Vacaction Getting Closer!

Started by Deadeye, May 10, 2018, 07:51:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Deadeye

Been a year in the making, but Saturday the Wife and I will be checking into the Hammocks on Marathon Key for a week, then headed to the Solar Surfside north of Miami for another week.

We both need it. Been quite an adjustment having her Dad live with us 24/7 for over a year now. And then got some news yesterday that will effect our lives from this point out I'm sure.

Life goes on.

cport

Quote from: Deadeye on May 10, 2018, 07:51:04 AM
Been a year in the making, but Saturday the Wife and I will be checking into the Hammocks on Marathon Key for a week, then headed to the Solar Surfside north of Miami for another week.

We both need it. Been quite an adjustment having her Dad live with us 24/7 for over a year now. And then got some news yesterday that will effect our lives from this point out I'm sure.

Life goes on.
Wow! Googled The Hammocks, looks really sweet. You can fish right out of you hammock!

Are you guys Blue Green Vacation Members?
11lb 2 oz PB 🎣

SFL BassHunter

That's great that you are getting to take a much needed vacation! Should be fun down in the Keys! Enjoy!
PB: 6lbs 5oz / 24.25 inches.
Rods/Reels Dobyns, 13 Fishing, Cabelas Arachnid, Daiwa Tatula CT, Tatula SVTW, Tatula Tactical, Tatula Type R
Florida Bass Fishing

FlatsNBay

Have fun Fred. You deserve it!

Lipripper

Fred you and your wife have a great vacation.

Kats Rule And Bass Drool.Viet Nam Vet

Deadeye

Quote from: cport on May 10, 2018, 07:58:36 AM
Wow! Googled The Hammocks, looks really sweet. You can fish right out of you hammock!

Are you guys Blue Green Vacation Members?

Yes we are. Started out with a small amount each year then increased it to where we can do quite a bit now if we choose.

We have been to some awesome resorts so far. Anna Marie Island twice. WGV twice. Fountains several times, Trillium in the NC Moutains just after it opened. and others.

Got several more booked for this year.

cport

Quote from: Deadeye on May 11, 2018, 06:52:04 AM
Yes we are. Started out with a small amount each year then increased it to where we can do quite a bit now if we choose.

We have been to some awesome resorts so far. Anna Marie Island twice. WGV twice. Fountains several times, Trillium in the NC Moutains just after it opened. and others.

Got several more booked for this year.
We stayed at the fountains once before, caught a few bass in that lake of theirs. You guys have a great time on your well-deserved vacation
11lb 2 oz PB 🎣

Deadeye

Captsteve

enjoy

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Steve
Headed for the Lake

Deadeye

Place is nice. But the storms be upon us!

Been raining about half the time. Doesn't matter getting much needed rest and relaxation.

Capt. BassinLou

Quote from: Deadeye on May 14, 2018, 09:12:19 AM

Been raining about half the time. Doesn't matter getting much needed rest and relaxation.
Enjoy the trip Fred.

cport

Quote from: Deadeye on May 14, 2018, 09:12:19 AM

Hey Fred, fish don't mind the rain...
11lb 2 oz PB 🎣

Reservoir Runner

Enjoy Fred! Me and the wife are headed to Blue Ridge Georgia for a week tommorow, rented a cabin on Granny Lake hoping there are some bass in the lake.

Deadeye

Week 1 is coming to an end. Been nice, some rain but some nice sunny days too.

Pool and BBQ

Lots of these running around.

Coconut Bowling

Just because pics

Wife took most of the pics when we were fishing. Don't have those. That tiny one was a pic I took. Lol.

Leaving the Hammocks in the morning and headed towards Resort #2.

Captsteve

looks like fun

Steve
Headed for the Lake

cport

Quote from: Deadeye on May 18, 2018, 10:08:22 PM

Leaving the Hammocks in the morning and headed towards Resort #2.

Just googled resort #2, and man, does that beach look great! Hope you get some sunny weather down there, its crap up here.
11lb 2 oz PB 🎣

Capt. BassinLou

Happy you guys are enjoying your vacation Fred.  That pin fish you caught would have made for great live bait for those huge tarpon swimming around.

j102

Looks like a great vacation! Nice!

Deadeye

Stopped at the Bass Pro along the way out of the keys. Store, Marina, Restaurant, Resort, etc.

Store wasn't all that much, but it did have a full sized replica of Hemingway's boat in it.

The Clam Chowder at the Fish House restaurant was the best I've ever had, the Gator not so much.

Nice view from our room.

Deadeye

The Turtle Walk in Surfside.

Captsteve

Looks like ya'll had a blast.

Steve
Headed for the Lake

SFL BassHunter

That's awesome Fred it looks like you guys enjoyed yourselves.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
PB: 6lbs 5oz / 24.25 inches.
Rods/Reels Dobyns, 13 Fishing, Cabelas Arachnid, Daiwa Tatula CT, Tatula SVTW, Tatula Tactical, Tatula Type R
Florida Bass Fishing

Deadeye

Thanks guys.

We are still at Surfside. The wind here is crazy strong, almost blows you off of the balcony.

See what the day brings. Hope the rain holds off and we can get out and play.

Deadeye

El Tropico, Cuban Cuisine

Recommended by someone at our resort.
Oh my, our first real Cuban Food and boy it did not disappoint.

Even my picky eater wife loved it.