Ultimate Bass ULTIMATE BASS | BASS FISHING CLASSIFIED ADS | CONTACT US    

Bass Fishing information about bass boats, tackle, fishing rods, baitcasters and other reels all about bass fishing.
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Thank you! Sorry about the wait...

Page Down
FREE TACKLE EVERY WEEK

Bass Anglers Magazine - The Best bass fishing magazine on the rack! Subscribe Today and Catch More Bass

NuTech Lures

Doc Irv Custom Baits

Life Vantage

Get Bit Outdoors

X Zone Lures

Bass Anglers Magazine - The Best bass fishing magazine on the rack! Subscribe Today and Catch More Bass

Bass Boats For Sale Free Classified Ads

Laurie Cork
Ph. (318)347-7380
You can Email Me Here

Mike Cork
Ph. (318)560-9827

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: K-9 Fluoro  (Read 417 times)

loomisguy

• Lunker
  • Baby Bass
K-9 Fluoro
« on: May 05, 2018, 06:42:56 AM »

After hearing some great things about K9, I ordered a couple spools to try and I have to say I'm really impressed.
I have the Hi Vis in 12lb. for my jig and creature bait rods and 6lb. for my ned/shaky head rods.
It glows well under the black light and handles really well on the spinning reel.
I'm fishing it along side Shooter and Sniper and its right there in terms of sensitivity and it handles better than shooter.
 The best part is a 300yd spool of the 12lb. was 14.99 and 110 of the 6lb. was 5.49.

ʇuǝɹq

• Forum Staff
  • Woo Pig Sooie!!!
Re: K-9 Fluoro
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2018, 08:07:03 AM »

I have heard great things about this line. I'm eager to get ahold of some.

scbassfanatic

• Largemouth
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2018, 04:49:31 PM »

Had never heard of K9 until this post. Seems impressive. I wonder about the HiVis flouro, Have you noticed any difference in catch rates between traditional flouro and the HV? I will admit my interest has been peaked. I would think the HV is better for line watching, but am concerned if it has the same characteristics as traditional FC. I may have to order some just to see for myself.

loomisguy

• Lunker
  • Baby Bass
« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2018, 05:39:16 PM »

I've been throwing the Hi Viz during the day also. I think they bite it the same. I'm really picky about line and the stuff handles great.
I like the Sunline Flippin FC with the chartreuse stripe every 30 inches or so for jig fishing and this is about the same in terms of being able to watch it but the K9 has less memory.
 I do think it's make up must be different than say Sniper because it seems to sink slower, I really think I could throw a walking bait with it, for sure a buzzbait or the Plopper.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2018, 05:47:54 PM by loomisguy »

scbassfanatic

• Largemouth
« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2018, 02:04:18 PM »

Great info. Thanks for the reply. I think I may try it out myself.

gtrpickr

• Charter Member
  • Take a kid fishing! ><> J
« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2018, 03:57:27 PM »

I have been wanting to try Fluoro and researching what would be a good brand I ran across K9 and after reading good things about it I decided to give it a try. I just got my spool of K9 in and cant wait to get it on a reel and give it a try.

Lipripper

• LM Forum Staff
  • Chicago Illinois
« Reply #6 on: June 23, 2018, 04:55:05 PM »

I have been wanting to try Fluoro and researching what would be a good brand I ran across K9 and after reading good things about it I decided to give it a try. I just got my spool of K9 in and cant wait to get it on a reel and give it a try.
We will be  ~goof for your review after you try it out. I don't fish with Fluoro much the last time I used it was on my catfishing rig for leader  ;D

Kats Rule And Bass Drool.Viet Nam Vet

Ddyyak

• Smallmouth
  • Baby Bass
« Reply #7 on: June 23, 2018, 10:33:51 PM »

I fish k9 exclusively and it is great stuff. The owner is from here in middle Tennessee. It is extremely strong ( could probably go down in test from buying normal flouro) He was on a local show and talked about some blended chemical that decreases memory and stiffness and it works. On top of that you just cant beat the price. Only negative is you pretty much have to order from k9 website. I buy it at a local tackle store. Give it a try you wont be disappointed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

loomisguy

• Lunker
  • Baby Bass
« Reply #8 on: June 30, 2018, 06:35:45 AM »

I continue to be impressed with the HI VIS. I drug a ol Monster 25 -30 ft. deep on Table Rock The last couple days until the heat ran me off..
Caught several that I never felt just saw the line move.. Still plenty sensitive on a Dobyns XP 744 and Muse Black .
Shows up well under the black light.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Monster Fishing Tactle is the best place to buy your tackle needs Check them out online

When Bass Fishing Is More than Just a Hobby - Dobyns Rods

QUICK LINKS
UB Home
Main Forum
Welcome
Dock Talk
Techniques
Rods and Reels
Tackle Box
Catch of the Day
UB Contests
Tips and Ideas
Sponsor Connection
Fishing Reports
Charter Members Only
Bass Fishing Classified Ads
Boats 4 Sale

BECOME A
CHARTER MEMBER
SUPPORT UB

Find out about the contests before everyone else and know about the latest news first

Page Up

Page created in 0.084 seconds with 23 queries.