van and be on the road in less that half an hour. I can't wait.

Kats Rule And Bass Drool.Viet Nam Vet

Pacific NW Ron

• Ultimate Basser
  • (425)299-1861
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2018, 05:46:03 PM »

Good luck on your first outing in your refurbished boat.  I'm sure all your worries will be just fine.  I think all these are things all of us worry about with anything new we get.  We worry about the first scratch, dent, stain etc. knowing in time that all these will happen.
Enjoying retirement in the great Pacific Northwest.  Why do it today when I can do it tomorrow?

Donald Garner

• LM Forum Staff
  • B.A.S.S. Life Member / LSCR Club Member
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2018, 07:51:24 PM »

Tight Lines for you and the wife.  Buddy let that Ranger Run  ;)
Belton Texas part of God's Country
Stratos 285 Pro XL Yamaha 150 VMax

Captsteve

• Charter Member
  • Captain on Watch
« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2018, 08:18:46 PM »

relax and enjoy

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Steve
Headed for the Lake

Oldfart9999

• Ultimate Basser
  • Baby Bass
« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2018, 06:24:15 AM »

Another case of spring fever!!! Bud it'll be fine!!! Carry one of those garden spray bottles full of clean water and a couple towels for when you come off the water if you must but GET THE BOAT WET!!!
Rodney
Old Fishermen never die, their rods just go limp.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Monster Fishing Tactle is the best place to buy your tackle needs Check them out online

When Bass Fishing Is More than Just a Hobby - Dobyns Rods

QUICK LINKS
UB Home
Main Forum
Welcome
Dock Talk
Techniques
Rods and Reels
Tackle Box
Catch of the Day
UB Contests
Tips and Ideas
Sponsor Connection
Fishing Reports
Charter Members Only
Bass Fishing Classified Ads
Boats 4 Sale

BECOME A
CHARTER MEMBER
SUPPORT UB

Find out about the contests before everyone else and know about the latest news first

Page Up

Page created in 0.06 seconds with 23 queries.