Previous topic - Next topic

Pacific NW Ron

WDFW FISHING RULE CHANGE   
Washington Department of Fish and Wildlife
600 Capitol Way North, Olympia, WA 98501-1091
http://wdfw.wa.gov

April 27, 2018

Icicle River will not open for spring chinook fishing

Action: Close the Icicle River to salmon fishing.

Effective date: May 15 through July 31, 2018.

Species affected: Hatchery spring chinook salmon.

Effective Locations: Icicle River (Chelan County).
• From the closure signs located 800 feet upstream of the mouth to 500 feet downstream of the Leavenworth National Fish Hatchery Barrier Dam.
• From the shoreline markers where Cyo Road intersects the Icicle River at the Sleeping Lady Resort to the Icicle Peshastin Irrigation Footbridge (approximately 750 feet upstream of the Snow Lakes trailhead parking area).

Reason for action: The number of spring chinook estimated to return to the Icicle River is barely enough to meet broodstock needs (1,000 spawners) at the Leavenworth National Fish Hatchery. To avoid a potential broodstock shortage and/or reduced hatchery release in 2019 it is necessary to close the fishery at this time.

WDFW will monitor spring chinook salmon returns to the Icicle River and open the season if numbers improve and broodstock collection goals are met.

Information contact: Travis Maitland, District 7 fish biologist, (509) 665-3337; Chad Jackson, Region 2 Fish Program manager, (509) 754-4624 ext. 250.
Enjoying retirement in the great Pacific Northwest.  I've turned into a fair weather angler.  Why do it today when I can do it tomorrow?

Lipripper

:'( Wonder why they don't have enough Salmon returning to this river?

Kats Rule And Bass Drool.Viet Nam Vet

Pacific NW Ron

Indian rights?  Just saying.  Could be seals or warmer ocean or maybe just bad management.  Closing hatchery's doesn't help either.
Enjoying retirement in the great Pacific Northwest.  I've turned into a fair weather angler.  Why do it today when I can do it tomorrow?