Great News from Ranger Boats

Started by Bud Kennedy, April 26, 2018, 11:03:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bud Kennedy

Ranger has advised their intention to completely replace the cover that I recently bought.  There were elements of the cover that just did not fit properly.  After sending pictures to them, I have been contacted by the supervisor of the group that makes the covers requesting additional information and request that I take a few more pictures of my last cover and the new cover just to be sure they get the new one correct. 

Ranger acknowledges that my new cover is indeed incorrect from multiple points and could not have been more gracious and embarrassed that they delivered this product in this condition.  When they send the new cover they will provide a return label so I can send back the bad cover.  I guess Ranger still cares about getting things right one boat at a time.

2112BCS

Lipripper

Kats Rule And Bass Drool.Viet Nam Vet

Oldfart9999

Excellent customer srevice!!! ~c~ ~c~ ~c~
Rodney
Old Fishermen never die, their rods just go limp.

Mike Cork

That's awesome  ~c~ Much better than the trailer answer you got LOL

My father is a ranger boat's guy through and through, and he has never had anything but impeccable customer service with them.

Fishing is more than just a hobby

Dobyns Rods - Monster Fishing Tackle
Cork's Reel Service

Bud Kennedy

Quote from: Mike Cork on April 26, 2018, 12:50:00 PM
That's awesome  ~c~ Much better than the trailer answer you got LOL

My father is a ranger boat's guy through and through, and he has never had anything but impeccable customer service with them.

Mike it is interesting that you would mention the trailer.  I have been contacted by several folks from Ranger and I told one guy the trailer story this morning.  He was shocked that someone would tell me that they would not make a trailer for me and told me that he would arrange to have a trailer made for me right away but now he knows I already took care of it.  He noticed that I had a new trailer and asked for some pictures and then called back to let me know that I did good with the custom trailer I had built.  So it seems like the person that told me no was not authorized to do so.  Oh well, it turned out just fine and my new trailer is truly special and definitely a better trailer than I would have got from ranger. 

I too have only had great service from Ranger up until the trailer deal.  I guess that is what I get for pre judging the results of the new owners.  It seems like the tradition of service is still on their plate.

Princeton_Man

Sounds great Bud!

I guess I'm a little surprised that they don't have patterns for many Ranger boats they've made covers for over the years.
Stratos 285 XL Pro 150 Evinrude ETEC

Dobyns Rods - LSCR Club

Bud Kennedy

Ranger has confirmed receipt of the pictures and advises the new cover will ship by the end of next week.  Can't ask for better than that.   ~c~

Wizard

Sometimes a change in ownership is a good thing for the consumer. I think they are trying to correct some problems and repair Ranger's image caused by a previous owner.

Wizard

Bud Kennedy

Quote from: Princeton_Man on April 26, 2018, 01:47:00 PM
Sounds great Bud!

I guess I'm a little surprised that they don't have patterns for many Ranger boats they've made covers for over the years.

Jim they do have many patterns but it seems like they need some clean up with regards to past modifications.  The tended to rely on long time employees to get the job done and currently their workforce is not always as experienced as they like.  To me that is more of a supervision issue.  I guess they won't be ISO 9000 certified anytime soon.   LOL

All of the patterns for the older models like mine are not computer documented.  These vintage covers are all hand cut and hand sewn.  So I guess errors can happen if controls are not in place.

Captsteve

that's great I'm glad their customer service is coming through for you.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Steve
Headed for the Lake

Bud Kennedy

Ranger cut out the new cover on last Friday and the sewing is taking place today.  With a little luck it will ship by mid week and we might get lucky and have it here by Friday at the earliest.  I really appreciate that they are expediting this as much as possible.

3deez

do you happen to have a Fortrex? some boats come with covers that fit with a Motorguide but won't with the Fortrex because of how high it sits. Crestliner makes two different covers for the PT line. one for MG and one for the Fortrex.
2017 Crestliner PT18 Mercury 150 hp Pro XS
Minn Kota 80lb Fortrex
10' Talon

Bud Kennedy

I have Motorguide.  The Ranger covers are mostly custom made and they have an order form that asks about the type of trolling motor, types of ladders, what motor etc.  The cover is then created for those options based on the Hull Serial number.  They only build covers for Ranger, Triton and Stratos.

Bud Kennedy

The replacement Ranger Travel Cover was whipped on May 2nd.  Should be here on Friday or Saturday.  Special thanks to Lisa at Ranger for making this happen so quickly.