Results from April 28 Borderline Bassin' Contenders Lake Whatcom Spring Open

Started by Pacific NW Ron, May 01, 2018, 08:48:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pacific NW Ron

Matt Krumdiak and Tag Watson took first place April 28 at Borderline Bassin' Contenders' annual Lake Whatcom Spring Open tournament.

Matt Johnson and Trevor Radach took a close second with 20.08 pounds.
Jason Dempsey and Bill Smith took third with 19.76 pounds.
Big fish honors were shared by the teams of Griffin Korby and Zack Nolan, and Sun Butma and Choi Butma with fish of 5.06 pounds.
1. Matt Krumdiak/Tag Watson 20.12 lbs
2. Matt Johnson/Trevor Radach 20.08 lbs
3. Jason Dempsey/Bill Smith 19.76 lbs
4. Griffin Korby/Zack Nolan 19.56 lbs Big Fish Tie 5.06 lbs
5. Sun Butma/Choi Butma 19.18 lbs Big Fish Tie 5.06 lbs
6. Thongpun But/Aet But 19.01 lbs
7. Joel Alinen/Justin Joshnson 18.12 lbs
8. Robert Mann/David Parnicky 17.74 lbs
9. Marvin Florence/Shane Bass 17.32 lbs
10. David Attwood/Brandon 16.76 lbs
11. Kyle Linderman/Robert Gray 16.40 lbs
12. Brandon Thomas/Bill Ducker 16.10 lbs
13. Allen Rasmussen/Dwane Hobson 12.52 lbs
14. Russ Avery/Travis Avery 11.78 lbs
15. Roy Hawes/Troy Roberts - 11.36 lbs
16. Dan Christoff 8.78 lbs
17. John Minica/Nick Haley - DNW
17. Rod Holmes/Devin Holmes - DNW
17. Mike Snoose/Dan Haddrell - DNW
17. Bob Johnson/Lisa Johnson - DNW
Enjoying retirement in the great Pacific Northwest.  I've turned into a fair weather angler.  Why do it today when I can do it tomorrow?

Mike Cork

Thanks for sharing these Ron, I enjoy seeing how the NW is going and tournaments are a great sampling.

Fishing is more than just a hobby

Dobyns Rods - Monster Fishing Tackle
Cork's Reel Service

cport

Quote from: Pacific NW Ron on May 01, 2018, 08:48:41 PM
Matt Krumdiak and Tag Watson took first place April 28 at Borderline Bassin' Contenders' annual Lake Whatcom Spring Open tournament.

Matt Johnson and Trevor Radach took a close second with 20.08 pounds.
Jason Dempsey and Bill Smith took third with 19.76 pounds.
Big fish honors were shared by the teams of Griffin Korby and Zack Nolan, and Sun Butma and Choi Butma with fish of 5.06 pounds.
1. Matt Krumdiak/Tag Watson 20.12 lbs
2. Matt Johnson/Trevor Radach 20.08 lbs
3. Jason Dempsey/Bill Smith 19.76 lbs
4. Griffin Korby/Zack Nolan 19.56 lbs Big Fish Tie 5.06 lbs
5. Sun Butma/Choi Butma 19.18 lbs Big Fish Tie 5.06 lbs
6. Thongpun But/Aet But 19.01 lbs
7. Joel Alinen/Justin Joshnson 18.12 lbs
8. Robert Mann/David Parnicky 17.74 lbs
9. Marvin Florence/Shane Bass 17.32 lbs
10. David Attwood/Brandon 16.76 lbs
11. Kyle Linderman/Robert Gray 16.40 lbs
12. Brandon Thomas/Bill Ducker 16.10 lbs
13. Allen Rasmussen/Dwane Hobson 12.52 lbs
14. Russ Avery/Travis Avery 11.78 lbs
15. Roy Hawes/Troy Roberts - 11.36 lbs
16. Dan Christoff 8.78 lbs
17. John Minica/Nick Haley - DNW
17. Rod Holmes/Devin Holmes - DNW
17. Mike Snoose/Dan Haddrell - DNW
17. Bob Johnson/Lisa Johnson - DNW

Man, thats an awesome average weight for bronze backs.
11lb 2 oz PB 🎣

Pacific NW Ron

Lake Whatcom is a great smallmouth fishery.  It's one of the best in the area.  It's a long deep lake in a valley in the mountains and conditions can get real bad in a hurry.  Have to watch the weather if you're running a ways.
I've never fished it, yet.  It's only about 30 miles away but lots of other good lakes closer by.  Maybe now that I'm retired I'll get up there.
Enjoying retirement in the great Pacific Northwest.  I've turned into a fair weather angler.  Why do it today when I can do it tomorrow?

cport

Quote from: Pacific NW Ron on May 02, 2018, 10:14:01 AM
Lake Whatcom is a great smallmouth fishery.  It's one of the best in the area.  It's a long deep lake in a valley in the mountains and conditions can get real bad in a hurry.  Have to watch the weather if you're running a ways.
I've never fished it, yet.  It's only about 30 miles away but lots of other good lakes closer by.  Maybe now that I'm retired I'll get up there.

I've fished Lake Washington and Sammamish for Smallies. The football head with a grub on the bottom was deadly. Hit a rock, pop it up. and hold on!
11lb 2 oz PB 🎣

Pacific NW Ron

I've only fished Lake Washington once and that was probably about 40 years ago.  Only caught one bass on that trip.  I've never fished Sammamish.  Was there once but the line at the launch was way to long for me.  They were saying approximately a two hour wait.  Both lakes are very busy lakes and full of skiers and 80 to 100 miles away.  No need for me to travel that far to fish.

Lipripper

Them are some nice looking Smallies and thank for sharing them with us Ron. ~c~

Kats Rule And Bass Drool.Viet Nam Vet

cport

Quote from: Pacific NW Ron on May 02, 2018, 01:13:14 PM
I've only fished Lake Washington once and that was probably about 40 years ago.  Only caught one bass on that trip.  I've never fished Sammamish.  Was there once but the line at the launch was way to long for me.  They were saying approximately a two hour wait.  Both lakes are very busy lakes and full of skiers and 80 to 100 miles away.  No need for me to travel that far to fish.
Where do you live? I was in Seattle (actually Burien and Federal Way), so those lakes were no big deal to travel to. The farthest we would go to fish was head east to the Potholes/Moses Lake or west to Lake Leland in Quilcene. We would go for trout at Leland, but it actually had a good largemouth fishery.
11lb 2 oz PB 🎣

Pacific NW Ron

I live up in Northern Skagit county in the Burlington/Mount Vernon area.  The potholes is another place I've never fished but talking about going this year.  Just have to many good lakes close to home.

cport

Quote from: Pacific NW Ron on May 02, 2018, 02:56:40 PM
I live up in Northern Skagit county in the Burlington/Mount Vernon area.  The potholes is another place I've never fished but talking about going this year.  Just have to many good lakes close to home.
Its really a blast out there. Lots of seepage lakes, some unmapped, all over the preserve, connected by streams and canals; I caught a two-pound rainbow one winter in a stream that was more like a one-foot wide ditch that connected two ponds. My buddy and I (in our younger days) would hop the lakes and ponds in his hollowed out chevy custom van. We would stay out there for a week, living on bottled water, Krusteaz pancakes, and fish. Plus the Reservoir had good small and largemouth fishing, with plenty of walleye too. Enjoy if you go.
11lb 2 oz PB 🎣